gross misuse of power by new commish

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
bearrt
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

gross misuse of power by new commish

Postby bearrt » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:58 am

Hey Guys,

This is my third year as a premium member and have been on the forums since the start of DLF. I am contacting you all in regards to the new commish in our lg kicking me out of the league for questioning why we have a new owner (happens to be the commish's good friend) that has only logged on 3 times in 4 months and didnt set a lineup this season...playing multiple inactive players. I brought it up on the week I PLAYED that team because i wanted a challenge and wanted the league to have all active owners like it is says in the bylaws. He has gotten rude with me before for questioning why waivers werent open when they should have been and im not the only one. the following are email conversations between the commish and I as well as other league members. i dont want to lose my team because i was trying to make the league better.

Mike P
To
Sep 19 at 11:00 PM
Haha, this is too much drama for a free and "just for fun" league. I agree, the commish's behavior has been questionable at best.

*We basically didn't have 2 owners for Week 1 of the season.
* He wasn't setting his friend's lineup who he knew wasn't capable of doing so.
* The issue with league roster expansion/contraction was also bungled.
* Multiple bi-law inconsistencies.

On Friday, September 19, 2014 10:52 PM, Sean wrote:

btw he also revoked all my rights to post on the message board. keep in mind.....all i did was question why a new team owner had logged in like 3 times in 4 months but since its a friend of his.....he gets high and mighty on me. if you guys have been in many leagues before....you know how commish behavior like this can wreck leagues. how dare i bring up things in hopes of making the league better. i spent a lot of time on this league site....more than anyone i imagine....and the "commish" takes away my voice because I questioned an absentee owner. lol

p.s. it was probably also partly to do with him being scared of the team i have assembled. :)

p.s.s. i would that this crap doesnt stand...dont allow this guy to puff his chest out and just do whatever the hell he wants

To
Me
Today at 10:38 PM
Who said anything about giving you an option?

Regards,

Ken

Sent from my iPad

> On Sep 19, 2014, at 10:33 PM, Sean wrote:
>
> Lol...first off dictator goodell...I didn't ask to leave the lg and just because I have a desire for the lg to have active members in it and to be ran according to the bylaws that are posted on the site doesn't give you any right to threaten me for the SECOND time with removal. Ur friend is an awful owner, and u continually take up for him...he's logged on like 3 times in 4 months. I get it...medical problems...but that's life. If I didn't have time to Set my lineup I would step down instead of just getting a free pass on playing inactive players. Thanks for giving me the option to hang around tho.
>
> Regards
> The 2-0 beavers
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On Sep 19, 2014, at 10:15 PM, Ken wrote:
>>
>> We have fundamental differences about how to run this league, that much is obvious. Would you like to wait until the end of the season to leave, or would you prefer to do it now?
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Ken
>>
>> Sent from my iPad

This isnt right and shouldnt stand...i broke no rules....i just questioned his authority. Ill wait for you guys response.

Thanks guys,

sean

Titus Young's Lawyer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: gross misuse of power by new commish

Postby Titus Young's Lawyer » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:04 am

First thing I see is that it is a free league, just leave problem solved

general mills
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby general mills » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:05 am

First off I think it might be best not to post full names and email addresses. Second if it's a free league then just move on. Last thing I need is for a fun hobby to be stressful or to be full of drama. Just be the better person and move on.

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:10 am

just move on, check out the help wanted...im sure you can find another league there. unfortunately a commish will do as he pleases in reguards to the issues you brought up.

failblazer
All Pro
All Pro

Postby failblazer » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:16 am

general mills wrote:First off I think it might be best not to post full names and email addresses. Second if it's a free league then just move on. Last thing I need is for a fun hobby to be stressful or to be full of drama. Just be the better person and move on.
Agreed on both points. I generally stay away from posting full names and e-mails. I understand that even in a free league you can still have a lot invested, especially in dynasty. You still build the team and care about it and spend countless hours making trades, combing the wire etc but honestly this seems like a situation where it isn't going to get better. If it was one bad owner spoiling a league then normally I'd stick it out hoping he gets bounced but when it's a commish it's pretty much untenable. As much as it sucks to lose any team you've invested time and effort into, you should probably cut your loses and find a new league.
16 Team PPR (11th Year Dynasty - Former 2 Time Champion)
P. Mahomes, Z. Wilson
C. McCaffrey, N. Harris, C. Hubbard
D. Hopkins, A. Cooper, C. Kupp, D. Johnson, G. Davis, D. Mims, J. Palmer
D. Waller, C. Kmet, B. Jordan

C. Young, R. Quinn
D. Leonard, M. Milano, C. Mosely, B. Okereke, J. Davis
J. Simmons, J. Fuller

Picks - 1.01, 2.12, 3.01, 3.15, 4.14

16 Team PPR (10th Year Dynasty - Reigning 5 Time Champion)
A. Rodgers, J. Fields
C. McCaffrey, D. Henry, J. Dobbins, M. Davis
D. Hopkins, D. Adams, C. Kupp, M. Jones, M. Valdes-Scantling, A. Green, T. Johnson, Dy. Brown, G. Pickens, J. Tolbert,
N. Fant, A. Okwugbunam, J. Harris
J. Elliott

D. Lawrence, R. Quinn, T. Hendrickson
R. Smith, B. Okereke, L. Wilson, J. Davis, D. Tranquil, B. Asamoah
J. Simmons, W. Harris

wingnutty
Starter
Starter

Postby wingnutty » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:36 am

take him to small claims court? :boohoo:

I mean seriously, what are you gonna be able to do? Nothing. It's fantasy football. Move on. Sucks to lose a team, but really, it''s fantasy football. You have no power to make the commish be better, there is no due process here. Bummer, but move on.

Tsunami
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tsunami » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:50 am

I've been removed from a league or two for similar reasons. If they want to play with their friends instead of by the rules then that isn't a league you want to be in anyways, consider it a win and move on.

Jimmy Jones
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Jimmy Jones » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:01 am

Fun leagues are supposed to be fun. That doesn't sound fun. Send an email inviting everyone you like into a new startup that you will commish and peace out of that BS.
The Green Bay Packers
10 Team Superflex, Pass Heavy Scoring
1QB, 1QB/RB/WR/TE, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Def, 1K
Passing: 2pt/20yds 5pt/TD; Rushing/Receiving: 2pt/10yds; 1PPR

QB's: ARod, Rivers, Sanchez, Manziel, Mallett, Mettenberger
RB's: Charles, Lacy, Ellington, Oliver, Davis, Starks, CMike
WR's: Julio, Maclin, Sanders, Watkins, Crabtree, Patterson, Quick
TE's: Graham, Kelce, ASJ

tidewaterjc
All Pro
All Pro

Postby tidewaterjc » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:34 am

bwa hahahaha...... lmao......

for those that want to follow the drama.....

http://www23.myfantasyleague.com/2014/home/27021#0

Clein has been a cancer there since inception....then he took over as Commish.... what did you expect :lol:
Twitter: @tidewaterjc
Email: tidewaterjc@gmail.com

Need a FF Team Helmet?

Custom FF Helmets/Banners available
http://s1324.photobucket.com/user/tidewaterjc/profile/

WindyCityFlyer
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby WindyCityFlyer » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:46 am

tidewaterjc wrote:bwa hahahaha...... lmao......

for those that want to follow the drama.....

http://www23.myfantasyleague.com/2014/home/27021#0

Clein has been a cancer there since inception....then he took over as Commish.... what did you expect :lol:
I don't see anything on the chat or message boards that if worth reading...?

OP- Just leave the league.
"If they want to play with their friends instead of by the rules then that isn't a league you want to be in anyways, consider it a win and move on."
Truth.

cc texan
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby cc texan » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:46 am

You should really take out all the emails for the people involved. I get that you're upset, but no need to divulge personal information.
12 Team IDP. QB:1 / RB:1-3 / WR:2-5 / TE:1-3 / DL:2-4 / LB:2-4 / DB:2-4
QB: Newton, Rivers
RB: Hyde, Gordon, Martin, Dixon, Prosise, Williams (GB), Connor
WR: Beckham, Parker, White, Ty Williams, Doctson, Schuster-Smith, Boyd
TE: Thomas, Howard, Everett
DL: Cox, Fowler, Clark
LB: Alonso, Kendricks, Mack, Hicks, Kirksey, Mercilus, Ray
DB: Ryan, B Jones
Devy: Bryan Edwards

cc texan
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby cc texan » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:50 am

Also, guy sounds like a jackov, no need for that kind of attitude in a free league. Just quit.
12 Team IDP. QB:1 / RB:1-3 / WR:2-5 / TE:1-3 / DL:2-4 / LB:2-4 / DB:2-4
QB: Newton, Rivers
RB: Hyde, Gordon, Martin, Dixon, Prosise, Williams (GB), Connor
WR: Beckham, Parker, White, Ty Williams, Doctson, Schuster-Smith, Boyd
TE: Thomas, Howard, Everett
DL: Cox, Fowler, Clark
LB: Alonso, Kendricks, Mack, Hicks, Kirksey, Mercilus, Ray
DB: Ryan, B Jones
Devy: Bryan Edwards

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:59 am

Step 1. Start a new league where you are commish.
Step 2. Don't be a d-bag commish.
Step 3. Have fun.

The first dyno league I joined was/is solid. Been in it for several years. Liked it so much that I wanted to join another league or two. Unfortunately, as much as I looked, and as many league that I joined and ultimately left, it's not always easy to find a league that is commished well and has active owners. I got lucky with my first dyno league.

Moral of the story, any old d-bag can start a league...and not everyone who commished a league should be doing it. What I ended undoing was starting two leagues, and commishing them myself. This way you don't have to worry about a d-bag commish (unless of course you are one). You can in the league fairly and you can enforce the bylaws.

Problemo solved

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:16 pm

Free league? Is this a forum for boy scouts that play fantasy football? Easy answer, leave this league and start your own with non Dbags like the other guy just said.
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:47 pm

failblazer wrote:
general mills wrote:First off I think it might be best not to post full names and email addresses. Second if it's a free league then just move on. Last thing I need is for a fun hobby to be stressful or to be full of drama. Just be the better person and move on.
Agreed on both points. I generally stay away from posting full names and e-mails. I understand that even in a free league you can still have a lot invested, especially in dynasty. You still build the team and care about it and spend countless hours making trades, combing the wire etc but honestly this seems like a situation where it isn't going to get better. If it was one bad owner spoiling a league then normally I'd stick it out hoping he gets bounced but when it's a commish it's pretty much untenable. As much as it sucks to lose any team you've invested time and effort into, you should probably cut your loses and find a new league.
why avoid posting full names .... if there is a bridge out would you hope someone posted a bridge out sign... I think there could be a thread with just douchebag players and commishs and the sites they play at just for the sake of preventing someone else from wasting time and energy and then finding out the commish is a jackass . Like say mark from washington state for instance human detritus on yahoo
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci