Dynasty league sites

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Re: Dynasty league sites

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Tue May 12, 2015 11:50 pm

BTW, some customization on ESPN is possible. You can insert banners and chat boxes into the homepage. Something which I've done on my Beer League:

http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/leagueoffi ... eId=460838

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Tue May 12, 2015 11:55 pm

Sorry, doesn't seem that visitors can view the League Managers message. Will post some screen shots shortly.

md7197
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby md7197 » Thu May 14, 2015 10:22 am

Hi everyone, new to the site and new to Dynasty. My friends and I have had a redraft league on ESPN for >10 yrs and have decided to shift to a dynasty league. However, we have some rules/features we would like that I believe ESPN does not support. I am looking for a recommendation for a site that would support the following features and ideally have an iOS/Android app and live scoring.

1) Live draft room
2) Roster cuts (we go from 30 players during the off-season to 25 players in season)
3) Trading of draft picks for players
4) IR Roster Slot (a slot for a player who is currently on IR that does not count toward your 25 roster slots)
5) Weekly auction free agent acquisition
6) Overall our scoring is very standard PPR and we do not do any IDP or specialized roster slots (no punters etc.).

I do not think ESPN supports these features but I would like a smooth/easy to use interface and was wondering if anyone knew whether Yahoo or CBS would support this. It looks like MFL would support our league but I believe it to be too cumbersome and involved for what my league is looking for.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

bonscott
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bonscott » Thu May 14, 2015 11:36 am

md7197 wrote:Hi everyone, new to the site and new to Dynasty. My friends and I have had a redraft league on ESPN for >10 yrs and have decided to shift to a dynasty league. However, we have some rules/features we would like that I believe ESPN does not support. I am looking for a recommendation for a site that would support the following features and ideally have an iOS/Android app and live scoring.

1) Live draft room
2) Roster cuts (we go from 30 players during the off-season to 25 players in season)
3) Trading of draft picks for players
4) IR Roster Slot (a slot for a player who is currently on IR that does not count toward your 25 roster slots)
5) Weekly auction free agent acquisition
6) Overall our scoring is very standard PPR and we do not do any IDP or specialized roster slots (no punters etc.).

I do not think ESPN supports these features but I would like a smooth/easy to use interface and was wondering if anyone knew whether Yahoo or CBS would support this. It looks like MFL would support our league but I believe it to be too cumbersome and involved for what my league is looking for.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Yea, MFL would support all of that* out of the box and with very little setup. You can set up a free league and check it out, only need to pay if you want to keep it and get live scoring in the fall.

1) No extra setup needed other then set up the draft
2) nothing to do with the site, you tell everyone to cut their players and you can drop players if they don't comply (you need good league bylaws on what happens no matter what site you use)
3) Build in, check a couple boxes
4) Turn on IR, all done
* 5)...if you mean weekly blind bidding for free agents then yes, MFL supports that but not a weekly "auction" as you would for an auction draft.

Good luck!

Phantom Knight
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Phantom Knight » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:21 am

md7197 wrote:Hi everyone, new to the site and new to Dynasty. My friends and I have had a redraft league on ESPN for >10 yrs and have decided to shift to a dynasty league. However, we have some rules/features we would like that I believe ESPN does not support. I am looking for a recommendation for a site that would support the following features and ideally have an iOS/Android app and live scoring.
I can tell you about Yahoo (the free version)

1) Live draft room Yes
2) Roster cuts (we go from 30 players during the off-season to 25 players in season) Yes with limitations. First, 30 is the maximum roster size. So it works for your league. It won't work for all leagues. Second, I am not certain how the roster limit would happen when you go from 30 to 25. I don't think the application is built to support that. It might (or might not) be that the owners would have to drop down to 25 before you could change the limit to 25. My guess is that you can make the change first and then the owners would be forced to drop players.
3) Trading of draft picks for players Yes with limitations. Currently, a team's total number of draft picks cannot change. If the draft is 5 rounds, each team would always have exactly 5 draft picks. So each trade would have to include an equal number of picks. Hopefully this is something Yahoo will change soon as it is a necessity, in my opinion, for many dynasty leagues.
4) IR Roster Slot (a slot for a player who is currently on IR that does not count toward your 25 roster slots). Yes. An issue here could be with the total roster size. I don't know, but suspect, that all I/R spots count toward the 30 roster spots.
5) Weekly auction free agent acquisition Yes, assuming you are talking about blind bidding - though it will not be as robust as MFL.
6) Overall our scoring is very standard PPR and we do not do any IDP or specialized roster slots (no punters etc.). Yahoo can handle standard PPR for sure.

Yahoo has a live draft. I personally like their setup better than most I have seen. One issue has been the inability of the commish to pause the draft should something happen (an owner loses connection for example). Progress is being made (the commish can pause the draft a few (3?) times for a limited (2 minutes?) number of time. Hopefully soon this will be a non-issue.

There is an droid app and I would be surprised if there is not a comparable iOS app as well.

Biggest issues I see with Yahoo:

- This will be a deal breaker for some. Yahoo closes down after the Superbowl and doesn't reopen until a good bit later. It used to be late July/early August. Then it was July. Then June. I believe they reopened in May this year. So progress is being made and I believe at some point, they will go year round.

- the yearly changeover for a keeper/dynasty league could be smoother/easier on the commish. Yahoo was set up for redraft and the idea of a permanent team roster just wasn't part of the equation. But progress is being made here. Hopefully it will be a complete non-issue within the next year or two.

- the maximum roster size of 30 will nix Yahoo for some leagues - especially those who have IDP.

- for dynasty especially, the trading of draft picks needs to be more robust - to include at the very least an unbalanced number of draft picks being traded.

- the lack of important (to me) information on many reports/pages. For example, I never want to see a report with players that does not include the players' bye weeks. A head scratcher to me that this is not "in there" so to speak. A good number of users have asked for this and I think it will eventually happen.

- lacks integrated bulletin board/file posting. This is particularly disheartening because Yahoo has wonderful applications for this and you can access them with the same userid that you use for your league. But it is annoying to have to go to another site to get that. What would it take to make the tie in transparent. Doesn't matter where they store the info, just make it appear to be part of the FF league software.

- league history has been available... but very cumbersome. Each year is treated as a separate team. So you had to go back to each year one by one to see history. This really is something that needs to be improved. I just saw (not sure if I had missed it or if it is a new feature) Edit League History which looks to be a good step forward.

Things I really like about Yahoo:
- the user interface
- the player data/player news. Honestly, I have paid the yearly subscription for player news/info on more than one FF site only to revert to Yahoo because of the abysmal job of said sites to keep player news current.
- reports. although the reports are not as customizable as they may be on other sites, I like them fine as they are and prefer them to most of the customizable reports I have seen elsewhere.

Some would be annoyed that league pages in Yahoo are not customizable. And while it would be nice if it were, I'll take a nice clean interface with the nuts and bolts I want over a customizable site that I find clunky and/or outdated visually. If customization is important to you, MFL is the way to go. I find MFL's out of the box visual experience/interface to be the worst of all the "big boys" in FF. But it also is by far the most customizable and the most robust. You would probably have to pay a designer but you can have a completely awesome looking league site in MFL. If that is important to you, go with MFL. If you can live without it and do not have unique ("non-standard scoring"), save the yearly fee and the customization fee and stick with something like Yahoo. Again this is one man's opinion and not intended to offend the majority here who strongly favor/endorse MFL.

bonscott
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bonscott » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:50 am

Phantom Knight wrote: Again this is one man's opinion and not intended to offend the majority here who strongly favor/endorse MFL.
None taken.

I think most would agree that the "out of the box" look of MFL is from the last millennium. :doh: I'll just add that if a new commish to MFL would take about 15-30 minutes of time they can make a pretty decent looking site with very little effort. There are a few dozen "skins" to choose from out of the box, many are modern looking and look pretty good, some are older of course. So just keep choosing one until you find one you like. You can customize your league banner, colors, team logos and such with no coding at all, just choose the menu items you want. And then you can add different "modules" to your tabs to display what you want on your homepage. Again, 30 minutes and you're good to go with a much better looking site. You can of course spend a lot more time on it and get into coding and such if you want, but certainly not required.

But there is nothing wrong with Yahoo or other services if it fits right for your league. You find a lot of MFL supporters here simply because it's really hard to find a site that is equal when it comes to fully supporting dynasty leagues. Most of my owners are the opposite in terms of UI, they want the functionality and the stats, they could care less what it looks like. Then again, we all hail from the pen and paper era long before the Internet so anything computerized is a godsend. Still remember not knowing until Wednesday or Thursday if I won my game or not until the league newsletter came in the mail, actual post office mail that is. :dance:

tjzoom
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby tjzoom » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:33 pm

Does anybody have some experience with Reality Sports Online? I got intrigued by what I was reading in the DLF writer's league and a few of my long-time fantasy buddies and I are thinking of starting up a league there. How's the interface? Was it a good experience? Pricing decent? Would you recommend doing this? We have never played in a salary cap/contract league before, but have been doing dynasty for about 4 years. Thanks for any info!
THE HAMMER PATROL

QB: Aaron Rodgers, Tony Romo
RB: Matt Forte, Eddie Lacy, Mark Ingram, Shane Vereen, Chris Ivory, Montee Ball, Jay Ajayi, Tevin Coleman
WR: Julio Jones, Randall Cobb, Torrey Smith, Keenan Allen, Mike Evans, Jordan Matthews, Justin Hunter, Terrance Williams, Kendall Wright
TE: Jason Witten, Eric Ebron, Zach Ertz
D/ST: Arizona Cardinals, Carolina Panthers
K: Mike Nugent

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:17 pm

I was wondering the same thing. I do know there is a 9.95 site fee for each team but I don't think that's too bad because it has so many details that it keeps up with, salary cap, contracts, franchise tags, etc. I applied for a public league opening, I'm really interested see how it all works.
12 TEAM PPR 1QB 1/3RB 1/3WR 1TE 2FLEX 1D 1K

Team 1: 8-5-2019 Champs 8-5-2020 Champs 11-3-2021 Champs
QBs: D.Carr, C.Wentz
RBs: J.Taylor, A.Jones, J.Mixon, B.Robinson
WRs: T.Hill, C.Lamb, C.Godwin, K.Allen, J.Jones, K.Golladay
TEs: T.Kelce, P.Freiermuth

DLF Series SF TE Premium
2020: 10-3-Championship 2021: 12-2-Runner Up
QBs: J.Allen, Winston, Trubisky
RBs: Ekeler, J.Williams, M.Gordon, J.Jacobs, I.Spiller
WRs: C.Kupp, T.Hill, C.Lamb, C.Godwin, D.Mooney, N.Collins, M.Hardman
TEs: D.Waller, D.Schultz, Albert O

DLF Series SF TE Premium
2020: 9-4

QBs: Mahomes, J.Allen, J.Love, Trubisky
RBs: A.Jones, M.Gordon, McKissic, K.Vaughn, B.Snell
WRs: J.Jefferson, T.McLaurin, K.Golladay, M.Pittman,T.Patrick
TEs: M.Andrews,D.Schultz

2019: 9 championships
2020: 7 championships-including 2 DLF Series Championships
2021: 9 championships-including 3 DLF Series Championships

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:08 am

Has anyone built their own customized website for a dynasty league?

bonscott
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bonscott » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:53 am

Jason3123 wrote:Has anyone built their own customized website for a dynasty league?
If you hit the MFL forums you'll find several. You can use the developer API to pretty much build an entire custom site and MFL is just the backend stats and scoring provider.

But perhaps that's not what you mean. If you mean a complete custom web site stand alone, can't be done. Not unless you have tens of thousands of dollars laying around to pay for a stats feed. :wink:

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:44 pm

bonscott wrote:
Jason3123 wrote:Has anyone built their own customized website for a dynasty league?
If you hit the MFL forums you'll find several. You can use the developer API to pretty much build an entire custom site and MFL is just the backend stats and scoring provider.

But perhaps that's not what you mean. If you mean a complete custom web site stand alone, can't be done. Not unless you have tens of thousands of dollars laying around to pay for a stats feed. :wink:
I did mean a fully custom site, didn't know that about the stats though, shows you my ignorance haha.

Didn't know that about MFL but I'll have to check that out. Thanks!

jjm1819
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby jjm1819 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:50 am

Looking for a quick help answer for ESPN.com

This is our second year and everything from year one moved over as it should have. The only issue is I am trying to add rookies from our rookie draft to the teams but it says draft must be completed first? Do I have to re put everyone's information back in as if we did a draft? Is there a way to skip the draft and be able to add the rookies? Anyone with help would be greatly appreciated!

ThrawnFett
Starter
Starter

Postby ThrawnFett » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:24 am

jjm1819 wrote:Looking for a quick help answer for ESPN.com

This is our second year and everything from year one moved over as it should have. The only issue is I am trying to add rookies from our rookie draft to the teams but it says draft must be completed first? Do I have to re put everyone's information back in as if we did a draft? Is there a way to skip the draft and be able to add the rookies? Anyone with help would be greatly appreciated!
Have everyone set their entire teams as keepers. Then manually run the draft and assign the rookies to the teams when their picks come up. As long as each team has the number of bench spots available for their picks, that works. I also keep a spreadsheet of the rookie draft data. ESPN's draft recap doesn't give an accurate account of how the rookie draft happened.

ESPN isn't really set up for dynasty, but you can make it work. I've been running a few leagues through them for a few years, so feel free to PM me with questions if you have more.

CrimeLord
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby CrimeLord » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:21 pm

For those that prefer Yahoo, I contacted support asking about getting better Dynasty support. They have a page you can vote for features you want them to implement. If we all vote hard on this, they'll take notice and hopefully give us another dynasty hosting option.

Topic to vote on:
https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/2061 ... en-year-ro

List of all topics that can be sorted various ways:
https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/2061 ... y-football

Phisk
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Phisk » Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:20 pm

Is nobody using the NFL Fantasy site? I'm in a 1st year dynasty league there and planning to set up another one. Are yahoo, espn or other sites much better in terms of running a dynasty league?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
TEAM 1: Dynasty League / 14 Teams / 20 man roster / 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2Flex (RB/WR, RB/WR/TE), 1K, 1DEF
QB: T. Brady, J. Garoppolo, E. Manning, J. Manziel
RB: C. Ivory, C. Anderson, A. Andrews, O. Darkwa, D. Lewis, R. Mathews, Z. Stacy, J. White,
WR: C. Johnson, K. Allen, A. Bodin, E. Decker,
TE: H. Miller, J. Temme, J. Thomas
K: C. Santos
DEF: Lions, Patriots

TEAM 2: Keepers League/ 16 teams / 12 man roster / 5 keepers / 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1K, 1DEF
QB: C. Newton, -
RB: C. Ivory, J. Forsett, -
WR: K. Benjamin, A. Jeffery, A. Cooper, -
TE:
K:
DEF: