Dynasty league sites

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
skip
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Dynasty league sites

Postby skip » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:05 pm

skip wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:46 am Not specifically a dynasty related question but this is the first year I've ever played in a league that used ESPN (and I'm definitely not a fan...). Maybe I'm missing something but I've been unable to find anywhere in the app or on the web site that allows me to set my lineup for the upcoming week on a Monday morning. It appears that a lineup is always only considered "active" and I have to wait until the completion of the Monday night game. Is this correct or am I just missing the option somewhere?
No one ever answered this for me but I've got another question about ESPN's site... I don't see anywhere to see rankings/scoring from previous seasons. Can someone tell me where to find that?
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

akbfrosty
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby akbfrosty » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:23 pm

skip wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:05 pm
skip wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:46 am Not specifically a dynasty related question but this is the first year I've ever played in a league that used ESPN (and I'm definitely not a fan...). Maybe I'm missing something but I've been unable to find anywhere in the app or on the web site that allows me to set my lineup for the upcoming week on a Monday morning. It appears that a lineup is always only considered "active" and I have to wait until the completion of the Monday night game. Is this correct or am I just missing the option somewhere?
No one ever answered this for me but I've got another question about ESPN's site... I don't see anywhere to see rankings/scoring from previous seasons. Can someone tell me where to find that?
Been using ESPN for fantasy since 2006 for a redraft league.

From my experience, you cannot "submit" a lineup for the next week on ESPN. So, yes, in a sense it is locked until Tuesday morning.

I'm not sure if you're talking about the players' scoring (which isn't there in bulk for past years) or the team standings. When you aren't on mobile, go to "Standings" and there is a drop down with the different years the league has been active. The two choices are "Season Standings" and "Final Standings". "Final Standings" contains the team scoring.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:45 pm

akbfrosty wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:23 pm
skip wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:05 pm
Been using ESPN for fantasy since 2006 for a redraft league.

From my experience, you cannot "submit" a lineup for the next week on ESPN. So, yes, in a sense it is locked until Tuesday morning.

I'm not sure if you're talking about the players' scoring (which isn't there in bulk for past years) or the team standings. When you aren't on mobile, go to "Standings" and there is a drop down with the different years the league has been active. The two choices are "Season Standings" and "Final Standings". "Final Standings" contains the team scoring.
That's not what I'm looking for. I want to be able to see final rankings of WRs for 2016, for example. I can't find any way to get this information.

akbfrosty
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby akbfrosty » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:53 pm

Ya, it's not there. I usually use fantasydata since most of my leagues are PPR.

If you've got more obscure scoring, then that won't work, and you'd probably have to do it with excel, which would be boring but not too difficult if you really need the data.

Kramer
MVP
MVP

Postby Kramer » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:13 pm

Skip,

If you go to standings tab, there will be a drop-down menu that you can use to change the year (top right). After you change the year, you can then click the players tab and look at the stats from that year for all players. I was able to see all the stats for players from the previous years (league has been going for three years now). One thing that they didn't have was the total points for players from the 2015 season, but the stats were still there. I'm not sure if this was because I joined the league after year 1 and wasn't a part of that year or because ESPN doesn't keep that information for multiple years. Feel free to jump around and see what is there for you.
10 team SF .5ppr-QB,2RB,3WR,TE,Flex,SF,Def (30 spots)
QB: Allen, AR, Brissett
RB: Mixon,Barkley,Rhamondre,Foreman
WR: Deebo,Adams,Jeudy, Devonta,Nuk
TE: Knox,Chig, Woods, Ferguson
2023 picks: 2, 3, 6, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 18, 19, 20
2024 picks: 3 2nds
2025 picks: 3 2nds

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:59 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:32 am What sites (other than MFL) allow for slow auctions? Any in which you can exclude rookies?
I'm curious about an answer to this as well.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:56 pm

dblj1199 wrote: Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:29 am I'm assuming the MFL is My fantasy league.
Yeah, pay the fees, it works out to a few bucks a person, and you won't look back. a few guys may complain about the interface compared to Yahoo at first, but once they get their head around it, they'll be fine. Well worth the extra bit of cash each owner has to shell out.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Sat May 05, 2018 2:30 am

How does Fleaflicker compare to MFL ? We have been using MFL for 4 years and half the guys want to switch for various reasons. It’s going to come up for a vote soon and I don’t know which side to vote for
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed, Bateman
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.07, 2.06, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 1, 2, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: Achane, K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Willis, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Demercado, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 0.0 (Blutarski)
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sat May 05, 2018 9:13 am

TheTroll wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 2:30 am How does Fleaflicker compare to MFL ? We have been using MFL for 4 years and half the guys want to switch for various reasons. It’s going to come up for a vote soon and I don’t know which side to vote for
Go back thru this entire thread, I am sure you will find some opinions on it. Personally, I hate it, and left leagues because of the platform. It has nothing to offer above very basic functionality and even then has a number of shortcomings. I am sure you will find a few fans but I'd much rather pay the $5 per team to actually have a quality web site.

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Sat May 05, 2018 9:18 am

skip wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 9:13 am
TheTroll wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 2:30 am How does Fleaflicker compare to MFL ? We have been using MFL for 4 years and half the guys want to switch for various reasons. It’s going to come up for a vote soon and I don’t know which side to vote for
Go back thru this entire thread, I am sure you will find some opinions on it. Personally, I hate it, and left leagues because of the platform. It has nothing to offer above very basic functionality and even then has a number of shortcomings. I am sure you will find a few fans but I'd much rather pay the $5 per team to actually have a quality web site.
I did but most were from years past and I didn’t know if they changed anything so I wanted to be sure to get a current opinion on Fleaflicker.
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed, Bateman
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.07, 2.06, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 1, 2, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: Achane, K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Willis, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Demercado, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 0.0 (Blutarski)
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

MockGM
Role Player
Role Player

Postby MockGM » Mon May 07, 2018 11:19 am

Fleaflicker isn't really a dynasty site. My league has used MFL for 4 years now, but may be heading to CBS after I heard they implemented rookie drafts and trading future picks. It appears their functionality and mobile app capabilities are superior to MFL too.
20 man Rosters PPR start QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, Flex (WR,RB,TE) K DEF 12 teams $220 cap
QB: Luck $22, Jameis $1, Mariota $1
RB: Saquon $18, D. Johnson $13, Henry $17, Gus Edwards $13, D. Martin $3
WR: Julio $50, Mike Evans $30, Diggs $12, Tyreek $8, Mike Williams $7, Godwin $4, Sutton $6, Agholor $8
TE: Burton $14, Hooper $2
K: Tucker $1
D/ST: Streaming

Ray Finkle
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ray Finkle » Mon May 07, 2018 1:34 pm

MockGM wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 11:19 am
Fleaflicker isn't really a dynasty site. My league has used MFL for 4 years now, but may be heading to CBS after I heard they implemented rookie drafts and trading future picks. It appears their functionality and mobile app capabilities are superior to MFL too.
You are correct, CBS fa fa finally gave the ability to trade future picks (up to 3 years) and run multiple drafts. It is expensive but the mobile app is second to none and they offer plenty of scoring option versatility. There is quite a bit of advertisement despite the subscription price and you have to deal with all the useless "in house" analysis they try to present but everyone in my league loves the functionality.

MockGM
Role Player
Role Player

Postby MockGM » Mon May 07, 2018 2:30 pm

Ray Finkle wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 1:34 pm

You are correct, CBS fa fa finally gave the ability to trade future picks (up to 3 years) and run multiple drafts. It is expensive but the mobile app is second to none and they offer plenty of scoring option versatility. There is quite a bit of advertisement despite the subscription price and you have to deal with all the useless "in house" analysis they try to present but everyone in my league loves the functionality.
Yeah, having just joined, the UI/app probably makes the $5 more I have to pay worth it over MFL, but we shall see.
20 man Rosters PPR start QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, Flex (WR,RB,TE) K DEF 12 teams $220 cap
QB: Luck $22, Jameis $1, Mariota $1
RB: Saquon $18, D. Johnson $13, Henry $17, Gus Edwards $13, D. Martin $3
WR: Julio $50, Mike Evans $30, Diggs $12, Tyreek $8, Mike Williams $7, Godwin $4, Sutton $6, Agholor $8
TE: Burton $14, Hooper $2
K: Tucker $1
D/ST: Streaming

Walter W.
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Walter W. » Mon May 07, 2018 8:11 pm

Ray Finkle wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 1:34 pm

My only two problems with CBS were no trading of draft picks, and that I couldn't do our rookie draft online there unless I wanted to wait until June. They took care of both of those things, so I am very happy with them. Easy to use, great app and great live scoring, worth the extra money. They give me a multi league discount, so the price is even better.
The One Who Knocks
12 team league, 27 man rosters (more during the offseason), 7 man Practice Squad. Standard league with big play scoring for IDPs.

QB: L. Jackson, K. Mond, K. Murray, A. Richardson, D. Thompson-Robinson
RB: L. Bellamy, Z. Charbonnet, N. Chubb, N. Harris, K. Hunt, K. Ingram, C. Edwards-Helaire, J. Mixon, D. Vaughn, J. Warren, K. Williams
WR: C. Austin, O. Beckham, A. Cooper, C. Davis, J. Downs, M. Goodwin, N. Harry, J. Jefferson, J. Jeudy, T. Johnson, M. Jones, A. Lazard, M. Mims, S. Moore, R. Rice, J. Smith-Schuster, J. Washington, A. Wesley, N. Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: N. Fant, H. Henry, K. Pitts, D. Washington
K: Z. Gonzalez, R. Gould, B. McManus
DL: J. Hughes, T. Wilson
LB: D. Harris, J. Houston, S. Leonard
DB: E. Forbes, A. Robertson

2024 picks: 1, 1, 3, 5, 5, 6, 7
2025 picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Typhus
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Typhus » Sat May 12, 2018 10:58 pm

bonscott wrote: Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:28 am
QB Eagles wrote:I'm in a number of leagues on MFL and a few on Fleaflicker. I'm still trying to figure out why so many people thing MFL is the best thing out there. IMO, it is just ok. There are a few nice features, but nothing that truly sets it above the rest to me. I haven't had any issues with Flea.
I think MFL is popular for commish's based on the tremendous amount of options to literally setup your league however you want. You are not limited by any of the automated options and can do anything manually should you choose to do so. Very few other sites offer this flexibility. Obviously if another service supports your rules then that appeal of MFL isn't as great.

Another appeal to MFL is the unlimited ways you can customize it's look. It comes with a "basic" look with several dozen "skins" to change it's look. But you have nearly infinite ways to easily customize what is displayed and how it looks even with no programming knowledge. And if you do, then the sky's the limit.

But again, this may not appeal to everyone.

MFL support is also top notch, response within 24 hours most times, and the support forum is hard to beat. This can't be said for sites like ESPN, Yahoo, etc. But other smaller sites may have great support too.

MFL also offers full year round support for dynasty leagues and has for many, many years, again something most other services don't offer. And you have full history of your previous years leagues, all the way back to the mid 80s last I looked, something nobody else offers that I'm aware of. But, like a broken record, that may not be important to some.

MFL has also been around forever, nearly 20 years, so there is a lot of history of people being with them for a very long time, before pretty much any other web service was even thought of. So there is a lot of long term loyalty there.

All that is not to say there aren't other great services out there, but this collection of things (along with many others I didn't mention) are why MFL is so popular.
Pretty sure your the same bonscott that built a few of my Icons for my 20 yr MFL league. Still use some of them as a matter of fact.
The ability to build custom icons is like candy for recruiting new owners, its gives owners an identity that is more than just a name.