Dynasty league sites

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Re: Dynasty league sites

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Tue May 13, 2014 11:21 pm

Anyone know if it is possible to include draft picks in an MFL auction? So in addition to actual players, individual draft picks or clusters of draft picks could be bid on...

italian_stallion21
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby italian_stallion21 » Wed May 14, 2014 9:26 am

Yes, but you have to basically make them as a custom player. It's super easy to do however.

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Wed May 14, 2014 10:17 am

Cool! One moe question, will it be possible to see the bid history of a player... To see who bid what when?

italian_stallion21
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby italian_stallion21 » Wed May 14, 2014 10:20 am

Hmmm, I'm not sure. I know as commish you can, so I would assume there's a way to be able to do it but I haven't done an auction league in over a year so I wouldn't have the info anymore.

DudeDean
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby DudeDean » Mon May 19, 2014 9:12 am

Does anyone know the quality of FleaFlicker's live scoring. I'm used to espn they have great live scoring, but I'm not sure if they allow trading players for draft picks. I believe espn only allows trading a draft pick for another draft pick.
Also how was the transition between using a mainstream site to a site like fleaflicker. Most of the guys in this league have never played dynasty and we just want a free, easy site with good live scoring that allows trading players for draft picks.

Thanks
TEAM 1 (24 Team)
QB: Kirk Cousins, Brock Osweiler
RB: Mark Ingram, DeMarco Murray, Shaun Draughn, Kyle Juszczyk,
WR: Jeremy Maclin, Torrey Smith, Seth Roberts, Adam Thielen, Laquon Treadwell, Braxton Miller, Robby Anderson, Jalin Marshall
TE: Hunter Henry, C.J. Fiedorowicz
K: Chris Boswell, Matt Prater

TEAM 2 (16 Team)
QB: Wentz, Flacco
RB: Abdullah, J. White, McFadden, Jalin Richard, Jacquizz Rodgers, Darius Jackson
WR: Cooper, Treadwell, John Brown, Steve Smith, Adam Thielen, Eli Rogers, Ricardo Louis, Charone Peake,
TE: Witten, Maxx Williams, Jeff Heuerman

tannert21
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby tannert21 » Wed May 21, 2014 8:36 pm

Anyone got opinions on fantrax?

cosmosis
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby cosmosis » Thu May 22, 2014 3:40 pm

Mfl. Switched years ago. Love the freedom
Using Tapatalk

rangerdave
MVP
MVP

Postby rangerdave » Fri May 23, 2014 12:36 pm

DudeDean wrote:Does anyone know the quality of FleaFlicker's live scoring. I'm used to espn they have great live scoring, but I'm not sure if they allow trading players for draft picks. I believe espn only allows trading a draft pick for another draft pick.
Also how was the transition between using a mainstream site to a site like fleaflicker. Most of the guys in this league have never played dynasty and we just want a free, easy site with good live scoring that allows trading players for draft picks.

Thanks
If you are concerned about live scoring, check it out with their baseball, basketball, and hockey scoring.
Sick of your posts going unanswered and your threads hijacked? Join us at DynastyHaven.com for Dynasty Fantasy Football Without the Drama.

Telperion
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Telperion » Sat May 24, 2014 9:35 am

I'm trying to decide between Yahoo/ESPN and Fleaflicker for my dynasty startup. I think I basically will be forced into Yahoo or ESPN for the first year because I want to hold a live online auction, but I may need to migrate after that. The other owners I think will lean towards a familiar interface also so I can't rock the boat too much.

For those holding a dynasty league on Yahoo or ESPN, how do you handle offseason transactions? I plan to allow them, and will probably mandate that any trades need to be emailed to me. I'll have to keep them updated on a domain of mine or something like that.
- Don't waste your time on late round NFL draft picks: Success rates by NFL draft round and speed.
- Team(s): Team 1

italian_stallion21
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby italian_stallion21 » Sat May 24, 2014 9:51 am

I would really, really suggest using an actual site that is for dynasty leagues, because it can be a mess tracking everything yourself since ESPN/Yahoo are closed in the offseason. MFL is my favourite, and won't do one elsewhere, but if your looking for free I would use Fleaficker. On both MFL and Fleaflicker, you can import your roster so you really only have to use Yahoo or ESPN for the auction and then abandon it.

Telperion
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Telperion » Sat May 24, 2014 10:41 am

italian_stallion21 wrote:I would really, really suggest using an actual site that is for dynasty leagues, because it can be a mess tracking everything yourself since ESPN/Yahoo are closed in the offseason. MFL is my favourite, and won't do one elsewhere, but if your looking for free I would use Fleaficker. On both MFL and Fleaflicker, you can import your roster so you really only have to use Yahoo or ESPN for the auction and then abandon it.
I created the league already on Fleaflicker so I can play around with it, I do like it. I've heard that the quality of player notes and updates is not as detailed and informational as ESPN/Yahoo, same with the opponent matchup research, what are your thoughts on that? For me I'm fine with Fleaflicker, but getting 11 other owners, some of which have strong preferences for ESPN/Yahoo, may not be as easy. How should I sell the idea? I've already considered the idea of auctioning on Yahoo, then migrating all the data to Fleaflicker.

Offseason management isn't as big deal to me as it may be to some. I'm decently proficient with template-based websites (Google Sites, Wordpress) and my league will have 1 owner who does web development, so we could throw together an offseason portal in a week that could easily handle trades and messages.

Of course I prefer a full-round website, but if the owners don't buy into it, the idea sinks if nobody wants to do it.
- Don't waste your time on late round NFL draft picks: Success rates by NFL draft round and speed.

italian_stallion21
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby italian_stallion21 » Sat May 24, 2014 1:35 pm

Telperion wrote:
italian_stallion21 wrote:I would really, really suggest using an actual site that is for dynasty leagues, because it can be a mess tracking everything yourself since ESPN/Yahoo are closed in the offseason. MFL is my favourite, and won't do one elsewhere, but if your looking for free I would use Fleaficker. On both MFL and Fleaflicker, you can import your roster so you really only have to use Yahoo or ESPN for the auction and then abandon it.
I created the league already on Fleaflicker so I can play around with it, I do like it. I've heard that the quality of player notes and updates is not as detailed and informational as ESPN/Yahoo, same with the opponent matchup research, what are your thoughts on that? For me I'm fine with Fleaflicker, but getting 11 other owners, some of which have strong preferences for ESPN/Yahoo, may not be as easy. How should I sell the idea? I've already considered the idea of auctioning on Yahoo, then migrating all the data to Fleaflicker.

Offseason management isn't as big deal to me as it may be to some. I'm decently proficient with template-based websites (Google Sites, Wordpress) and my league will have 1 owner who does web development, so we could throw together an offseason portal in a week that could easily handle trades and messages.

Of course I prefer a full-round website, but if the owners don't buy into it, the idea sinks if nobody wants to do it.
Tough to say how to get the other owners on board. Me for example, I had only ever played on ESPN and wouldn't even play redraft on Yahoo (or anything else). When I decided dynasty leagues were where I wanted to play, everything seemed to be on MFL which I had hated from previous playoff leagues I had been in. I decided my desire for dynasty was greater than my hatred of MFL, so I joined some leagues and learned how to use MFL. Now that I have experience at MFL, I won't join (or create) a league that operates anywhere else. It takes maybe a week of playing around with it to figure out the basic ins and outs, and a month or two to get the layout that you find best working. Now that I have my favourite layout everything is gravy.

bonscott
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bonscott » Mon May 26, 2014 12:10 pm

Telperion wrote: I've heard that the quality of player notes and updates is not as detailed and informational as ESPN/Yahoo, same with the opponent matchup research, what are your thoughts on that?
Why does that even matter? You want to hold your owners hands and have ESPN just choose their lineups for them? I've never gotten why this is a "plus" for sites like CBS and ESPN. Do your own dang research! 8-)

joekool
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby joekool » Tue May 27, 2014 7:11 pm

italian_stallion21 wrote:...it can be a mess tracking everything yourself since ESPN/Yahoo are closed in the offseason...
Yahoo tracks all your keepers, picks, whatever for you...just so you know.

Telperion
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Telperion » Thu May 29, 2014 4:12 pm

joekool wrote:
italian_stallion21 wrote:...it can be a mess tracking everything yourself since ESPN/Yahoo are closed in the offseason...
Yahoo tracks all your keepers, picks, whatever for you...just so you know.
How do I handle rosters and such for the rookie/FA draft on Yahoo? Can I expand the rosters by say 5 before the draft to allow them to be filled? Then mandate a cut down before the season starts.

These are obviously more relevant for next season but I like to prepare.