Dynasty league sites

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
bonscott
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Dynasty league sites

Postby bonscott » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:20 am

downieboyz wrote:We are leaving MFL if we can find something more user friendly.

We have had nothing but issues with draft pick tracking, waiver wire, scheduling and almost anything else you can think of.

From a commish standpoint it takes up more time than I care to admit. I almost dread when I have to do admin.

What other sites are out there?

We are looking for all the scoring and roster features as well as a great message board. ESPN, Fleaflicker, yahoo and CBS all have significant flaws. Are there any diamonds in the rough out there?

Once upon a time we used Fanball and it was a sad day when that shut down.
Good luck on your search. I think Flea will be the one that offers the most for dynasty. ESPN, Yahoo and CBS just aren't made for dynasty. FYI with MFL, once you get it setup you'll rarely have to change anything. I don't think I've messed much at all with the commish options for 6-7 years other then when we added IDPs to the league. It just upgrades every year and runs itself.

Might be good to post on the MFL support forum but what issues are there with draft pick tracking? There isn't anything you need to do, it tracks everything including future pick trades for you and imports and sets those up automatically every year you upgrade. Nothing you really need to do with that.

Scheduling...as in the weekly schedule? What would you need to change each year? I set my schedule up 10 years ago and haven't touched it since.

Waiver wire issues I can understand if you're trying to mimic Yahoo or CBS, but if you go with what most leagues out there do it'll be pretty simple and there are several automatic setup waiver options you can choose from as well.

I'm not trying to keep you from leaving MFL, doesn't matter to me either way. But just want to help if it's something simple.

dynastyDR
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby dynastyDR » Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:58 pm

I am in a dynasty league at MFL, I like it. I am also in a CBS dynasty league like Cbs info is good some changes I don't like. So quick thoughts 1. MFL. 2. CBS. I would not use yahoo for dynasty

Walter W.
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Walter W. » Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:18 pm

dynastyDR wrote:I am in a dynasty league at MFL, I like it. I am also in a CBS dynasty league like Cbs info is good some changes I don't like. So quick thoughts 1. MFL. 2. CBS. I would not use yahoo for dynasty
I'm not sure why CBS is considered dynasty unfriendly. I use CBS and it's up year round, the only two issues I have are that you can't do a slow draft until June sometime, and you can't keep track of future draft picks. But I just keep the draft picks on a separate site I have for my various leagues and pools, and we do the draft by email. Though this year I will use MFL since I can set up a draft only league for free. I am going to keep harping on CBS and hopefully they will get their draft room available earlier.
Last edited by Walter W. on Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The One Who Knocks
12 team league, 27 man rosters (more during the offseason), 7 man Practice Squad. Standard league with big play scoring for IDPs.

QB: L. Jackson, K. Mond, K. Murray, A. Richardson, D. Thompson-Robinson
RB: L. Bellamy, Z. Charbonnet, N. Chubb, N. Harris, K. Hunt, K. Ingram, C. Edwards-Helaire, J. Mixon, D. Vaughn, J. Warren, K. Williams
WR: C. Austin, O. Beckham, A. Cooper, C. Davis, J. Downs, M. Goodwin, N. Harry, J. Jefferson, J. Jeudy, T. Johnson, M. Jones, A. Lazard, M. Mims, S. Moore, R. Rice, J. Smith-Schuster, J. Washington, A. Wesley, N. Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: N. Fant, H. Henry, K. Pitts, D. Washington
K: Z. Gonzalez, R. Gould, B. McManus
DL: J. Hughes, T. Wilson
LB: D. Harris, J. Houston, S. Leonard
DB: E. Forbes, A. Robertson

2024 picks: 1, 1, 3, 5, 5, 6, 7
2025 picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

coinflip
Role Player
Role Player

Postby coinflip » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:35 am

I use MFL for all my leagues I commish.
Twitter Handle: @coinflip22

scottwells
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby scottwells » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:31 am

cc texan wrote:
joekool wrote:I have played mfl before and I am in the minority in that, I pretty much HATE it.
It rates a 10+ on options/customization etc
It rates a 1 or 2 on the UI...which makes me not enjoy it.

I still prefer Yahoo.
Sue me.

;)

I think that for most leagues, MFL is way, way too convoluted. There are free platforms out there (like ESPN) that are perfect for standard-ish scoring set ups.

I'm curious about Reality Sports Online, though I heard reviews all over the place on it.
I'm in one using CBS, several Yahoo annuals each year, and an ESPN...Never tried Yahoo for Dynasty, but I like CBS and ESPN both okay for year round trading etc

Don't know MFL
12 Team Standard - QB RB RB WR WR FLEX TE K D

QB Flaco, Rivers, Bradford
RB FOSTER,LACY,INGRAM, YELDEN,S Jackson
WR JULIO,WATKINS,COOKS,M. Bryant, Perriman, Lattimer
TE Kelce, Ebron
K Vinitieri
DEF Packers

Toprank
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Toprank » Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:50 pm

I have experience on 4 sites. MFL, ESPN, CBS and NFL. And I'll rank them 1-4 for people considering.

1) MFL all the way is #1. It takes some initial work to learn the program (probably need to be of average intelligence) , but if you're a 365 day a year dynasty guy nothing compares. I actually won't add any new leagues unless it's MFL. Once you go MFL, you don't go back. The ease to trade off season, and trade future draft picks is unbeatable. And the league possibilities is unlimited and how you want your league. The chatroom/pm features are fantastic for trades, I love settting my cell phone up to get updates on anything you want to trade offers, message board posts or trade bait updates. I could go on and on. I'm still learning new stuff of what the MFL site can do.

2) ESPN.com is probably best for redraft leagues. It's free. I commish a local redraft league on ESPN and it serves the purpose for that. I also have one dynasty team on ESPN and it sucks for that. If it wasn't free, I wouldn't play in it. For trades in the offseason I have to check my e-mail to make sure the person hasn't included draft picks in the deal since it's not an option to include picks on ESPN...that's not a problem on MFL.

It takes limited intelligence to navigate and it's extremely user friendly. The fact that you're pretty much dark during the off season makes it difficult for dynasty league use. The amount of trades that I have in my MFL leagues compared to my others is mind numbing.

3) CBSSPORTS is pretty bad for both. I don't like the player stats search options. There is an awkward chat feature that pales to MFL's chat. The league is still stuck on the 2014 season and there have been 2 trades the entire off season. It's also expensive. I have a dynasty team in this league and if my team wasn't stacked I would probably walk away from it.

4) NFL.com I did a friends re-draft league and just didn't like it. Difficult to navigate and just was a boring set-up. I wouldn't recommend it over ESPN for redraft or MFL for dynasty.

Long story short MFL best for Dynasty, ESPN the best for Re-Draft. I've heard some good things about flea flicker, I may try it, just for the experience if I see a start-up.

JasonNorin
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby JasonNorin » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:33 pm

Still MFL. always works best for me..

Minnkota
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Minnkota » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:28 am

Hey everyone. I was thinking of using Fleaflicker for a new league, and was looking for some info. It seems as if the max roster size under the keeper mode is 15. I was wondering if I am missing something; or is that the true max on that site?
12 Team, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1FLEX (ppr) 30 man
QB-Rivers, Smith
RB-Gurley, Kerryon, DFreeman, CJ Anderson, Burkhead, Ware, Jonathan Williams, Carson, Kelly
WR-Evans, Cooks, Keenan, Diggs, Fuller, Miller, Meredith, J Gordon, JBrown, Hollins, Watson, Chadwill
TE-Gronk, Engram, Hurst, Seals-Jones

12 Team--1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1FLEX (ppr) 30 man
QB-Big Ben, Dalton
RB-Freeman, Ingram, Hyde, Gallman, Richard
WR-Evans, Arob, Golladay, CDavis, Marv. Jones, Gordon, Meredith, Gabriel, Richardson, Reynolds, Watson
TE-Kelce, Burton, Butt,

NixonMask
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby NixonMask » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:13 pm

For you guys that have lots of experience with MFL I was hoping for some feedback. Im looking to set up a dynasty league with a salary cap and player contracts. The UI, as stated many times, is VERY poor and hard to figure out for a new user. Does anyone know where I would look to set the contract options up? I am also hoping to do 2 drafts each year. The first is going to be an amateur snake draft followed by an auction draft a few weeks/months later where each teams budget is their available cap space. Can MFL handle that?

bonscott
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bonscott » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:36 am

NixonMask wrote:For you guys that have lots of experience with MFL I was hoping for some feedback. Im looking to set up a dynasty league with a salary cap and player contracts. The UI, as stated many times, is VERY poor and hard to figure out for a new user. Does anyone know where I would look to set the contract options up? I am also hoping to do 2 drafts each year. The first is going to be an amateur snake draft followed by an auction draft a few weeks/months later where each teams budget is their available cap space. Can MFL handle that?
Everything is in the commish setup. There is a whole section for setting up salary cap rules and manually editing salary and contracts. It'll be on the left side near the bottom of the commish options. Basically take about 10 minutes or so to just go thru the different setup sections to know what is where. Once you do it'll make a lot more sense. Some options only show up after you "activate" them. Basically with a new league I just start with the upper left option and go thru each one on down the line and see if I need to set something up. So the first link is your General League Setup where you give the basics....league name, number of teams and divisions, number of roster spots. One of those options is if you want to track salaries and/or contracts. Set that to "yes" and now all the salary cap/contract setup options will appear. Same with the draft.

And yes, you can easily hold both a vet auction and a rookie regular draft. The contract league I'm in has the vet auction from March thru August and a rookie only draft a week after the NFL draft in May. Basically put it on your league calender and it happens.

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby dlf_jules » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:59 am

NixonMask wrote:For you guys that have lots of experience with MFL I was hoping for some feedback. Im looking to set up a dynasty league with a salary cap and player contracts. The UI, as stated many times, is VERY poor and hard to figure out for a new user. Does anyone know where I would look to set the contract options up? I am also hoping to do 2 drafts each year. The first is going to be an amateur snake draft followed by an auction draft a few weeks/months later where each teams budget is their available cap space. Can MFL handle that?
If you're looking for MFL help, try the Commish Corner forum. The guys in there know their stuff.
Download the 2019 Cohort Report for free today!

bruiser
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby bruiser » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:04 pm

NixonMask wrote:For you guys that have lots of experience with MFL I was hoping for some feedback. Im looking to set up a dynasty league with a salary cap and player contracts... Can MFL handle that?
A league of this caliber requires a commissioner with a high aptitude to set it up correctly. Realistically, if you have not been living under a rock, you can find all of the answers to the few questions you will have in this forum. It only took me about 4 months to setup a league just like this :wall:

If you are content with experiencing an occasional hiccup during your inaugural season, you can setup your salary/contract league in an hour. If you want to operate on a streamline (as if you've been doing it for years) then get started and come back for help.
Just a guy who loves fantasy football - specifically defense.

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

MFL Question

Postby kmbryant09 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:12 am

Hey Guys -

Quick question and then we can delete this thread. Actually, my question is 2-part:

1. Within the current league's page, how do I navigate to previous year's leagues?

2. Is there any functionality to viewing rosters / lineups at a certain point in time? I'd love to go back and see a snapshot of what the rosters look like....say, August 1st 2013. Or what my starting lineup was week 1 of 2012. Any ideas?

Thanks!
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: MFL Question

Postby dlf_jules » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:23 am

1. Do you have a floating menu bar on the top of the screen? (Most leagues do.) If so, choose "My Leagues", and there should be links to "2014 League Home", "2013 League Home", etc.

2. Once you're in a past year's league, use the floating menu bar again. This time, choose "Reports" --> "Franchises" --> "Weekly Results". You can choose any week to see all teams' starting lineups and benches that week.
Download the 2019 Cohort Report for free today!

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:07 pm

MFL is needlessly arcane and their interfaces, especially setting lineups is atrocious. I have one league on MFL and a bunch on ESPN, and while I was planning on moving one over to MFL, I want to see how I feel during the 2015 season before making a decision.

And when it comes to my salary cap league, MFL is so complicated and has so many silly nuances, it would probably be easier to run it over a good spreadsheet.