Re: Dynasty league sites

Postby tidy beans » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:11 pm

MFL has an app for the ipad/iPhone for 2014 leagues called MFL Platinum

bonscott
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bonscott » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:40 am

tidy beans wrote:MFL has an app for the ipad/iPhone for 2014 leagues called MFL Platinum
FYI that MFL the company has no apps that they themselves make available. Any app for iPhone or Android are 3rd party made by people like you and me so don't expect support from MFL for these apps, you'll need to go to the creator of them.

tidy beans
Rookie
Rookie

Postby tidy beans » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:43 am

Seems to work fine

bonscott
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bonscott » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:38 am

tidy beans wrote:Seems to work fine
Yep, didn't say it was broken or anything. But a lot of people think these apps are from MFL themselves and they aren't. Thus if they don't work they blame MFL. 8-)

dynasty12
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby dynasty12 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:18 pm

Do these sites offer year around information updates as far as free agency, the draft, NFL and college football news? For example DGB just got kicked off of Mizou would either of these sites offer a notification of that to users? Just curious about how geared to dynasty these sites are outside of league customization.

bonscott
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bonscott » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:30 pm

dynasty12 wrote:Do these sites offer year around information updates as far as free agency, the draft, NFL and college football news? For example DGB just got kicked off of Mizou would either of these sites offer a notification of that to users? Just curious about how geared to dynasty these sites are outside of league customization.
Get daily emails of news for all my players in all my dynasty leagues on MFL. Why wouldn't there be? There is no "off-season", period. Whatever "news" you get in-season is there 365 days a year.

MucBuc
Captain
Captain

Postby MucBuc » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:32 pm

I joined my first 2 dynasty leagues on Fantrax two years ago, and quickly got accustomed to the concept and the user interface. Then I joined another league at MFL last year and still haven't figured it out completely. This year I joined a contract league which uses ESPN, and a message board and an excel file for offseason transactions, and I still find it more user-friendly than MFL. So from my experience, I like Fantrax the best. They still have a few kinks to work out though. But, at least for standard dynasty (non-contract) leagues, it's easy to use.
3x teams in 32-team standard PPR + IDP leagues

It doesn't matter what we want. Once we get it, we want something else.

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Sun May 04, 2014 11:42 am

Just created and bought my first MFL league. Posted a message on the league message board, and the whole interface, layout is just atrocious. The customization options are fantastic, but the user-friendliness and interfaces (whether the Player Stats page or the message board) are just awful.

RedBlueRadio
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby RedBlueRadio » Mon May 05, 2014 9:59 pm

I highly recommend Fanstar.com. All of the customizations we had them build for our FFWC events will also be available to their regular crowd. Our FFWC and DFWC leagues are highly customized but still powered by the Fanstar engine. Good luck!

Grauzy
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Grauzy » Tue May 06, 2014 7:20 pm

As much as I would love my league to have 365-day access to our dynasty teams, I just can't bring myself to move us over from Yahoo to MFL. I don't like the UI, and I know my league-mates wouldn't like it either. The interface doesn't come close to Yahoo's and I just really wouldn't want to spend the hours tweaking all the settings and customizations to match what we've already got.

If Y! would just let dynasty leagues stay open year-round this wouldn't even be a question for me.
7th Year (10-team, PPR) 2014 Champ, 2015 & 2016 runner-up
-----------
QB: Wilson, Roethlisberger
RB: L. Bell, Gurley, DMart, Lynch, Rawls, Quizz, Sims, Carson, JoeWill, DWill, JoeWill
WR: A. Brown, Dez, Jeffery, Cobb, Marshall, Amendola, Richardson, CPatt
TE: Gronk, Clay
D: SEA
K: Boswell
IR: Fiedorowicz, Gathers

4th Year (10-team, PPR) 2014 & 2015 Champ, 2016 runner-up
-----------
QB: Wilson, Prescott, Roethlisberger, Kizer
RB: L. Bell, Gurley, Cook, DMart, Lynch, Yeldon, McFadden, Booker, Henderson, Morris
WR: A. Brown, Julio, Dez, Jeffery, Richardson
TE: Gronk, Henry, Engram, Julius
D: SEA
K: Boswell
IR: Enunwa

bonscott
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bonscott » Fri May 09, 2014 1:49 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote:But how much activity can have a league have from Jan through April...
A lot actually. In my cap league there are final cut downs due by Feb 15th, new season starts Feb 15th, signing and bidding on various franchise/restricted free agents of other teams, full on vet auction starting mid March, rookie draft in early May. Tons of trades.

In my "regular dynasty" league there are tons of waiver moves every week and plenty of trades going on during that time.

Honestly for me most of the fun action in a dynasty league is in the off-season with a lull from late May until August which is filled up by my keeper leagues.

MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MARKinMI » Sat May 10, 2014 9:11 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote:But how much activity can have a league have from Jan through April...
If you have to ask that then you're playing in bad leagues. Just about every owner in my leagues logs in multiple times daily even in the winter and spring months and its extremely rare for there to go a week w/o a trade or three.

Walter W.
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Walter W. » Mon May 12, 2014 11:48 pm

Been at CBS for years. Tried switching a few times due to cost, but we always ended up back at CBS. It's just the best, most professional looking site we have tried. A lot of the MFL sites just look cheesy. Can't stand Yahoo. Other than it being free I don't know why anyone would use it. After all is said and done we just bite the bullet with the higher cost at CBS because it's the best. besides, I get a multi league discount, so it's under $100.
The One Who Knocks
12 team league, 27 man rosters (more during the offseason), 7 man Practice Squad. Standard league with big play scoring for IDPs.

QB: L. Jackson, K. Mond, K. Murray, A. Richardson, D. Thompson-Robinson
RB: L. Bellamy, Z. Charbonnet, N. Chubb, N. Harris, K. Hunt, K. Ingram, C. Edwards-Helaire, J. Mixon, D. Vaughn, J. Warren, K. Williams
WR: C. Austin, O. Beckham, A. Cooper, C. Davis, J. Downs, M. Goodwin, N. Harry, J. Jefferson, J. Jeudy, T. Johnson, M. Jones, A. Lazard, M. Mims, S. Moore, R. Rice, J. Smith-Schuster, J. Washington, A. Wesley, N. Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: N. Fant, H. Henry, K. Pitts, D. Washington
K: Z. Gonzalez, R. Gould, B. McManus
DL: J. Hughes, T. Wilson
LB: D. Harris, J. Houston, S. Leonard
DB: E. Forbes, A. Robertson

2024 picks: 1, 1, 3, 5, 5, 6, 7
2025 picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MARKinMI » Tue May 13, 2014 1:21 pm

Savage Lizard wrote:Been at CBS for years. Tried switching a few times due to cost, but we always ended up back at CBS. It's just the best, most professional looking site we have tried. A lot of the MFL sites just look cheesy. Can't stand Yahoo. Other than it being free I don't know why anyone would use it. After all is said and done we just bite the bullet with the higher cost at CBS because it's the best. besides, I get a multi league discount, so it's under $100.
My first dynasty league has used CBS for 13 years now and i hate it. They re-vamped their UI in the last year or two and made it even worse. The only thing remotely nice on CBS is their live scoring. Its by far the best i've seen. But as far as usability, aesthetics and price ($160) its the worst site I've seen.