Dynasty league sites

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
bonscott
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Dynasty league sites

Postby bonscott » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:17 am

Kamron07 wrote:I currently play on a site that really is the only true dynasty fantasy site I've ever found. 53 man rosters,(individual offensive lineman scoring, inside and outside linebacker designations) 10 man practice squads, restricted free agency, salary cap, contract cap, 7 round annual rookie drafts, performance salary multiplier,franchise tags, really anything you can think of that a real lif GM would have to do. Efsports.com. The problem is the site is probably going to go down if not this year then soon after, me and my league mates are really hard pressed to find anything even relatively close (no mfl isn't close at all) and since our league has been active since 1993 we really don't want to give up on it. So if anyone knows a site that is anything like this could you please point us in the right direction? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
MFL would do all that except the individual offensive linemen (there is a team OL, not aware of other services that even have that) and LBs are just that (again, not sure of other services that would separate LBs, it's hard enough between DE and LB these days). DE and DT are separate as are CB and S if you want them to be. Some of the contract stuff might require manual work but it can at least track it unlike most services. I'm in a very similar 16 team salary cap/contract league.

You say MFL isn't close, but nothing else would even come near it. MFL is probably your best bet. Only other site I could think of would be Fleflicker and maybe Fantrax, but neither have the feature set of MFL overall, but perhaps they would have some of the more unique things. Never heard of Efsports, probably a really small custom made site would be my guess. I was curious and looked into it, yea, looks like a pretty old custom made site, seems more like a "contest" type of league where I can't start my own league but need to join one that's already there (based on the documentation posted anyway). Nothing wrong with that but it's more limited by their system vs. setting things up how you like. But then if you like the system as is. :D

Honestly, MFL should get you most of the way there. I can't see how anything else would get you even that far. But check the couple other sites I posted and perhaps you'll get some other replies with ideas. Certainly nothing like ESPN, NFL.com, CBS or Yahoo would be an option for you.

Reno McCoy
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Reno McCoy » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:14 am

I've got to take my salary/contract league away from CBS. Simply too much manual effort for the commish, and I've recently discovered a HUGE problem with how the FAAB runs.

Sounds like MFL is the only site that has what I need. However, everyone in my league hates the MFL UI. I know some leagues have managed to make MFL look decent, but I don't know where to start. And I don't have web development skills. Anyone have a list of tips/tricks I can use to make MFL more user friendly for my league? Any skins or other methods to make it look better when we access the league page? Or any well done leagues that I can at least mimic easily?
16-team salary/contract league (start QB, RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2Flex, K, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 DEF FLEX)

QB: Foles, Bortles, Brissett, Mullens
RB: Bell, Ingram, Guice, Singletary
WR: Landry, Boyd, Shepard, Allison, Pettis, Kirk, Gallup, M. Brown
TE: Ertz, Everett
DL: Dunlap, Hunter, J. Allen, McKinley
LB: Ogletree, Wagner, Telvin Smith, Devin Bush, Eric Kendricks, Tavai
DB: Reshad Jones, H. Smith, Collins
K: Badgely, Elliott

bonscott
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bonscott » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:16 am

Reno McCoy wrote:I've got to take my salary/contract league away from CBS. Simply too much manual effort for the commish, and I've recently discovered a HUGE problem with how the FAAB runs.

Sounds like MFL is the only site that has what I need. However, everyone in my league hates the MFL UI. I know some leagues have managed to make MFL look decent, but I don't know where to start. And I don't have web development skills. Anyone have a list of tips/tricks I can use to make MFL more user friendly for my league? Any skins or other methods to make it look better when we access the league page? Or any well done leagues that I can at least mimic easily?
I guess the main things is, what do you mean by "UI"? The menu system, the forms or just the look. The look is what you can change easily, the others not so much. Frankly, none of my owners give one rats behind what the site looks like, just so long as it's functional and has the stats. I never understand leagues that complain about looks as their #1 priority. Maybe it's just my guys remember the pen and paper days so any functional automated web site is awesome to them.

There is a thread for this in the commish forum (MFL graphics and tips) but I'll post a couple things here.

Honestly, it's really, really easy to customize MFL to look a whole lot better out of the box.
1) Choose a skin. The top half or so of the skin list are what we would refer to as the "modern" skins. Choose one of these and that alone will improve the look 1000%. They are also pretty mobile friendly. The older skins look like arss and aren't mobile friendly. Why people choose these on purpose to make their site look like it's from 1999 on purpose is beyond me.
2) Customize the tabs. Rename, add or delete tabs. Then add some homepage modules (HPMs) to the tabs. Shouldn't take you but 15 minutes for this. Organize things that make sense and keep it simple. You don't need every single thing under the sun on these tabs. More below.
3) MFL forums are your friend. Seriously, many great commish's there to help. And swing by the coding forum for some pretty sweet scripts, many of which you can install with no knowledge or coding. But my advice, don't go crazy.
4) If you are into coding (mainly CSS, but also more advanced stuff) you can go hog wild if you want.

Tab organization.
I know I've posted this before somewhere but can't find it so I guess I'll type it all up again. :wtf: My tabs are as follows...

Main - The "homepage" if you will. Things like league chat, live scoring link, league article, polls, owner activity, important league dates.
Gameday - Everything you need for gameday from live scoring, mini league standings, game previews, recaps and monday night report. Schedules and matchup chart.
GM's Office - All about your team. Modules for My Roster, watchlist, my news, my bye week players, my schedule, my draft picks, results chart, my trophy case.
Pools & Points - The various side pools and total points
Scouting Dept - All things players. News, hot news, top 25 players per positions, player search
Trades & Waivers - Waiver wire order, link to previously processed waivers, my pending blind bids or waiver requests, pending trades
Playoffs - Playoff brackets and Habman's "What if the playoffs started today" module (one of only a couple custom scripts I use)
League History - Championship plaque, custom league history stuff

So there is quite a bit there but it's all very organized and clean, only 2 columns wide ever, and not everything under the sun and cluttered like I see so many sites. Works for us anyway.

Now a custom homepage module can be used for anything you like and is used most often for coders. But you can use it just for a place to put in custom messages. So for example I use one where I type up my leagues general schedule, like this for example:
Key Dates for 2015

June 1st, 9pm - Deadline to claim your team for 2015
August 1st - Trading begins
August XXth (Monday), 7 pm - Keeper Deadline
August XXth (Friday), 6 pm - Pre-Draft Party @ TBD
August XXth (Saturday), 11 am - DRAFT DAY! @ TBD
August XXth, 9pm - FCFS opens up and players can be placed on IR
September 4th (Thursday) - First NFL Game - Steelers/Patriots
September 9th (Monday), 7 pm - MNF Double Header night - Eagles/Falcons @7, Vikings/49rs @10:30
November 15th (Sunday), 8 pm - Trade Deadline @ TBD
Then you simply place that HPM where you want on your tabs.

Reno McCoy
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Reno McCoy » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:36 am

Thanks, bonscott. That's a huge help. I created a league and got everything but the rosters set up. I looks fine. It might take awhile to fine tune everything and to actually fill in the rosters, but I think I can make this work.
16-team salary/contract league (start QB, RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2Flex, K, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 DEF FLEX)

QB: Foles, Bortles, Brissett, Mullens
RB: Bell, Ingram, Guice, Singletary
WR: Landry, Boyd, Shepard, Allison, Pettis, Kirk, Gallup, M. Brown
TE: Ertz, Everett
DL: Dunlap, Hunter, J. Allen, McKinley
LB: Ogletree, Wagner, Telvin Smith, Devin Bush, Eric Kendricks, Tavai
DB: Reshad Jones, H. Smith, Collins
K: Badgely, Elliott

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:54 am

I am not sure why people complain about MFL's UI. It is quite possibly the most friendly and thorough one available. With all the flash and glitz on other sites they get piles and piles of useless trash to go with it. MFL is head and shoulders above every other dynasty option out there...
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

bonscott
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bonscott » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:04 am

Reno McCoy wrote:Thanks, bonscott. That's a huge help. I created a league and got everything but the rosters set up. I looks fine. It might take awhile to fine tune everything and to actually fill in the rosters, but I think I can make this work.
Glad I could help. For the rosters, if you're bringing this league in from another service (and thus have rosters and such already) then I'd use the Load/Unload Rosters setup as the easiest way to load up rosters. If you're coming from CBS, ESPN or Yahoo I believe you can have MFL Support transfer your stuff over for you, but unsure if they can do that to a league you've already created or would have to go into a blank league. But it may be an option for you. At this point it's probably easier to just manually do it yourself.

Diti51
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Diti51 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:40 pm

skip wrote:I am not sure why people complain about MFL's UI. It is quite possibly the most friendly and thorough one available. With all the flash and glitz on other sites they get piles and piles of useless trash to go with it. MFL is head and shoulders above every other dynasty option out there...
I think comes down to 3 simple things

1. Submit lineup
2. Add/drop/FAAB
3. Draft room

All there look like they haven't been updated since 1982. You cannot argue with the ability to customize the league page, off season ability to trade/remain active, etc. However, I think it is somewhat insulting to those MFL owners to not do a single upgrade of the interface with regards to these simple issues which with some coding (regardless of customized setup) could and should have been done a long time ago IMO.

I mean to get even a decent scoreboard, you are probably using Habman's scoreboard, not the commodore 64 looking scoreboard provided by the site.

As far as customization theres is no comparison to other sites, but reality is most fantasy players start in redraft then expand to dynasty. So, they probably used ESPN, yahoo, or CBS. All with much easier interface for users. Just my two cents.
Team 1- Friday Night Lights
12 tm dynasty PPR, TE premiumQB/2RB/2WR/TE/3FLEX/K/D
http://www63.myfantasyleague.com/2017/home/14805#0
QB: Mahomes/Mayfield/Levis
RB: Jonathan Taylor/Singletary/Allgier/Ty Chandler/Bigsby/AGibson
WR: Garret Wilson/Nico Collins/Diontae Johnson/Mi Williams/Marquise Brown/Zay Flowers
TE: Goeddert/Njoku/Ferguson/Harrison Bryant

Team 2 - Good Life
12 tm dynasty PPR, TE premiumQB/2RB/2WR/TE/2FLEX/K/D
http://www64.myfantasyleague.com/2017/home/58823#0
QB: Josh Allen/Dobbs
RB: Jon Taylor/Roschon Johnson/JK Dobbins/Ty Chandler
WR: Diggs/Lockett/Diontae Johnson/Pittman/Elijah Moore/Jayden Reed/Wandale Robinson
TE: Ferguson/Okwonkwo/Juwan Johnson/Tucker Kraft/Ruckert

Team 3 - WFL
12 tm dynasty superflex, PPR, 26 man roster salary cap - no K/DST
QB: Fields/TLawrence/Zach Wilson/Mills
RB: Gibson/Chandler
WR: ACooper/Lockett/Godwin/Rashee Rice/Josh Downs/Mingo/Elijah Moore/WRobinson
TE: Goeddert/Trautman/Brevin Jordan

tjzoom
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby tjzoom » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:01 pm

We've used NFL for the past few seasons. It can be a pain, but it's doable. From what I understand, MFL is definitely the best option, but if you are willing to be patient and put in some work, NFL is a free and doable option.
THE HAMMER PATROL

QB: Aaron Rodgers, Tony Romo
RB: Matt Forte, Eddie Lacy, Mark Ingram, Shane Vereen, Chris Ivory, Montee Ball, Jay Ajayi, Tevin Coleman
WR: Julio Jones, Randall Cobb, Torrey Smith, Keenan Allen, Mike Evans, Jordan Matthews, Justin Hunter, Terrance Williams, Kendall Wright
TE: Jason Witten, Eric Ebron, Zach Ertz
D/ST: Arizona Cardinals, Carolina Panthers
K: Mike Nugent

Grizzly
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Grizzly » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:22 am

Is anyone having trouble with the MFL site in the last 24 hours? It has been giving me proxy errors and saying the server is busy... Thanks
2015 League Champion

Double Cup Dynasty
12 Team Dynasty (Year 5)
1qb / 2rb / 2wr / 1te / 2flex (rb/wr/te)
16 players kept YOY
.5 PPR / .2 PP carry

GRIZZLY
QB - Carson Wentz, Phillip Rivers
RB - Todd Gurley, Leonard Fournette, Isaiah Crowell, Dion Lewis, Marshawn Lynch, Chris Carson, Ameer Abdullah, Theo Riddick
WR - Dez Bryant, Mike Evans, DeAndre Hopkins, Jarvis Landry, Paul Richardson
TE - Greg Olsen

2018 - 1st rd, 2nd, 5th
2019 - 1st rd, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

bonscott
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bonscott » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:02 pm

eddie biggz wrote:Is anyone having trouble with the MFL site in the last 24 hours? It has been giving me proxy errors and saying the server is busy... Thanks
No issues here on 4 different sites. So far anyway.

MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MARKinMI » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:45 pm

eddie biggz wrote:Is anyone having trouble with the MFL site in the last 24 hours? It has been giving me proxy errors and saying the server is busy... Thanks
yes. I told them about it and i haven't had any issues since. if they are having issues with the server that running your league just tell them and it should get fixed fairly quickly

mrmagloo
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby mrmagloo » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:34 am

We had huge issues doing draft on the evening of 8/28 on MFL. We had to quit the draft in a 10 team keeper league during 6th round. Apparently the site doesn't have enough pipeline to serve the community. Our commish is filing a complaint. It ruined a perfectly planned night for 10 people, I am sure that many more had the same issue. Other than that, I like MFL.
Rollin with Mahomes
10 team, standard dynasty league, roster 22, start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 DST, 1 K First Year 2018 runner up
QB- Mahomes, Winston
RB- Drake, Carson, Thompson, Chubb, R Jones, Darrel Williams, Penny, Samuels
WR- Julio, Mike Williams, JUJU, Golladay, DJ Moore, McLaurin, D Johnson
TE- OJ, Hooper
IR- Butler, Guice
TS- D Henderson, J Hill
2020- 2 firsts, 2 seconds, 3rd, 4th, 5th.

norsberry
Rookie
Rookie

Postby norsberry » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:10 am

There might be a new platform this offseason. Looks very promising.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DynastyFF/comm ... _platform/

Dr.DBuck
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Dr.DBuck » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:04 am

My league currently uses CBS, but the complaints about paying an additional fee just for site use is starting to increase. We have been looking all over as well lately and the biggest factor is: does the site have an app.

For MFL, can anyone tell me their thoughts on the app and if they would recommend it? The site seems pretty detailed, which can be great or a bit too much, in my opinion. I would love to hear some reviews about the app though, as that seems to be the main priority for my league making the switch.
Yes, We Keep ALL the Players. (2015 creation)
12 Team League, .5ppr

QB-2RB-3WR-TE-FLEX (Starting Roster), 10 bench spots and 3 IR spots (18 Active Spots).

*Draft Picks: We have a 1st, 2nd and 3rd round every year of rookies and current FAs. We are allowed to trade draft picks up to three years out.

League History
2015-PF Champ, Lost in Finals.
2016-League Champion.

2017-Current
3-5, 8th place in standings.

QB: Cousins, Luck
RB: Freeman, CJ Anderson, Tevin Coleman, Gio, Powell, Matt Breida, Joe Williams, Rod Smith
WR: Evans, Landry, Emmanuel Sanders, Marvin Jones, Cooper Kupp, Snead, Tyrell Williams
TE: Olsen, Njoku, Kittle

Picks:
2018: 2x-3rds
2019: 3x-3rds
2020: 1x-1st, 2x-2nds, 2x-3rds

Dr.DBuck
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Dr.DBuck » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:07 am

norsberry wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:10 am There might be a new platform this offseason. Looks very promising.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DynastyFF/comm ... _platform/

Thanks for this btw-signed up to receive the notification before they launch.
Yes, We Keep ALL the Players. (2015 creation)
12 Team League, .5ppr

QB-2RB-3WR-TE-FLEX (Starting Roster), 10 bench spots and 3 IR spots (18 Active Spots).

*Draft Picks: We have a 1st, 2nd and 3rd round every year of rookies and current FAs. We are allowed to trade draft picks up to three years out.

League History
2015-PF Champ, Lost in Finals.
2016-League Champion.

2017-Current
3-5, 8th place in standings.

QB: Cousins, Luck
RB: Freeman, CJ Anderson, Tevin Coleman, Gio, Powell, Matt Breida, Joe Williams, Rod Smith
WR: Evans, Landry, Emmanuel Sanders, Marvin Jones, Cooper Kupp, Snead, Tyrell Williams
TE: Olsen, Njoku, Kittle

Picks:
2018: 2x-3rds
2019: 3x-3rds
2020: 1x-1st, 2x-2nds, 2x-3rds