Dynasty league sites

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Typhus
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Dynasty League Platform

Postby Typhus » Sat May 12, 2018 11:10 pm

Jason3123 wrote: Sun May 08, 2016 9:31 am Never used Yahoo for dynasty. I'm in 2 ESPN leagues. Frankly, I hate it. Mostly because of the emails and how you can't trade picks through the trade screen. Have to add them in the comments. So stupid.

MFL is the best, by far. Not even a competition. It's so customizable and adheres to every type of format/feature/setting you can dream of.
Ive been running an original league through MFL since they started, have a few original owners.. wow its been a bit of time.
Knew the original owners, Kevin and I think it was Chris, anyway...
I think the reason why you hear some people say that they dont like MFL is probably because their commisioner doesnt have the skills necessary to build the site correctly.
MFL is so deep, that it allows total customizable options, importing CSS programming.
Those that say MFL is archaic really have no idea of how wrong they are. Its the complete opposite.
I hardly knew how to log in on a computer 20 years ago, but because of MFL, I now can design my custom graphics for my leagues.
MFL has been a learning tool for me, and my owners all love the site and a big reason why turnover in my leagues is rare if any.

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Re: Dynasty league sites

Postby TheTroll » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:59 am

Ok so we just changed from MFL to fantrax. Looks awesome and the commish likes it from that side. Anyone have experience using it?
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed, Bateman
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.07, 2.06, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 1, 2, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: Achane, K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Willis, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Demercado, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 0.0 (Blutarski)
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

Walter W.
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Walter W. » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:52 am

TheTroll wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:59 am Ok so we just changed from MFL to fantrax. Looks awesome and the commish likes it from that side. Anyone have experience using it?
I tried it once but decided to stick with CBS. I will say that they were very responsive to questions and I appreciated the quick customer support.
The One Who Knocks
12 team league, 27 man rosters (more during the offseason), 7 man Practice Squad. Standard league with big play scoring for IDPs.

QB: L. Jackson, K. Mond, K. Murray, A. Richardson, D. Thompson-Robinson
RB: L. Bellamy, Z. Charbonnet, N. Chubb, N. Harris, K. Hunt, K. Ingram, C. Edwards-Helaire, J. Mixon, D. Vaughn, J. Warren, K. Williams
WR: C. Austin, O. Beckham, A. Cooper, C. Davis, J. Downs, M. Goodwin, N. Harry, J. Jefferson, J. Jeudy, T. Johnson, M. Jones, A. Lazard, M. Mims, S. Moore, R. Rice, J. Smith-Schuster, J. Washington, A. Wesley, N. Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: N. Fant, H. Henry, K. Pitts, D. Washington
K: Z. Gonzalez, R. Gould, B. McManus
DL: J. Hughes, T. Wilson
LB: D. Harris, J. Houston, S. Leonard
DB: E. Forbes, A. Robertson

2024 picks: 1, 1, 3, 5, 5, 6, 7
2025 picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

voiceofunreason
MVP
MVP

Postby voiceofunreason » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:40 pm

I'm too lazy to read through but what happened to Trophy Life? Was ready to launch and then 2 years later and I haven't heard a thing.

tarantula13
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby tarantula13 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:52 pm

Reno McCoy wrote: Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:56 am How is MFL's apps?

We use CBS, which is expensive, but we've had no problems with it since our league's inception. And the phone app, which is what most of my owners use during the season, is fantastic.
I use an app called 'MFL Platinum' on Android and it works well enough, but it can be kind of clunky or nonintuitive at times. I definitely prefer the ESPN/Yahoo app.

sk25411
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby sk25411 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:37 am

"Sleeper" added dynasty it looks like. I'm probably late mentioning this, but it looks promising.
12 Team Dynasty, Year #5 (.5PPR)
Lights, Kamara, Action
QB(1), RB(2), WR(3), TE(1), FLEX(2), K, D/ST

QB: Wilson, Brissett, Luck
RB: Kamara, Cook, L.Murray, Justice Hill, Yeldon
WR: Julio, Godwin, ARob, Cooks, Cooper, J.Gordon, Zay, A.Wilson, T.Quinn, Campbell, JJAW, Hardman
TE: Henry, Brate, Moreau, Knox, Oliver
K: Zuerlin
D/ST: Pats, LA Rams, NYG

2020: 1, 2, 3
2021: 1, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:29 pm

tarantula13 wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:52 pm
Reno McCoy wrote: Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:56 am How is MFL's apps?

We use CBS, which is expensive, but we've had no problems with it since our league's inception. And the phone app, which is what most of my owners use during the season, is fantastic.
I use an app called 'MFL Platinum' on Android and it works well enough, but it can be kind of clunky or nonintuitive at times. I definitely prefer the ESPN/Yahoo app.
Yup me too. I hate the MFL site. I use MFL Platinum for 90% of my league business. It gets the job done & keeps me active in my leagues.

But I have 2 redrafter leagues on Yahoo. Their app is 100x better than MFL platinum, which is 100x better than MFL's crappy site. On gameday, I'm honestly more tuned in to my live scores on yahoo. I like the real-time projections.

aaaaaaaack
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby aaaaaaaack » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:59 am

Started up my first Dynasty this year in Sleeper. For our group's needs it functions very well. It might not have all the data and sort-able tables ect, but it does four things better than other platforms:

1) Chat. Just wow. The focal point of the app is the chat, I thought it was a bit silly before the season began, but it has increased league activity by 1000% and it's been awesome

2) An Ad-Free, clean and modern interface. So many thoughtful design choices (they just added a slider under players' names that show who has the ball, how far they are on the field, the down, and yards to go)

3) It's designed for mobile first. So many other apps feel confusing in where menus or functionality is buried. Everyone uses their phones primarily for fantasy in our league (I imagine that is also true for many others). The mobile app actually gets updated a little quicker than the desktop version

4) Constant updates and phenomenal support. I guess this is only Sleeper's second year as a platform, and they are constantly adding new features or improvements (feels like every other week). In terms of support, just amazing. I had an issue where a player that was supposed to clear waivers after 48 hours took 72, I emailed support about it, they responded within an hour, acknowledged that this was expected behavior given the existing system but then proposed a solution to the problem and pushed out a fix for it the following week. I was blown away with their honesty and quickness to address an issue.
12 Team - .5 PPR, .5PPFD, SF
QBx1 RBx2 WRx3 SFx1 FLEXx1

QB: Mahomes, Herbert, Mayfield, Foles, Trubisky, Eason
RB: CMC, Jacobs, CEH, David Johnson, Mike Davis, Bell, Royce Freeman
WR: Adams, Godwin, Robinson, Allen, McLaurin, Cooks, Marquise Brown, Crowder
TE: Kittle, Logan Thomas, Hurst, Kmet

2.03, 3.07, 4.10, 5.10

2018 CHAMP, 2019 5th, 2020 3rd

TheEastWest
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby TheEastWest » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:18 pm

Been using RT Sports for 15 years for Dynasty .. It’s like $60 per year, something like that maybe it’s $80 can’t recall but it’s cheap when split up and the site keeps track of all future picks and players and runs all year..
Standard 10 man
QB Rogers - Big Ben- Jackson-
RB Gurley- Bell- Mixon - Conner- M Brown - Burkhead, Warren, Ballage
WR OBJ , Julio- AJG- Kupp- Sanders- John Brown- Allison- MVS- Hogan - T Williams- Humphries
TE- Ertz - Reed-

kuphal_99
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby kuphal_99 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:56 am

What other sites to you guys like to use for gathering your information. I have used Fantasy Pros and Fantasy Football Metrics. I looking for another site or two just to get some other peoples perspectives.
12 Team, 21 man roster, Non PPR
QB-Dak, Wentz
RB-Zeke, Chubb, J Taylor, D Henderson, C Patterson, Pollard, J Wilson, Ty’son Williams
WR-Adams, Hill, Diggs, Boyd, A Brown, A Robinson, AJ Green
TE-Kittle, Goedert,
K-Butker

CrimeLord
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby CrimeLord » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:07 am

Does anyone know when MFL 2019 leagues open?

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:48 pm

CrimeLord wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:07 am Does anyone know when MFL 2019 leagues open?
Usually shortly after the Superbowl
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

CrimeLord
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby CrimeLord » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:33 pm

Sweet, thanks skip!

BrentMayFF
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby BrentMayFF » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:07 pm

MFL for most of them. Used Yahoo this year for the first time, not a big fan, but the app is good and I do like the live scoring much better. We are moving to Sleeper, at least that is the plan, looks like they have come a long way in a short amount of time. But they have a long ways to go to replace MFL in the majority of my leagues.

JoshuaGordon_9
Starter
Starter

Postby JoshuaGordon_9 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:05 am

sk25411 wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:37 am "Sleeper" added dynasty it looks like. I'm probably late mentioning this, but it looks promising.
Really curious with this one. Commish hates MFL and is trying to get us to go anywhere else. Any info on Sleeper? Pros? Cons?
Team 1: 12T PPR SF no premiums, 4pt TDs
QB(1-2) Herbert, Tua
WR(3-5) AJB, Adams, Sutton, Boyd, Bourne, Wicks
RB(2-4) JT, Kyren, Swift, Singletary, Moss, Ford Dobbins, Tucker
TE(1-3) Hock, Jonnu, Kmet, Kraft
3.06, 3.09

Team 2: 12T PPR, TE premium, SF
QB(1-2) Cousins, Love, Tanny, Trask, McCoy, Zappe
WR(2-6) Lamb, Olave, Hollywood, Godwin, JaMo, Sutton, Diontae, Lazard, McKensie
RB(2-6) ETN, A. Jones, Dillon, Hunt, Moss, K. Miller, S. Tucker
TE(1-5) Hock, Brock Wright, Everett

Team 3: 12T PPR SF TE Prem
QB(1-2) Fields, Young, Darnold, Trask, Dalton
WR(1-6) AJB, Pittman, Hollywood, Sutton, M. Williams, Davis, Meyers, Van Jefferson, Sheperd, McKensie
RB(1-6) Jacobs, Sanders, Akers, Hunt, T. Spears, C. Brown
TE(1-6) Schultz, Hurts, Conklin