Reggie Bush

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
mullmania
MVP
MVP

Re: Reggie Bush

Postby mullmania » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:25 am

MEuRaH wrote:
dynastyninja wrote:No way a RB1 with the 7th or 10th (PPR and non-) highest average among RBs is only worth a 2nd round pick. No way.
He's 29 in a couple weeks. That's the first issue.

The second is his injury history: Made of glass, much?
I don't only care what he's done statistically, I care about longevity. If he was younger... 26 going on 27... I'd consider my first rounder. The fact that he probably only has 1-2 really good years left concerns me. If he was the missing piece to the puzzle, I might give up a first, but I would feel really bad about it.

And I'm not looking at this "he's had less work" thing. When you hit 30, your knees start hurting. I don't care if you're a desk jockey, or an NFL running back, that's a fact. Your body just starts hurting for no reason. I would imagine it's even worse as a running back.
Don't disagree with any of that, and like Bell a lot, but Fjax just produced pretty well on old knees.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:37 am

MEuRaH wrote:
dynastyninja wrote:No way a RB1 with the 7th or 10th (PPR and non-) highest average among RBs is only worth a 2nd round pick. No way.

I don't only care what he's done statistically, I care about longevity. If he was younger... 26 going on 27... I'd consider my first rounder. The fact that he probably only has 1-2 really good years left concerns me. If he was the missing piece to the puzzle, I might give up a first, but I would feel really bad about it.

And I'm not looking at this "he's had less work" thing. When you hit 30, your knees start hurting. I don't care if you're a desk jockey, or an NFL running back, that's a fact. Your body just starts hurting for no reason. I would imagine it's even worse as a running back.
I think that two years of RB1 production is worth more than a 2nd, at a minimum. I saw Steven Jackson being traded for a first rounder last year, and that's when people assumed he'd only last for a year or two. Reggie is worth at least that. He takes care of himself really well. In Miami he was always the "first in, last out" type guy.

I would be very surprised if he didn't last two years. I'm expecting at least three.

Big Al
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Big Al » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:13 pm

Thanks for all the point of views. The final offer on the table is I give 2.03 and 2.10, I get Reggie Bush. I am a borderline contender in that league and Bush wouldn't put me over the top so I may reject it. The two 2nds aren't a sure thing but in this draft it may be worth keeping them.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:35 pm

Please accept that for me.

Big Al
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Big Al » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:47 pm

dynastyninja wrote:Please accept that for me.
I still might :think: . After a few counters I never though it was a bad offer. It just seems like Bush doesn't carry any value anymore. ( Alot like Lynch)

Butt Liqueur
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Butt Liqueur » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:00 pm

Big Al wrote:
dynastyninja wrote:Please accept that for me.
I still might :think: . After a few counters I never though it was a bad offer. It just seems like Bush doesn't carry any value anymore. ( Alot like Lynch)
"Doesn't command any value anymore" is a lot different than "doesn't carry any value anymore." Both Bush and Lynch still carry quite a bit of value, you just can't get much in return for them. If your game is buying low and selling high, these aren't the right guys to target, if your game is winning, these are perfect targets. Bush should produce for 2-3 more years, whereas your 2nd round picks might not produce until 2-3 years. That's the way I see it anyways

16 Team, PPR
(1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 FLEX)
QB: J. Cutler, M. Mariota, M. Cassel, C. Henne, A. McCarron, D. Fales
RB: J. Bell, F. Gore, R. Bush, D. Williams, R. Helu, L. Dunbar, J. Allen, K. Williams, C. Artis-Payne
WR: J. Jones (ATL), J. Nelson, A. Hawkins, C. Johnson (MIN), A. Robinson, R. Randle, K. Thompkins, B. Ellington, H. Douglas, D. Harris, M. Campanaro, J. Hardy, J. Saunders, D. Moore, I. Blakeney, T. Lippett
TE: C. Clay, A. Quarless, A. Sefarian-Jenkins, J. Cumberland, W. Saxton

Draft Picks: 2016 2 3rds, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th

Spinkso
Captain
Captain

Postby Spinkso » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:23 pm

MEuRaH wrote:

Being listed on the injury report is meaningless. Tom Brady has been on the injury report for 90+% of his career.
2011 was the first time he was ever used in a workhorseish type role, or 260+ touches a season...
During that time he's missed on average, a game a season. Given the position, I'll take a RB that averages 15 games a year if he's got the RB1 ability, which he does. I think what happened in 2008 has no relevance to 2013 or 2014.
Detroit was a disaster last year, I imagine the new staff will use him properly and the production will be where it should be.
As far as being 30 and falling apart, there are holes in that. In this instance, you're talking about how desk jockey's start to fall apart... Desk Jockeys are not in the top 1% in the world in regards to physical health. The whole being worse for a runningback argument gets the lower workload response.
In dynasty leagues most owners think in three year windows. With that being said, would you give up a 1.7 this year for two years worth of low end RB1 and then a RB3-4 in the third year? I would make that move in a heartbeat. The 1.7 over the past few years in my leagues have been
DeAndre Hopkins, Michael Floyd, Greg Little, Golden Tate, Shonn Greene, Felix Jones, and Brandon Jackson.
If I knew I could get RB1 production for 15 games a year for the next two years, I'd trade any of those guys for him. No one on that list has come close to rivaling RB1 production. I think the vast majority of the dynasty owners believe that they'll be the ones to hit on that late first and gets a stud. Even if history proves that you're more likely to miss than hit.

mullmania
MVP
MVP

Postby mullmania » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:05 pm

If I was in contention and needed an RB I'd take that Bush for 2 2nds offer in a heart beat.

I'm an owner and I wouldn't sell him, and probably won't at all, for less than a low first.

jhhump
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby jhhump » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:47 am

Be careful with Reggie. The new OC is from the Saints organization and has stated that he is going to use their playbook. We all know what he did when he was there. Has all the talent in the world but needs the work load in order to do anything. I wouldn't give anything more than a 2nd rounder for him.

Spinkso
Captain
Captain

Postby Spinkso » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:39 pm

jhhump wrote:Be careful with Reggie. The new OC is from the Saints organization and has stated that he is going to use their playbook. We all know what he did when he was there. Has all the talent in the world but needs the work load in order to do anything. I wouldn't give anything more than a 2nd rounder for him.
Lombardi said he'd use a similar playbook to what the Saints have used. Reggie Bush and Lombardi were on the same team for two years, with Lombardi having nothing to do with runningbacks, or any say in rb usage.
Detroit is still going to run a high octane offense, and Reggie has done nothing to show Detroit he doesn't deserve to get that big work load.

auggiedoggies
Legend
Legend

Postby auggiedoggies » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:42 pm

My god, if you can get Reggie for a 2.3 and a 2.10, that's an easy, easy yes. 2 years of at minimum, high end RB2 play (assuming PPR)? Yes please.

FYI, as a contender I just gave the 1.13 for Reggie, and couldn't be happier about it
In Zimmer We Trust
2014 DLF Charter League Champion
Inaugural DLF HOF League Champion

mullmania
MVP
MVP

Postby mullmania » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:43 pm

jhhump wrote:Be careful with Reggie. The new OC is from the Saints organization and has stated that he is going to use their playbook. We all know what he did when he was there. Has all the talent in the world but needs the work load in order to do anything. I wouldn't give anything more than a 2nd rounder for him.
I think it's going to be a 1.a 1.b situation with bush and bell but considering the stats Sproles has produced in a part time role I think there's reason to feel confident in Bush still.