Marlon Brown worth owning?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
henry1jg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Marlon Brown worth owning?

Postby henry1jg » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:58 pm

Well, if Larry Fitz sits, (lol) Marlon will be my WR3 this week.
Barrow Snowmen- 14 team - 0.5 PPR, IDP - Yr 19
Jacksonville Jaguars - 32 team - Real GM - Yr 13
Barrow Snowmen #2 - 14 team - SF, PPR - Yr 2
Jimmy Graham Cracker wrote:Don't let your recency bias affect your judgment.

Yahtzee
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Yahtzee » Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:48 pm

.[/quote wrote:
Why do you say that? Toon is actually on the ww. I think Stills clearly beat out Toon in preseason.
My read of it is the same that the Saints like Stills in the slot and Toon as the Colston heir apparent on the outside.
Fifth year 12 team Dynasty/Empire, 1/2 point ppr, 4 point TD pass. QB, SuperFlex (QB/RB/WR/TE), RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, Flex (RB, WR, TE), TE, K

Reigning Champions!!

QB: Russell Wilson, Sam Bradford, Cody Kessler, Matt Barkley
RB: David Johnson, Mark Ingram, Spencer Ware, Ty Montgomery, Tim Hightower, Jamaal Charles
WR: Julio Jones, Davante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Eric Decker, Mike Wallace, Ted Ginn
TE: Julius Thomas, Clive Walford, Erik Swoope, Trey Burton
K: Matt Bryant

2017 Picks: 4.11
2018 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:47 am

Quiet first half. One catch for 12 yards. Tough to have to rely on Flacco and the Ravens terrible playcalling.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

Rustyram78
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Rustyram78 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:56 pm

Hey, don't look now but Brown has a TD streak going!

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:30 pm

I like it. It appears I was wrong about Brown earlier in this thread, but of course that was before the injury to Jones. Unfortunately we know that his TD streak is unsustainable, but it's been a nice couple weeks for him. I accidentally severely overbid on him in one league, but I plugged him in my lineup and got ~14 out of him. I like the kid, but once the TD isn't there his scoring will be cut in half.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:41 pm

BuckeyeNation wrote:I like it. It appears I was wrong about Brown earlier in this thread, but of course that was before the injury to Jones. Unfortunately we know that his TD streak is unsustainable, but it's been a nice couple weeks for him. I accidentally severely overbid on him in one league, but I plugged him in my lineup and got ~14 out of him. I like the kid, but once the TD isn't there his scoring will be cut in half.
With Pitta out, he seems to be a pretty good red zone target for Flacco as he is huge.

Water Buffalo
Legend
Legend

Postby Water Buffalo » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:11 pm

BuckeyeNation wrote:I like it. It appears I was wrong about Brown earlier in this thread, but of course that was before the injury to Jones. Unfortunately we know that his TD streak is unsustainable, but it's been a nice couple weeks for him. I accidentally severely overbid on him in one league, but I plugged him in my lineup and got ~14 out of him. I like the kid, but once the TD isn't there his scoring will be cut in half.
Lets just keep in mind that he's a 22 year old undrafted free agent coming off of his first career start. The fact that he's been even remotely relevant, much less startable already, is a borderline miracle.

I'm not even the least bit concerned about whether I actually get any production out of him this year in the league I have him, I'm just hoping he shows well enough that Baltimore considers him a viable starter going forward from year 2 and on.

holy_stromboli
MVP
MVP

Postby holy_stromboli » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:51 am

Water Buffalo wrote:
Lets just keep in mind that he's a 22 year old undrafted free agent coming off of his first career start. The fact that he's been even remotely relevant, much less startable already, is a borderline miracle.

I'm not even the least bit concerned about whether I actually get any production out of him this year in the league I have him, I'm just hoping he shows well enough that Baltimore considers him a viable starter going forward from year 2 and on.
x2 on this. My end-of-the-bench stash is acting like a WR3 right now as an undrafted rookie. I cannot see how anyone is dogging him right now. Throw in the Rice injury and the Ravens lack of a run game, and Flacco could be looking to him even more moving forward.

holy_stromboli
MVP
MVP

Postby holy_stromboli » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:20 pm

From ProFootballFocus:
Meanwhile at receiver, Marlon Brown impressed for the second week in a row, grabbing his second touchdown in as many weeks which sealed the victory. Though his dropped pass hurts his grade, he was able to come up with some key plays once the Ravens realized the deep ball wasn’t on in this game. In the second half he recorded a pair of first downs and the touchdown which made the final result a little more comfortable for the Ravens.
If he can become a solid possession guy and redzone threat for Flacco, I think there is some real value here. I anxiously await to see how his next few weeks go.

RGKID144
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby RGKID144 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:28 am

There is no question about his value at the moment. I would much rather roster him than guys like DHB, Ryan Broyles, Justin Hunter, Stephen Hill, etc. He could be emerging as the only other real threat in Baltimore's passing attack. Not too mention, his seemingly impressive red zone prowess. Injury history is a major concern for me, but until he gets hurt Im buying where I can.
Entering year ten of Dynasty 10 team 2QB/2RB/4WR/1TE/1FLEX(rb/wr/te).

QB: Bryce Young, Jared Goff, Mac Jones, Zach Wilson, Stetson Bennett.
WR: Garret Wilson, Devonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Michael Pittman, Odell Beckham, Treylon Burks, Zay Flowers, Curtis Samuel, Dyami Brown, Kenny Golladay.
RB: Bijan Robinson, Cam Akers, Antonio Gibson, Donta Foreman, Michael Carter, James Robinson, Dontrell Hilliard.
TE: Evan Engram, David Njoku, Trey McBride, Matt LaPorta Jelani Woods, Bob Tonyan.

henry1jg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby henry1jg » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:34 am

RGKID144 wrote:There is no question about his value at the moment. I would much rather roster him than guys like DHB, Ryan Broyles, Justin Hunter, Stephen Hill, etc. He could be emerging as the only other real threat in Baltimore's passing attack. Not too mention, his seemingly impressive red zone prowess. Injury history is a major concern for me, but until he gets hurt Im buying where I can.
If you mean only real threat aside from Torrey in Baltimore, then I agree on that. I think at this point I still prefer Hunter long term. We shall see though, Marlon has been very impressive for being an UDFA a year removed from a knee injury.
Barrow Snowmen- 14 team - 0.5 PPR, IDP - Yr 19
Jacksonville Jaguars - 32 team - Real GM - Yr 13
Barrow Snowmen #2 - 14 team - SF, PPR - Yr 2
Jimmy Graham Cracker wrote:Don't let your recency bias affect your judgment.

RGKID144
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby RGKID144 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:23 am

lol, yes. This is exactly what I mean. Thanks for the clarification.
Entering year ten of Dynasty 10 team 2QB/2RB/4WR/1TE/1FLEX(rb/wr/te).

QB: Bryce Young, Jared Goff, Mac Jones, Zach Wilson, Stetson Bennett.
WR: Garret Wilson, Devonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Michael Pittman, Odell Beckham, Treylon Burks, Zay Flowers, Curtis Samuel, Dyami Brown, Kenny Golladay.
RB: Bijan Robinson, Cam Akers, Antonio Gibson, Donta Foreman, Michael Carter, James Robinson, Dontrell Hilliard.
TE: Evan Engram, David Njoku, Trey McBride, Matt LaPorta Jelani Woods, Bob Tonyan.

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:49 am

Another TD today! Looking like a solid #2 in Baltimore!

holy_stromboli
MVP
MVP

Postby holy_stromboli » Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:13 pm

DJB wrote:Another TD today! Looking like a solid #2 in Baltimore!
Loving it. Now Flacco just has to stop giving the ball away every week. Something tells me the Ravens will pass a lot this year.

ManuManu
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby ManuManu » Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:08 pm

Obviously he's still worth owning, but has anyone's opinion changed on his value? Is he a bottom of the roster guy, or do you believe he will stay a starter in Baltimore?
Team 1, 10-team 0.5-PPR
QB (1): Richardson, Watson, Purdy
RB (2-3): Walker, Swift, Dobbins, R. White, Mitchell, Gainwell
WR (3-4): Hill, Godwin, Aiyuk, Flowers, N. Collins, Doubs, M. Wilson, Shakir
TE (1-2): McBride, Goedert, Okonkwo