Nick Foles

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
DYNOmite
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Nick Foles

Postby DYNOmite » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:36 am

kundertnick wrote:I am using mine. I am just saying it is all on Reid's evaluation of the QB's in this draft. If Reid feels Foles is better than them, he will make a trade, most likely a 3rd or 4th rounder. Also, a lot of this depends on if they resign LT Brandon Albert. If they can't resign him, the 1.01 will be used on LT.

Also, to say Reid won't run what he did in Philly is crazy. When Favre went to the Vikes, he knew most of the playbook already because Childress came from a West Coast background. (Holgrem->Reid->Childress) I am thinking Reid will be running something similar.

I am not saying Foles becomes viable FF material but he could be the starter in KC but at least a solid back-up that knows the terminology of the system and can teach younger players.
:thumbup:

allpurple
Starter
Starter

Postby allpurple » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:57 am

DYNOmite wrote:
kundertnick wrote:I am using mine. I am just saying it is all on Reid's evaluation of the QB's in this draft. If Reid feels Foles is better than them, he will make a trade, most likely a 3rd or 4th rounder. Also, a lot of this depends on if they resign LT Brandon Albert. If they can't resign him, the 1.01 will be used on LT.

Also, to say Reid won't run what he did in Philly is crazy. When Favre went to the Vikes, he knew most of the playbook already because Childress came from a West Coast background. (Holgrem->Reid->Childress) I am thinking Reid will be running something similar.

I am not saying Foles becomes viable FF material but he could be the starter in KC but at least a solid back-up that knows the terminology of the system and can teach younger players.
:thumbup:

All depends on who is the WR's RB's and the QB. Charles and McCoy are two differing backs. KC does not have a DeSean Jackson. Maclin is greater then Baldwin and Bowe seems like he is headed out of town. I am guessing the Philly playbook has seen its last day.

eNdblu
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby eNdblu » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:03 pm

Here's a question...
Why would the Eagles trade Foles to KC, essentially guaranteeing them to consider taking Joekel at the 1.1?
16tm SC w/ tiered PPR (0.25/0.5/1.0) 1QB 1RB 1WR 1TE 3FLX
QB - Burrow(2), Tannehill(1)
RB - Taylor(2), Williams(3), Gibson(2), Dillon(2)
WR - Godwin(5), Metcalf(1), Pittman(2), Mingo(5), Boutte(5), Metchie(4), Renfrow(1), Mims(3)
TE - Kelce(1), Pitts(3), Kincaid(5), Njoku(3), Gesicki(5), Thomas[WSH](2)

16tm TE PPR Prem 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2OFLX 1DL 2LB 1DB 1DFLX
QB - Murray, Winston
RB - CEH, Penny, Sanders, Mattison, Wilson
WR - Hill, McLaurin, Jeudy, JuJu, Ridley, Edwards, Ruggs
TE - Goedert, Johnson[NOS]
DL - Young LB - Kirksey, Tranquill, Walker[GB], Walker[ATL] DB - Sneed

Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Postby Chris_R » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:01 am

The presence of a franchise LT is overvalued these days IMO. Dolphins and Browns both have sucked mercifully since taking Joe Thomas and Jake Long, not even sure why it's still perceived as so important. You obviously need somebody decent there, but who was the LT for Brees or Aaron Rodgers when they won the SB? If you don't have a QB who your LT is hardly matters.
12 Team ppr Dynasty IDP Superflex
1 QB, 1 QB/RB, 1 RB, 1 WR, RB/WR, WR/TE, 1 TE, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 DL/LB/DB

QB: Dak Prescott/Kyler Murray
RB: Jonathan Taylor/James Robinson/D'Onta Foreman/Chris Hubbard/Keontay Ingram
WR: Jamar Chase/Diontae Johnson/Amron St Brown/Courtland Sutton/Rondale Moore/Donovan Peoples-Jones/Christian Watson
TE: Dalton Schultz/Gerald Everett/Greg Dulcich/Jeremy Ruckert

DL: Joey Bosa/Khalil Mack
LB: Leighton Vander Esch/Tremaine Edmunds/Blake Martinez/Telvin Smith/Sean Lee
DB: Earl Thomas/Keanu Neal/Minkah Fitzpatrick/John Johnson

Picks: 2023(three)

allpurple
Starter
Starter

Postby allpurple » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:53 am

Chris_R wrote:The presence of a franchise LT is overvalued these days IMO. Dolphins and Browns both have sucked mercifully since taking Joe Thomas and Jake Long, not even sure why it's still perceived as so important. You obviously need somebody decent there, but who was the LT for Brees or Aaron Rodgers when they won the SB? If you don't have a QB who your LT is hardly matters.
I agree and its not like Joekel is off then charts insanely good.

thriftyrocker
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby thriftyrocker » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:52 am

Chris_R wrote:If you don't have a QB who your LT is hardly matters.
I think the last sentence is most important. The skill players in MIA and CLE are putrid. A LT can't make bad skill players look good. He can make good skill players look great. How much did McKinnie's play help BAL during the playoffs? How much better did PHI look with Jason Peters healthy? And I'd argue Matt Kalil was a great pick for Minn last year, despite Ponder being across the charts mediocre.

Eagles have a lot of needs. LT is not a glaring need compared to the entire defense. If they take him, they will either cut Peters or move Herremans to guard. There's an argument to wait on LT and get the defensive help, whether its NT or CB.

TheOracle
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby TheOracle » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:56 am

Chris_R wrote:The presence of a franchise LT is overvalued these days IMO. Dolphins and Browns both have sucked mercifully since taking Joe Thomas and Jake Long, not even sure why it's still perceived as so important. You obviously need somebody decent there, but who was the LT for Brees or Aaron Rodgers when they won the SB? If you don't have a QB who your LT is hardly matters.
I agree with your premise, but if Joekkel is the best player available, I think they need to take him rather than draft a QB first simply for the sake of it.
12 team//24 Man Roster//1QB,2RB,4WR,1TE,1RB/WR/TE/1K/1DST//0.5 point PPR//$350 Salary Cap (Salary per year/Years)
QB= Stafford (19/3), Luck (10/1), Locker (1/1),
RB= Forte (39/3), Murray (11/3), Mathews (34/3), Martin (10/1), Tate (11/3), Hunter (6/1), F. Jones (3/1)
WR= Green (21/3), Harvin (27/3), Maclin (33/3), Bowe (23/1) Thomas (11/3), Quick (5/1), Hill (10/1)
TE= Hernandez (19/1), Rudolph (8/1)

12 Team, non-PPR, All TDs 6, QB, 2 RB, 4 WR, TE, RB/WR/TE, DEF, K, 20 man rosters, cut to 14 for Rookie/FA Draft
QB: RG3, Newton, Wilson
RB: Richardson, Martin, Spiller, Charles, L. Miller, L. James,
WR: AJ Green, Julio Jones, Cruz, Marshall, Fitzgerald, Alexander, Hankerson,
TE: Gronk,

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:54 pm

How many teams have taken stud QBs, RBs and any other position in the draft and continued to suck. No one ever said LT was a cure all for a team, nor is it insurmountable to win without a stud. Baltimore won a Superbowl with Trent Dilfer and Joe Flacco. Does that mean QBs aren't important? It's not like Eli is the in the conversation for greatest QB ever either. He's clutch, give him that, but it's not like Bushrod (NO) & Clifton (GB) were scrubs. Clifton was old, but he was a second round pick and had a solid career. You throw in a turnstyle like the guys Oakland used to trot out and its game over.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Payton34
Captain
Captain

Postby Payton34 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:08 pm

Mangelo wrote:But, but, but chip Kelly said he liked him when he was in college
LOL!!! Right..... I'm sure Tom Osbourne liked Vinny Testeverde in college too... :D
12 teams, 6pts all TDs, 1/2 pt PPR. 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D, 2 FLEX RB/WR/TE

QBs - P Mahomes, Tua Tagovailoa
RBs - Bijan, J Jacobs, K Walker, B Hall,
WRs - AJ Brown, J Waddle, DJ Moore, T Higgins, D London, Smith-Njigba, J Downs, M Wilson, AT Perry
TEs - D Kincaid, Musgrave
Ks - Boswell, McPherson
Ds - Texans, Jets

2024 - 2 1st rounders... Picks 1.5, 1.7..

hamburglar
All Pro
All Pro

Postby hamburglar » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:12 am

As an Eagles fan I cannot believe the Eagles wont deal Foles to Reid unless he'll just low-balling the hell out of them. I don't hate Foles but I just dont think he is the right fit for the new Coach-- nor do i think Mike Vick is-- the Eagles should toil a bit and rebuild. As for them not dealing him to hopefully have KC bypass Joekel? I think AR already knows who he's taking and if he wants Joekle than that's who he'll take whether he can get a QB or not-- Reid will have no problem taking a rental cheap short term rental on a guy like Flynn or Alex Smith...

I think Foles will be more successful in KC with Reid.