Russell Wilson or Colin Kaepernick

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.

Who would you rather own in Dynasty leagues?

Russell Wilson
61%
Colin Kaepernick
39%

Total votes: 137

DynastyZ33
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Russell Wilson or Colin Kaepernick

Postby DynastyZ33 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:35 am

Remember it has only been ten games for the kid. He was successful but against stellar defenses he was just average. I think his running game with keep him as a QB1 but I'm just not too impressed by his passing game. It's one read and go, just not substainable in the NFL. You can have success throwing the ball to a guy when he gets open but eventually it will catch up to you. Reminds me of Vicks 10 game streak in 2010. I'm not writing him off, but just something that needs to be taken into consideration.
30 man roster 10 team Dynasty- PPR, 6 point passing TDs 2-4RB 2-4WR 1-3TE
QB: R. Wilson, Foles
RB: E. Lacy, C. Michael, J.Stewart, Bradshaw, L. Taliaferro, J. Starks, B. Cunningham
WR: J. Jones, R. Cobb, M. Evans, J. Blackmon, B. Quick, J. Gordon, Marlon Brown, A. Wilson, J. Janis, M. Wilson, J. Huff, J Wright
TE: Kelce, Bennett

49ersFaithful80
All Pro
All Pro

Postby 49ersFaithful80 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:00 am

DynastyZ33 wrote:Remember it has only been ten games for the kid. He was successful but against stellar defenses he was just average. I think his running game with keep him as a QB1 but I'm just not too impressed by his passing game. It's one read and go, just not substainable in the NFL. You can have success throwing the ball to a guy when he gets open but eventually it will catch up to you. Reminds me of Vicks 10 game streak in 2010. I'm not writing him off, but just something that needs to be taken into consideration.
He was average against good defenses? He made the Bear's defense look silly, I think he had a near perfect passer rating that night. Kaepernick is not a "one read and go" kind of guy. I'll put together a whole highlight tape of him going through multiple progressions and hitting his receiver if you'd like. If you don't include designed runs Kaepernick rarely takes off, he is a passer first for sure.

ccj
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ccj » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:02 am

49ersFaithful80 wrote: He was average against good defenses? He made the Bear's defense look silly, I think he had a near perfect passer rating that night. Kaepernick is not a "one read and go" kind of guy. I'll put together a whole highlight tape of him going through multiple progressions and hitting his receiver if you'd like. If you don't include designed runs Kaepernick rarely takes off, he is a passer first for sure.
I'd love to see that. Just because I like watching specific game film. Also if you have situations where the defense didn't blitz, but got pass pressure I'd be curious to see how that went. The 49ers o-line has been ridiculous.

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:21 am

DynastyZ33 wrote:Remember it has only been ten games for the kid. He was successful but against stellar defenses he was just average. I think his running game with keep him as a QB1 but I'm just not too impressed by his passing game. It's one read and go, just not substainable in the NFL. You can have success throwing the ball to a guy when he gets open but eventually it will catch up to you. Reminds me of Vicks 10 game streak in 2010. I'm not writing him off, but just something that needs to be taken into consideration.
He's thrown the ball with more anticipation and better accuracy than Cam Newton.
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

allpurple
Starter
Starter

Postby allpurple » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:47 am

This off season the offense will be built to Kaepernick's strengths. It's going to get crazy in the hizzo in San Fran. Alex Smith game management offense was just shown the door.

This kid might be the best FF QB in the history of the game over the next 3-4 years. Notice I did say best FF QB.

Those buying him what is the price tag?

DynastyZ33
Role Player
Role Player

Postby DynastyZ33 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:50 am

I haven't seen him consisently throw a ball before a receiver breaks his route that's my biggest beef. Against Seattle, Ravens, and Rams he didn't look so great and he "tore up" an old Bears D. Not worth arguing cause it isn't as if I'm not saying he is good or not lol I'm just saying he hasn't consistently thrown a ball before a receiver finished his route. Saying he was average in those games may have gone a little to far but he didnt play up to his percieved value. However he has benefited from one of the best Olines but its not like you can fault a guy for that.
RB: E. Lacy, C. Michael, J.Stewart, Bradshaw, L. Taliaferro, J. Starks, B. Cunningham
WR: J. Jones, R. Cobb, M. Evans, J. Blackmon, B. Quick, J. Gordon, Marlon Brown, A. Wilson, J. Janis, M. Wilson, J. Huff, J Wright

DynastyZ33
Role Player
Role Player

Postby DynastyZ33 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:52 am

49ersFaithful80 wrote:
He was average against good defenses? He made the Bear's defense look silly, I think he had a near perfect passer rating that night. Kaepernick is not a "one read and go" kind of guy. I'll put together a whole highlight tape of him going through multiple progressions and hitting his receiver if you'd like. If you don't include designed runs Kaepernick rarely takes off, he is a passer first for sure.
Super Bowl may have been an outlier but it seemed if his first look wasn't there, no play was going to be made.

49ersFaithful80
All Pro
All Pro

Postby 49ersFaithful80 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:53 am

kmbryant09 wrote:
He's thrown the ball with more anticipation and better accuracy than Cam Newton.

Easily; Cam supporters won't admit it but Cam has struggled as a passer. Off target on 25% of his throws as a rookie (does not include throw aways) and 22.7% this season. Kaepernick was off target on a league best %13 of his throws this season.

Cam supporters; when you dispute this claim please mention something other than passing yards.

DynastyZ33
Role Player
Role Player

Postby DynastyZ33 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:54 am

allpurple wrote:This off season the offense will be built to Kaepernick's strengths. It's going to get crazy in the hizzo in San Fran. Alex Smith game management offense was just shown the door.

This kid might be the best FF QB in the history of the game over the next 3-4 years. Notice I did say best FF QB.

Those buying him what is the price tag?
Qb1 with upside. Almost like buying Griffin

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:57 am

49ersFaithful80 wrote:Easily; Cam supporters won't admit it but Cam has struggled as a passer. Off target on 25% of his throws as a rookie (does not include throw aways) and 22.7% this season. Kaepernick was off target on a league best %13 of his throws this season.
Did not know these exact numbers - can you post the top 10 and maybe bottom 10?
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas

DynastyZ33
Role Player
Role Player

Postby DynastyZ33 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:59 am

My final thoughts are that I am just cautious when it comes to him as the NFL QB and not the fantasy QB. I would want to see another year before I believed he is an elite passer or is valued like one. It's easy to beat up on teams with awful defenses I just didnt think he was that great when a better D challenged him later in the year.

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:26 am

DynastyZ33 -

Do you know what Kaepernick's fantasy production was in those 3 games you pointed out? 16, 14, and 26 (average of 18.7 ppg).

So you hand-picked 3 of his worst games, against strong defenses in order to illustrate why you aren't high on him - and he produced QB1 numbers in those games.

lukeb
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby lukeb » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:19 pm

49ersFaithful80 wrote:
kmbryant09 wrote:

Easily; Cam supporters won't admit it but Cam has struggled as a passer. Off target on 25% of his throws as a rookie (does not include throw aways) and 22.7% this season. Kaepernick was off target on a league best %13 of his throws this season.

Cam supporters; when you dispute this claim please mention something other than passing yards.
Can you post the video of Kaepernick going through multiple progressions?
DLF Writer and Forum Moderator
Follow me on Twitter at dynastyluke

49ersFaithful80
All Pro
All Pro

Postby 49ersFaithful80 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:54 pm

Colin Kaepernick will begin training for the 2013 season within a week.
Kaepernick is reportedly "steaming" about San Francisco's Super Bowl loss to Baltimore and has already made plans with teammates for a quick training turnaround. Led by Kaepernick, 49ers players will head to Atlanta for workouts. If there were any lingering questions about Kaepernick's "leadership skills" or work ethic, this is a pretty strong answer. On Tuesday, Kaepernick described his breakout 2012 season to reporters "as not being good enough."

If Kaepernick makes significant strides this offseason he is going to be a fantasy juggernaut next season.

I'll work on the highlight tape of him going through multiple progressions

allpurple
Starter
Starter

Postby allpurple » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:00 pm

49ersFaithful80 wrote:Colin Kaepernick will begin training for the 2013 season within a week.
Kaepernick is reportedly "steaming" about San Francisco's Super Bowl loss to Baltimore and has already made plans with teammates for a quick training turnaround. Led by Kaepernick, 49ers players will head to Atlanta for workouts. If there were any lingering questions about Kaepernick's "leadership skills" or work ethic, this is a pretty strong answer. On Tuesday, Kaepernick described his breakout 2012 season to reporters "as not being good enough."

If Kaepernick makes significant strides this offseason he is going to be a fantasy juggernaut next season.

I'll work on the highlight tape of him going through multiple progressions
Waiver wire pick up of all waiver wire pick ups. Dam I am ready for next season and his 35-46 points per game.