Anyone have any deep running back sleepers to watch/add?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
mullmania
MVP
MVP

Anyone have any deep running back sleepers to watch/add?

Postby mullmania » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:23 am

Looking for guys that are probably unrostered but might get a chance to impress in preseason and earn some playing time, or guys who are behind a starter with injury concerns.

Who ya got?

The GM
Captain
Captain

Re: Anyone have any deep running back sleepers to watch/add?

Postby The GM » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:46 am

I like Redman (Probably rostered) and Ringer (Maybe on waivers, could be had cheap).

Mangelo
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mangelo » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:49 am

Check the Bryce brown thread for more info

mullmania
MVP
MVP

Postby mullmania » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:17 am

Yeah Redman, Pitt Redman?!, and Ringer are way gone.

I want to keep this open to all fliers but for my specific situation here is my league and team scoring.

For sure. We just had our team 12 startup draft. It's a PPR league, with 4 points per qb pass, 1.5 TE yardage, qb/wr rushing yardage bonus.

20 roster spots with a 4 player developmental taxi.

My starting line up/depth is:

Qb: Rodgers, A. Smith, Kolb
RB: Forte
RB: Bradshaw, Best, Ridley, P. Thomas, Snelling
WR: Harvin
WR: Bowe
WR: Stevie J
Flex(TE/WR/RB): B. Lloyd (or Best if he get's on the field.)
TE: Keller, O. Daniels, D. Pitta, K. Davis
K:
D: Houston, Seattle

Taxi: Broyles, Toon, Osweiler, A. Robinson-te giants

Many of the rookies are gone. Top free agents based on last years points are guys like B. Jacobs, J. Battle, Woodhead, ect

The GM
Captain
Captain

Postby The GM » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:20 am

Brandon Jackson in Cleveland.
Brandon Saine in Green Bay.

shivs
Captain
Captain

Postby shivs » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:38 am

The GM wrote:Brandon Jackson in Cleveland.
Brandon Saine in Green Bay.
I'm liking Alex Green in GB.
"Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it" - Steve Prefontaine

12 Tm, nonPPR, kr's, IDP. QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, RB/WR/TE, K, DL, LB, DB, DL/LB/DB
QB: P. Manning, Glennon, Palmer, Freeman
RB: Peterson, Rice, R. Bush, J. Bell, Pierce, Cunningham
WR: A. Johnson, J. Nelson, Fitzgerald, M. Austin, M. Jones, Givens, Hartline, Wayne (IR)
TE: Graham, Gates, Bostick, Hill
K: Novak
DL: Quinn, Wake
LB: Laurinaitis, Posluszny, Washington
DB: Barron

mullmania
MVP
MVP

Postby mullmania » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:17 am

All the backup GB ones are good thoughts. However, they are all rostered.

Guys like Dwyer are rostered.

Keep em coming.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:42 am

We're getting deeper here but even though I may be forced to cut him on my first team in sig, Johnny White actually has somewhat of a chance given his situation in Buffalo, albeit, not a great chance. Here's my take, Fred Jackson did have a fantastic 2/3 of a season last year, Spiller had 5 good games in Jackson's sted. Now; Jackson is 31 and typically when RB's get into their 30's, they don't bounce back after normal bumps and bruses as well as they used to. That brings me to Spiller. I'll admit I'm no where near as high on him as many on this site and frankly I don't see him being a 3 down pound the ball type carrier. I understand he has talent and I see him more like a Jamal Charles type. This would leave room for another rb to pick up 10 -15 touches a game. Given Johnny White's size and skill set, he could have value if Jackson were to wear down, get injuried again, and when Buffalo realizes that Spiller is better used sparingly. :2cents: :thumbup:
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Vendetta
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Vendetta » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:51 am

If guys like Saine are rostered then I'm assuming so is Bilal Powell, but, if not, he's one to consider.

I also like Cyrus Gray. Leon Washington may be a possibility (assuming Turbin is already rostered)

reddaddy32
Role Player
Role Player

Postby reddaddy32 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:38 pm

Man this is tough, dont know many RB4 on their own team who actually have a shot to play on the field. Dan Herron would be one of my first thoughts. Cincy management should be pretty familiar with him, and he actually is a very solid inside runner. He does a good job after contact, and I think has somewhat deceptive agility. I actually think with 1 injury he might find some serious PT.

I would also consider any RB on the Lions roster. The current top 3 all have serious concerns, and with Best on the PUP, Smith oft-injured, and Leshoure oft-arrested, the position could become wide open in a matter of hours! Also, keep in mind last year when they needed someone, they grabbed Smith off the couch (obviously they were already familiar with him), so they should look to who else is there to fill in. That would be Keiland Williams or Jerome Harrison.

Ill assume Vick Ballard is already rostered, otherwise take him over all the above. I concur of Cyrus Gray as well if he is available. Reports are that the Chiefs are going to run 500+ times this year, so possibly the RB3 gets a solid look. Presumably a guy like Marcel Reece is rostered. I think Bryce Brown will win the backup spot in PHI, so he might work.

Uhh....(researching).....I got nothing else.

EDIT

Just saw a tweet that says Schwartz said Stefan Logan will practice at RB due to Best injury. Interesting that Best is still not clear after all that time. I just cant help but refer to Sidney Crosby and wonder if Best is in line for the same thing. Once it has been this long, just makes me nervous . I dont think Logan is particularly talented, but he will get a shot in camp over the next few weeks.
Start 1 QB/TE/K/DEF,2RB/3WR or 1RB/4WR 1PPR,12 Team

QB:Locker, Schaub, Tannehill, R Wilson
RB:J Bell, Charles, K hunter, Murray, J Stewart
WR:Benjamin, Cobb, Fitzgerald, Nicks, M Williams, Rob Woods
TE:Gronkowski, Green, Housler
3.02, 4.02
WR: Cal Johnson, Broyles, Hankerson, St Johnson, M Jones, D Moore, D Thomas, Wheaton
TE: Gresham, Rudolph
K: Janikowski
1.07, 2.06, 3.07, 4.06

WZA
All Pro
All Pro

Postby WZA » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:56 pm

reddaddy32 wrote:Man this is tough, dont know many RB4 on their own team who actually have a shot to play on the field. Dan Herron would be one of my first thoughts. Cincy management should be pretty familiar with him, and he actually is a very solid inside runner. He does a good job after contact, and I think has somewhat deceptive agility. I actually think with 1 injury he might find some serious PT.

I would also consider any RB on the Lions roster. The current top 3 all have serious concerns, and with Best on the PUP, Smith oft-injured, and Leshoure oft-arrested, the position could become wide open in a matter of hours! Also, keep in mind last year when they needed someone, they grabbed Smith off the couch (obviously they were already familiar with him), so they should look to who else is there to fill in. That would be Keiland Williams or Jerome Harrison.

Ill assume Vick Ballard is already rostered, otherwise take him over all the above. I concur of Cyrus Gray as well if he is available. Reports are that the Chiefs are going to run 500+ times this year, so possibly the RB3 gets a solid look. Presumably a guy like Marcel Reece is rostered. I think Bryce Brown will win the backup spot in PHI, so he might work.

Uhh....(researching).....I got nothing else.

EDIT

Just saw a tweet that says Schwartz said Stefan Logan will practice at RB due to Best injury. Interesting that Best is still not clear after all that time. I just cant help but refer to Sidney Crosby and wonder if Best is in line for the same thing. Once it has been this long, just makes me nervous . I dont think Logan is particularly talented, but he will get a shot in camp over the next few weeks.
Jerome Harrison is no longer with the team. He had a brain tumor.

Joique Bell, RB DET...local kid on the practice squad.

Bronx Bomber
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Bronx Bomber » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:57 pm

Phillip Tanner is someone I've been grabbing in most drafts. If Felix leaves next year you have Murrays handcuff and even with Felix and Murray he could be relevant at some point. For your specific team I might add DJ Ware for Bradshaw insurance. Should be a split if he misses some time and Coughlin likes guys he can trust.

general mills
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby general mills » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:09 pm

I like P. Tanner and J. White.

May want to look at J. Battle now that he is with SD. Wouldn't really trust R. Brown being the answer there if Matthews goes down.
Also like M. Thomas from TB. New coaching staff so they don't have much invested in Blount so we will have to see if Blount takes this season more seriously.
Maybe even look at Ware or Scott from the NYG depending on who looks better in training camp. Not sure how ready Wilson will be to start if Bradshaw goes down especially if pass block is needed.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:10 pm

I like the Tanner idea.

Depends on whether you're looking for production or prospects. People tend to go for the upside chances and forget/excessively downgrade the vets-
Charles Clay
James Casey
Marcel Reese
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

general mills
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby general mills » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:14 pm

Pikachu: BFF wrote:I like the Tanner idea.

Depends on whether you're looking for production or prospects. People tend to go for the upside chances and forget/excessively downgrade the vets-
Charles Clay
James Casey
Marcel Reese
If thats the case then I would mention McClain also then, look how SD used Tolbert. McClain has shown that he can produce if given the opportunities.