Ryan williams? How is is rehab and what is his 2012 outlook?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Broncopain
Captain
Captain

Ryan williams? How is is rehab and what is his 2012 outlook?

Postby Broncopain » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:38 pm

Im thinking about making an offer for the young rb as im not a fan of beanie at all. How has his rehab been going and what role can we expect to see from him going forward?

Spinkso
Captain
Captain

Re: Ryan williams? How is is rehab and what is his 2012 outl

Postby Spinkso » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:54 pm

I read that at the time of his injury his kneecap had made it's way up to his thigh area. I don't think coming back from a knee injury that severe is a 100% back to pre-injury kind of thing... That and Wells played through injury and in the process won over his coaching staff. I see Ryan Williams as a compliment to Wells only. I haven't read anything about his rehab like I have for Leshoure, which is troubling to me.

PPE82
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby PPE82 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:39 pm

Spinkso wrote:I read that at the time of his injury his kneecap had made it's way up to his thigh area. I don't think coming back from a knee injury that severe is a 100% back to pre-injury kind of thing... .
Says the doctor or physical therapist?

Personally, I won't pretend to know anything about his injury. However, this seems destined to be a timeshare situation with Beanie probably getting the majority of the touches, especially early on in the season.
Team 1
12 Team, SF, PPR, TEP (2PPR)
1-2QB, 2-6RB, 2-6WR, 1-5TE
10 starters, 28 roster spots

Kyler Murray, Rudolph, Brissett, Brady
Keaton Mitchell, scrubs
Jefferson, Lamb, Waddle, DeVonta Smith, Rashee Rice, Christian Watson, Dotson, Josh Palmer, Rashid Shaheed, Toney, Justyn Ross, Metchie, Ronnie Bell
Pitts, Likely
2024 Picks: 1.02, 2.02, 2.06, 2.09, 4.02, 4.12

Team 2
12 Team, SF, PPR, TEP (2PPR)
1-2QB, 2-5RB, 3-6WR, 1-4TE
10 starters, 28 roster spots

Lawrence, Richardson, Young, Mac Jones, Lance, Brady, Bennnet, Haener
Bijan, Charbonnet, Strong Jr., scrubs
Wilson, Nacua, Flowers, Downs, Wicks, Renfrow, Ross, Bell, Metchie
Pitts, Woods
2024 Picks: 1.02, 1.05, 1.06, 1.11, 3.05, 3.06, 3.09, 4.02, 4.09

Jimi Hendrix
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jimi Hendrix » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:44 pm

Cardinals | Ryan Williams on target for training camp

Fri, 13 Jan 2012 20:53:13 -0800

Arizona Cardinals RB Ryan Williams (knee) is on target for training camp, and he is expected to begin jogging soon. The training staff and coaching staff likely won't allow him to take part in anything more than individual drills if he is ready during the organized team activities (OTAs) in the summer. "Next year is going to be a good year," Williams said. "I want to be a fan favorite, I want to be the 'X' factor, and because the coaches expect (so) much from me and they support me so much. It's a great feeling to have the coaches behind you, and when they think highly of you, you don't want to make them think otherwise."

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/player/23965/NFL/Ry ... z1os2aBqnN
DLF Charter- Carolina Crosstown Traffic
DLF Charter II- Carolina Cozmik Vibes
DLF IDP Invitational--Stone Free
DLF IDP Invitational II--Lazy Lightnin (15 Champions)
DLF United -- Carolina Experience (17 Champs)
Lead Dog--Bad Company
FAAFFL--Purple Haze (99,08 Champions)
RnRFFL--Crosstown Traffic (2000, 02, 04, 10, 17, 18,19 Champions)
Gridiron Elite Dynasty League--Appalachian Mountaineers

Spinkso
Captain
Captain

Postby Spinkso » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:46 pm

DanL82 wrote:
Spinkso wrote:I read that at the time of his injury his kneecap had made it's way up to his thigh area. I don't think coming back from a knee injury that severe is a 100% back to pre-injury kind of thing... .

Personally, I won't pretend to know anything about his injury. However, this seems destined to be a timeshare situation with Beanie probably getting the majority of the touches, especially early on in the season.
I didn't know I had to be a doctor to say that a blown up knee would be hard to come back from 100%. I've heard plenty of doctors say the same thing about previous players with similar injuries. And you don't need to pretend to be a doctor or a physical therapist, because you've got the elitist internet A-hole thing down pat. Since none of us are doctors we shouldn't discuss injuries. Since none of us are scouts/coaches/players lets not talk about football either. :roll:

stingray_76
Role Player
Role Player

Postby stingray_76 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:31 pm

"Cardinals RB Ryan Williams said his kneecap was in his thigh when he tore his patella tendon last summer.
Given a 9-12 month recovery timetable, Williams has just recently begun jogging again. As evidenced by the struggles of Cadillac Williams and Mark Clayton, the recovery rate for torn patella tendons isn't close to that of ACLs. It's fair to question whether Williams will ever regain his pre-injury explosiveness and quickness. Mar 1 - 6:50 PM
Source: AzCardinals.com" rotoworld

Disclaimer: I am not a doctor, and I didn't stay at a holliday inn express last night

BUT!

Given the track record of that injury, I'd keep expectations LOW.

CokeAndBacardi
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby CokeAndBacardi » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:30 am

Spinkso wrote:
DanL82 wrote:

I didn't know I had to be a doctor to say that a blown up knee would be hard to come back from 100%. I've heard plenty of doctors say the same thing about previous players with similar injuries. And you don't need to pretend to be a doctor or a physical therapist, because you've got the elitist internet A-hole thing down pat. Since none of us are doctors we shouldn't discuss injuries. Since none of us are scouts/coaches/players lets not talk about football either. :roll:
Yeesh :roll:
10 Team/26-man dynasty/PPR/Year 10/4-6 pt TDs/2QB-2RB-2WR-2RB/WR-2TE
QB-Goff/Rosen/Lock/Grier/Luck
RB-Mack/Hunt/RoJones/Bernard/Snell/AP/Edwards/Ajayi
WR-ODB/Robinson/T.Williams/Davis/Anderson/Cobb/Renfrow
TE-Kelce/Goedert/Njoku/Rudolph/Oliver
2020 - Currently and likely 1.01, have all of my own picks

xGUACAMOLEx
Role Player
Role Player

Postby xGUACAMOLEx » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:29 pm

i'd be very scared to buy williams. i've inquired and owners want alot based on his potential, but cadillac williams was never the same after his torn patella tendon.

ascherb
Starter
Starter

Postby ascherb » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:41 pm

I'm just concerned he's done, and if he does come back, I have a feeling that it will be as a backup type if at all.
Please give us a visit for awesome FF content:

extrapointff.com

repkllrs
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby repkllrs » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:20 am

They tendered LaRod Stephens-Howling at a 2nd rounder, to make sure he didn't get away. That should be a telling indication of Ryan Williams expectations. Think real low.
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt" Abe Lincoln

RobertBobson
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby RobertBobson » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:28 am

Spinkso wrote:
DanL82 wrote:

Looks like somebody had a case of the mondays!
12 team 1 ppr 6 pt all tds
1 qb 2 rb 2 wr 1 rb/wr 1 te 1k
qb Ryan, Vick, nassib, Barkley
RB DMC, Gore, Sporles, Stacy, Hillman, Moreno,
WR aj green,welker, Britt, Blackmon, DeMary
TE Davis, Cook, Housler, Allen

TJHollywood
All Pro
All Pro

Postby TJHollywood » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:38 am

repkllrs wrote:They tendered LaRod Stephens-Howling at a 2nd rounder, to make sure he didn't get away. That should be a telling indication of Ryan Williams expectations. Think real low.
Did anything come out of Michael Bush visiting AZ? Just having him in for a visit shows, to some degree, what they think of William's recovery.

I had him in 2 leagues and sold him mid-season to rebuilders and bought on solid vet players.

meroj
Rookie
Rookie

Postby meroj » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:51 am

Michael Bush did not visit the Arizona Cardinals.
12 Team Dynasty, Standard scoring

QB - M. Stafford, B. Roethlisberger
RB - MJD, R. Mathews, R. Mendenhall, J. Best, J. Dwyer
WR - C. Johnson, M. Wallace, D. Bryant, S. Holmes, A. Collie, D. Briscoe, J. Shipley
TE - J. Finley, J. Cook, J. Thomas, D.J. Williams

Rookie Picks: 1.1, 1.11

ekassor
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ekassor » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:56 am

Howling is a very good special teams, kick off return guy and decent depth. I don't know that he projects as ARI's RB2. Had 56 touches in 2011. We'll know a lot more about Ryan Williams once training camp gets rolling. I drafted him in a couple leagues and I've held onto him. I'm going to take a wait and see attitude.

Nothing I've seen convinces me Williams is done. I know Demaryius had a different injury, but I thought for sure he was done. Medical advances in dealing with tendon and ligament injury have really come a long way in a relatively brief time in my opinion.

Of course, on the flip side, I'll not be surprised if he's done either.