Victor Cruz or Kenny Britt? **POLL**

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.

Victor Cruz or Kenny Britt? Who would you rather have?

Victor Cruz
16%
Kenny Britt
84%

Total votes: 70

CokeAndBacardi
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Victor Cruz or Kenny Britt? **POLL**

Postby CokeAndBacardi » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:38 am

Britt is two years younger and has the higher upside year-to-year (I know Cruz's number from 2011, I am talking potential WR1 next year, 2013, etc.). The knee issue is an issue but it doesn't concern me. Nor do the off-field issues.
10 Team/26-man dynasty/PPR/Year 10/4-6 pt TDs/2QB-2RB-2WR-2RB/WR-2TE
QB-Goff/Rosen/Lock/Grier/Luck
RB-Mack/Hunt/RoJones/Bernard/Snell/AP/Edwards/Ajayi
WR-ODB/Robinson/T.Williams/Davis/Anderson/Cobb/Renfrow
TE-Kelce/Goedert/Njoku/Rudolph/Oliver
2020 - Currently and likely 1.01, have all of my own picks

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:28 pm

I would be confident in saying that Cruz out performs or at least performs at a very similar level as Britt in a ppr format average 1pt per 10 yards receiving scoring system in 2012. Even though, according to most Britt is a clear #1 WR and Cruz is clearly not. Cruz's situation is simply better. Has a more dynamic offense. Has a better supporting cast around him, has the undeniable trust of his QB, and.... Eli has clearly taken steps toward improvement and into the top 10.

ON a side note, I personally have had three left knee procedures, one of them was very serious. (ACL, MCL, PCL, meniscus tear). Point being; the 100% return of anyplayer with a reconstructed knee is far from the gararantee that most Britt dynasty owners would like to think. I'm not comparing my self to a world class athlete, just saying that to most that haven't had the procedure, a reconstructed knee is just something that is talked about, not experianced. Way too many people downplay those injuries on this site in my opinion. There are very serious mental hurtles that must be cleared before he is truely playing at full speed. Wes Welker is an absolute anomally by the way. Back to Britt... Now, in the total of 27 or so games hes played in the NFL, he has flashed brilliance all the while being a very young man with terrific size, decent speed, and decent to good hands and body control.

Cruz is almost two full years older, 22 months, but the fact is he put up 1500+ yards, 80+ receptions, 9 tds in 15 games. Period. Britt has yet to put together a 15 game stretch of games played. I'm not saying he can't, I'm saying he hasn't. So.... becasue of that. It is Cruz. That is an easy call in my opinion.

Wonder who gets more love on this site Britt or Stewart?
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

BeRanDone
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BeRanDone » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:42 pm

JFever wrote:I would be confident in saying that Cruz out performs or at least performs at a very similar level as Britt in a ppr format average 1pt per 10 yards receiving scoring system in 2012. Even though, according to most Britt is a clear #1 WR and Cruz is clearly not. Cruz's situation is simply better. Has a more dynamic offense. Has a better supporting cast around him, has the undeniable trust of his QB, and.... Eli has clearly taken steps toward improvement and into the top 10.

ON a side note, I personally have had three left knee procedures, one of them was very serious. (ACL, MCL, PCL, meniscus tear). Point being; the 100% return of anyplayer with a reconstructed knee is far from the gararantee that most Britt dynasty owners would like to think. I'm not comparing my self to a world class athlete, just saying that to most that haven't had the procedure, a reconstructed knee is just something that is talked about, not experianced. Way too many people downplay those injuries on this site in my opinion. There are very serious mental hurtles that must be cleared before he is truely playing at full speed. Wes Welker is an absolute anomally by the way. Back to Britt... Now, in the total of 27 or so games hes played in the NFL, he has flashed brilliance all the while being a very young man with terrific size, decent speed, and decent to good hands and body control.

Cruz is almost two full years older, 22 months, but the fact is he put up 1500+ yards, 80+ receptions, 9 tds in 15 games. Period. Britt has yet to put together a 15 game stretch of games played. I'm not saying he can't, I'm saying he hasn't. So.... becasue of that. It is Cruz. That is an easy call in my opinion.

I think part of the reason Britt-backers are not taking his knee injury too serious is because the Titan's coaching staff don't appear to be. These are the guys that see him day in and day out and making comments like "he's walking around here like it's nothing" and calling him a "freak of nature" after his surgery last fall help ease concerns about his rehab. ACL injuries aren't what they used to be and most of us have come around to recognizing that.

http://blogs.tennessean.com/titans/2011 ... of-nature/

Chandler Bing
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Chandler Bing » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:13 pm

Britt

CokeAndBacardi
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby CokeAndBacardi » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:14 pm

JFever wrote:I would be confident in saying that Cruz out performs or at least performs at a very similar level as Britt in a ppr format average 1pt per 10 yards receiving scoring system in 2012. Even though, according to most Britt is a clear #1 WR and Cruz is clearly not. Cruz's situation is simply better. Has a more dynamic offense. Has a better supporting cast around him, has the undeniable trust of his QB, and.... Eli has clearly taken steps toward improvement and into the top 10.

Talent generally wins out in the long haul and that is what I am going off in ranking these two. There is a good shot you are 100% right in saying Cruz outscores Britt in 2012. In fact, I would bet on that happening. From a dynasty standpoint I just have to go with Britt's incredible size/speed/hands/skill set over Cruz's situation, as tempting as it is. Victor can ball but Britt has every tool in his back pocket. He can run every route and his red zone/end zone skills impress.

Sorry to hear about your knee. Knees and lower back are places no man wants to get hurt. However, these guys have the best care/therapy in the business. Heck, Terrell Thomas just got a 4 year, $28 mil deal from the defending super bowl champs coming off his second right ACL tear.
10 Team/26-man dynasty/PPR/Year 10/4-6 pt TDs/2QB-2RB-2WR-2RB/WR-2TE
QB-Goff/Rosen/Lock/Grier/Luck
RB-Mack/Hunt/RoJones/Bernard/Snell/AP/Edwards/Ajayi
WR-ODB/Robinson/T.Williams/Davis/Anderson/Cobb/Renfrow
TE-Kelce/Goedert/Njoku/Rudolph/Oliver
2020 - Currently and likely 1.01, have all of my own picks

Richman
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Richman » Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:58 pm

That and your other quote bothers me...

Come on with all the Britt Love.... it's over the top.

We were asked our opinion and responded. While you are not actually calling us that chose Britt morons, you are implying it. I respect your opinion on who you chose but disagree. I don't attack it. If you want to help shape peoples opinion, just use facts not insults, your point might hold influence!
gangsta blue *League Champ*(1QB,2RB,2WR,1TE,1K,1D) 12 Team/20 Player
QB:A Rodgers
WR:Fitz,Nicks,Maclin,Garcon,D.Rodgers
RB:Rice,McCoy,R Mathews,Stacy,Michaels,Hunter,J.Bell,K.Davis,Leshoure,M.James,L.Murray
TE:Cameron,Ertz,A.Robinson

Blue Droogie(1QB,2RB,2WR,1TE,1Flex,1K,1D) 16 Team/20 Player
QB:P Manning,Luck,Mallett
WR:Nicks,D Thomas,Garcon,Thompkins
RB:Rice,Forte,Mathews,Vereen,Helu,K.Davis,L.Murray
TE:Cameron,Rudolph,A.Robinson

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:16 pm

Really didn't intend insult just an observation is all. My appoligies. There is a very large following for Stewart and Britt that I don't quite agree with, and I was just commenting on that. I did try to use facts and stats from the previous 3 seasons in my posts too actually. I do see the upside in Britt and I do agree that his size and skill set lend themselves to a good upside for his future but in my eyes he hasn't proven much more than what Cruz did last season. That coupled with the injury and current Qb situations lead me to my choice.

I do think there is merit to the point that the treatment these athletes receive is top notch and the fact that they are all physical specimens and the improvements in medical technology mean that ACL related injuries are easier to come back from compared to years ago. Plus Britt's age is definately something to consider that is in favor. I just am not a fan of looking past these injuries when evaluating players is all so the disparity of votes was a bit surpising to me. I could easily be wrong in my opinion on this one but its one that I'm comfortable with.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Richman
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Richman » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:29 pm

I was a little cranky also, had a hard day and did not crack open a cold one yet. It's all good and you do make some solid points. I'm just leaning towards the Britt side.
gangsta blue *League Champ*(1QB,2RB,2WR,1TE,1K,1D) 12 Team/20 Player
QB:A Rodgers
WR:Fitz,Nicks,Maclin,Garcon,D.Rodgers
RB:Rice,McCoy,R Mathews,Stacy,Michaels,Hunter,J.Bell,K.Davis,Leshoure,M.James,L.Murray
TE:Cameron,Ertz,A.Robinson

Blue Droogie(1QB,2RB,2WR,1TE,1Flex,1K,1D) 16 Team/20 Player
QB:P Manning,Luck,Mallett
WR:Nicks,D Thomas,Garcon,Thompkins
RB:Rice,Forte,Mathews,Vereen,Helu,K.Davis,L.Murray
TE:Cameron,Rudolph,A.Robinson

ekassor
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ekassor » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:15 pm

JFever wrote:Really didn't intend insult just an observation is all. My appoligies. There is a very large following for Stewart and Britt that I don't quite agree with, and I was just commenting on that. I did try to use facts and stats from the previous 3 seasons in my posts too actually. I do see the upside in Britt and I do agree that his size and skill set lend themselves to a good upside for his future but in my eyes he hasn't proven much more than what Cruz did last season. That coupled with the injury and current Qb situations lead me to my choice.

I do think there is merit to the point that the treatment these athletes receive is top notch and the fact that they are all physical specimens and the improvements in medical technology mean that ACL related injuries are easier to come back from compared to years ago. Plus Britt's age is definately something to consider that is in favor. I just am not a fan of looking past these injuries when evaluating players is all so the disparity of votes was a bit surpising to me. I could easily be wrong in my opinion on this one but its one that I'm comfortable with.
This is a very level headed and plausible defense of your opinion regarding the relative worth of these two players. If you provide responses in a similar thought provoking tone in the future, I'm sure you'll become a well respected poster on DLF.