Blount's future?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
holy_stromboli
MVP
MVP

Re: Blount's future?

Postby holy_stromboli » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:08 am

Bumping this thread, as I'm sure this is probably under the radar. I can only imagine the signing of VJax and Carl Nicks will help the running game in TB (aside from just helping the passing game). They have upgraded their O-line and found a WR that can keep 8 out of the box. Regardless of a looming RBBC, I have to think the TB backfield will be worth owning this year.

BeRanDone
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BeRanDone » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:13 am

holy_stromboli wrote:Bumping this thread, as I'm sure this is probably under the radar. I can only imagine the signing of VJax and Carl Nicks will help the running game in TB (aside from just helping the passing game). They have upgraded their O-line and found a WR that can keep 8 out of the box. Regardless of a looming RBBC, I have to think the TB backfield will be worth owning this year.
There might be some truth to this. I hadn't thought about how these signings could affect Blount. It's still all up in the air until they start playing the games seeing as Schiano is coming in with a run-heavy offense.

bconnelly
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby bconnelly » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:30 pm

they most likely will get a 2nd or 3rd tier (fantasy tiers) speed RB in the 2nd-4th rounds of the NFL draft. they need the compliment and with blount already cheap, its good business sense

holy_stromboli
MVP
MVP

Postby holy_stromboli » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:26 pm

bconnelly wrote:they most likely will get a 2nd or 3rd tier (fantasy tiers) speed RB in the 2nd-4th rounds of the NFL draft. they need the compliment and with blount already cheap, its good business sense
Agreed, but I still feel like Tolbert is in the running. He was on Sirius radio himself stating that he would like to be in TB. A backfield of Blount, Tolbert, and a speed back seems the most plausible scenario.

Scooby1974
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Scooby1974 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:32 pm

I agree that with the addition of VJax and OL help, the running game will open up. To spend the #5 on Trent and bypass the top CB or DL in the draft would be foolish given the hot mess their Defense was last year. Take Claiborn at #5 and nab a speedster RB later in the draft to help shake things up.

NJKV
Starter
Starter

Postby NJKV » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:49 am

Scooby1974 wrote:I agree that with the addition of VJax and OL help, the running game will open up. To spend the #5 on Trent and bypass the top CB or DL in the draft would be foolish given the hot mess their Defense was last year. Take Claiborn at #5 and nab a speedster RB later in the draft to help shake things up.
I don't know if Claiborne will be there at 5. Knowing Holgrem's draft history, I could see them taking Claiborne at 4.

holy_stromboli
MVP
MVP

Postby holy_stromboli » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:46 am

kundertnick wrote:
Scooby1974 wrote:I agree that with the addition of VJax and OL help, the running game will open up. To spend the #5 on Trent and bypass the top CB or DL in the draft would be foolish given the hot mess their Defense was last year. Take Claiborn at #5 and nab a speedster RB later in the draft to help shake things up.
I don't know if Claiborne will be there at 5. Knowing Holgrem's draft history, I could see them taking Claiborne at 4.
Well now that they don't have Hillis, won't land Manning or Flynn, and pretty much lack any roster talent, I could see the Browns drafting anyone from Tannenhill to Trich to the retired body of Jim Brown. :lol: Or more likely trading back.