Jennings
79%

Total votes: 53

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Miles Austin vs Greg Jennings

Postby Steelersfan » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:49 am

Thanks for the input guys! I prefer Jennings as well but I thought it would be a lot closer...

GridIronFavre
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby GridIronFavre » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:33 pm

Water Buffalo wrote:So it seems Jennings is a landslide winner here as I expected. I'm curious how everyone feels he compares to other WRs though.

How about:

Jennings vs Julio
Jennings vs Cruz
Jennings vs Nicks
Jennings vs Wallace
Jennings vs Fitz

Who do you prefer in these situations?
The only one of those 5 WRs that I would take over Jennings is Fitz
Start: 2 QB, 3 RB, 5 WR, 2 TE (All TDs=6, 1 per 10 rush/rec, 1 per 25 pass, NO PPR) 8 teams
QB: Rodgers, Vick, Cutler, Schaub, Luck
RB: Rice, CJ, McFadden, Richardson, Stewart, Ingram, Spiller, Vereen
WR: Green, Marshall, Roddy, Jennings, Roddy, Bowe, Maclin, Britt, A Brown, Williams (TB), Collie, Smith (STL)
TE: Graham, Finley, F Davis, Cook
Taxi Squad: Tebow, Crabtree, Jeffrey, Hill, Gordon

mmmcoreyos
Rookie
Rookie

Postby mmmcoreyos » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:56 pm

At their respective current values, I like Austin better than Jennings. There's going to be enough points to go around in that DAL receiving corps; Miles is still a WR1 (given he stays healthy).

I do think Jennings is more talented though.

OpenFieldAhead
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby OpenFieldAhead » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:45 pm

mmmcoreyos wrote:At their respective current values, I like Austin better than Jennings. There's going to be enough points to go around in that DAL receiving corps; Miles is still a WR1 (given he stays healthy).

I do think Jennings is more talented though.
Health is obviously a key to any player, but feel that Miles perceived value really took a nose dive because of the hammy issues. He came out of the gates this year firing (14 rec, 240 yds, 4 TDs), before going down and was never quite right after that. Hard to really project, but him and Britt could have had really big years last year!
12 Team- PPR Dynasty, QB,2-3RB,3-4WR,1-2TE,K,DEF
QB: KCousins, CKaepernick
RB: DJohnson, DMurray, KDixon, DBooker, CThompson, JWilliams
WR: MEvans, SWatkins, KAllen, TMontgomery, WFuller, MLee, KWhite, JDoctson, CPatterson, DFunchess
TE: DWalker, CBrate, VDavis, ASJ
DEF: Carolina
2016 Picks: 1.09, 1.10, 2.09, 2.10, 3.09, 4.05, 4.09, 4.10

mrockwell
Role Player
Role Player

Postby mrockwell » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:46 pm

Surprised no one has mentioned Dez in this debate. No doubt at this point Austin is the better WR but you can't argue with the fact that Dallas drafted Dez to be their wr1. That doesn't mean he will be that but I think he is gradually improving and is an unbelievable physical specimen compared to Austin. Greg Jennings is the clear cut #1 on his team.
Follow me on Twitter @Mark_Rockwell85

NJKV
Starter
Starter

Postby NJKV » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:52 pm

mrock85 wrote:Surprised no one has mentioned Dez in this debate. No doubt at this point Austin is the better WR but you can't argue with the fact that Dallas drafted Dez to be their wr1. That doesn't mean he will be that but I think he is gradually improving and is an unbelievable physical specimen compared to Austin. Greg Jennings is the clear cut #1 on his team.
I think Dez helps Miles Austin case IMO. Austin plays out of the slot a lot which I think makes him a great PPR option. Wes Welker was still a beast as PPR when Randy Moss was there. I think it is close but in PPR I think when Austin he is healthy is pretty darn good.

jd5016
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby jd5016 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:17 pm

mrock85 wrote:Surprised no one has mentioned Dez in this debate. No doubt at this point Austin is the better WR but you can't argue with the fact that Dallas drafted Dez to be their wr1. That doesn't mean he will be that but I think he is gradually improving and is an unbelievable physical specimen compared to Austin. Greg Jennings is the clear cut #1 on his team.

Ok, I dont disagree that Jennings is the #1 in GB, but to make a statement that he is a clear cut #1 sounds like he is on an island and is head and shoulders above his teammates. Jordy led Jennings in all categories but targets, and they both had 71 receptions. If we took Jennings' season averages and used them to account for his 3 missed games he would have had 16 more receptions, 228 more yards, 25 more targets, and 2 more TDs. That would have put his season totals at 87 receptions, 1,217 yards, 133 targets, and 11 TDs.

The season totals would have looked like this:
Jennings: 87 rec, 1,217 yards, 133 targets, 11TDs
Nelson: 71 rec, 1,302 yards, 103 targets, 15 TDs
Finley: 59 rec, 804 yards, 102 targets, 8 TDs

With company like that it is hard to say that Jennings, or anyone in a similar situation, is a clear cut #1.

Also, I think this discussion may be changed a bit now that Laurent Robinson has backed his bags and left Dallas.

lukeb
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby lukeb » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:02 pm

I'll still take Jennings. I think Dez value goes up more, now that Laurent is gone plus he's a 3rd year WR
DLF Writer and Forum Moderator
Follow me on Twitter at dynastyluke