Where does Cam go in a PPR start-up?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
andrewfroboy
Captain
Captain

Where does Cam go in a PPR start-up?

Postby andrewfroboy » Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:00 pm

So unfortunately I am losing the team in my signature....long story... any how I want to get Cam back, is he a first rounder? I think I'd take him probably with anything but the first pick, is that crazy?
10 Team PPR, 6 point QB TD pass, Starts 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2RB/WR/TE, 1K, 1D/ST
QB: Cam Newton, Matt Ryan, Josh Freeman, Carson Palmer
RB: Jamaal Charles, Maurice Jones-Drew, Chris Johnson, Jahvid Best, Jonathan Stewart, DeAngelo Williams, Taiwan Jones
WR: AJ Green, Julio Jones, Greg Little, Marques Colston, Michael Crabtree, Antonio Brown, Leonard Hankerson, Damian Williams, Pierre Garçon
TE: Jimmy Graham, Jermichael Finley, Aaron Hernandez
K: Mason Crosby
D/ST: Lions
2012: 3 3 4

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Where does Cam go in a PPR start-up?

Postby skip » Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:26 pm

Late 1st/early 2nd...after Rodgers minimally for QBs.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Water Buffalo
Legend
Legend

Postby Water Buffalo » Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:29 pm

skip wrote:Late 1st/early 2nd...after Rodgers minimally for QBs.
I'd say this is probably about right.

Off the top of my head, I'd take Rodgers, Foster, McCoy, Rice, Calvin, AJ Green and perhaps a few others ahead of him but not much more than that. He's already proven himself a difference making stud and he's ridiculously young. Those types of guys are hard to come by.

I'd bump him down a bit in leagues that reward 6 points for all TDs, but in my leagues passing TDs are 4 and rushing are 6 which makes him very, very valuable.

RobertBobson
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby RobertBobson » Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:17 pm

If you want him, you probably have to take him in the first round. i wouldn't think you'd have to grab him at 2,but I think the hype on him is so strong that he's likely going to be the second qb taken in most league, so late first/early second is probably where you'd have to take him. I would not take him that high though, and here's why. I am very skeptical the production from his rushing TD's are repeatable. Of course, they don't NEED to be repeatable because he threw for 4000 yards, and he'll still be valuable. But for me to consider him on a tier with Aarod all by themselves over the next level of elite qbs.. I'm going to need to see this kind of production for another year before I consider him a first rounder.
12 team 1 ppr 6 pt all tds
1 qb 2 rb 2 wr 1 rb/wr 1 te 1k
qb Ryan, Vick, nassib, Barkley
RB DMC, Gore, Sporles, Stacy, Hillman, Moreno,
WR aj green,welker, Britt, Blackmon, DeMary
TE Davis, Cook, Housler, Allen

lic217
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby lic217 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:49 am

You might be better off saying good bye rather then overpaying. I feel your pain. When I think about loosing Aj Green it brings tears to my eyes. Do not over reach though.