Hard Luck Stories Past And Present

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
SpaderDude
Captain
Captain

Hard Luck Stories Past And Present

Postby SpaderDude » Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:07 pm

I commish two leagues and in both cases this year, the Romo owner in each had made it to the championship. Suffice to say, both teams with Romo are going to lose. Romo finished with ZERO points.

In the one league, the owner also had McCoy get hurt, Blount get benched, and Manningham not play (but was in his line-up).

I personally lost the right to play in the championship game by .2 points a couple of years back. To make it worse, I was playing against a team co-owned by two of my brothers (We all know how brothers like to rub it in). They needed like 25 points or so from the Giants defense on a Monday night and got exactly what they needed. They were playing the lowly Redskins with Jason Campbell at QB. Giants recorded like 7 or 8 sacks that night. Redskins were SO bad that they botched a FG attempt in which the holder actually ended up throwing an INT on the play. So, not only did it not take points away from the Giants defense, but gave them some for the INT. Again, lost by .2!!!

Also, lost by 5 in the championship game one year as of all people, Brett Favre- alltime passing TD leader, did not record a single TD pass. Chad Johnson dropped a TD. It was just plain crazy. There were other things as well. Just was not meant to be that year!
Team1

10 Team Dynasty, Roster-30, (must contain 2K & 2Def.) Starters: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D

Stafford, Eli, Rivers
Forte, TRich, D. Wilson, Stewart, Mark Ingram, J. Bell, Christine Michael, Mike James, Tolbert
Calvin, AJG, Julio, Antonio Brown, Gordon, Da'Rick, Streater
Tony G, Finley, Housler, L. Green, Gresham

5, 2014 First Rounders

Team2

12 team, 30-man rosters, 1ppr. Starters: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1K, 1D

Brees, Big Ben
Forte, TRich, D. Wilson, Ingram, Stewart, C. Michael, Franklin, D. Brown, Helu, B. Rainey, CJ Anderson, Tolbert
Calvin, Nicks, Gordon, Stills, Toon, M. Wilson, Drew Davis, Da'Rick
Gronk, Daniels, G. Graham, Celek

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Hard Luck Stories Past And Present

Postby Steelersfan » Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:21 pm

I have Kahlil Bell playing in the championship game in my main $ league that put the ball on the ground inside the 1 only to have a line man scoop up the ball for the TD...time will tell if this will cost me a championship or not.

RobertBobson
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby RobertBobson » Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:25 pm

god that's brutal. Also, how was that a touchdown? I thought you couldn't advance the ball on a fumble. Shoulda been on the 1/2 yard line I thought.
12 team 1 ppr 6 pt all tds
1 qb 2 rb 2 wr 1 rb/wr 1 te 1k
qb Ryan, Vick, nassib, Barkley
RB DMC, Gore, Sporles, Stacy, Hillman, Moreno,
WR aj green,welker, Britt, Blackmon, DeMary
TE Davis, Cook, Housler, Allen

Mangelo
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mangelo » Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:38 pm

Didn't the ball spin right on the goal line? Isn't that a touchback?

Wallace's Warriors
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Wallace's Warriors » Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:46 pm

I had Eli and Bradshaw on Monday night. They scored enough to win me the game. I was up by 3 something points and Bradshaw fumbles running out the clock. Now the Giants are loosing and Manning throws a pick. I lost by less than one after leading by 3 with no of the other teams players to go. My expressions :arrow: :wtf: :crazy: :!: :x :cry: :twisted: :shock:
16 team, No-PPR, 6 pt passing tds
QB: Brady, Schuab, Tannehill
RB: Forte, Charles, Martin, Redman, Carter,R. Jennings, M. Bush, Vereen
WR: Britt, Little, Brown, Wright, Kerley, Sanders, Broyles
TE: Dickson, Cook
K: Zuerlien
DEF: Philidelphia
2013: 2 1sts, 2 2nd
2014: 5 1sts, 1 2nd

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:54 pm

Steelersfan wrote:I have Kahlil Bell playing in the championship game in my main $ league that put the ball on the ground inside the 1 only to have a line man scoop up the ball for the TD...time will tell if this will cost me a championship or not.
And then gets stopped at the 1 inch line... :x

RobertBobson
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby RobertBobson » Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:57 pm

Here's my hard luck story... I was cruising to a wildcard spot in the playoffs when my starting QB went out with a thumb injury, my RB 1 injured his knee, and my wr broke his back and has probably ended his football career, so I ended up not winning another game.

Oh wait, that wasn't me, that was the bears. what a nightmare this season has been for me, fantasy and reality.
12 team 1 ppr 6 pt all tds
1 qb 2 rb 2 wr 1 rb/wr 1 te 1k
qb Ryan, Vick, nassib, Barkley
RB DMC, Gore, Sporles, Stacy, Hillman, Moreno,
WR aj green,welker, Britt, Blackmon, DeMary
TE Davis, Cook, Housler, Allen

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:57 am

Last year in the 1st round of the playoffs it was MNF and my opponent had AJ against the ravens D. They held him in check pretty well all game and the Ravens had the Texans in a 4th down. If they stop the Texans I win because the ravens could have ran out the clock. Instead they convert a 1st to AJ then AJ goes on to get the TD. If the Ravens hold them on 4th I win that game and would have won the next two to get the championship. I got a bit of revenge this year cause the same team faced me in the championship and it looks like I should beat him by 30-40 points.

Another league I was in the semis this year and Brady couldn't get in from the 1 yard line (on two attempts) against the broncos at the end of the game which would have won it for me. If I win in the semis I easily win in the championship and get my 3rd title. Ugh!
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)
1996 | 2005 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2017 – πŸ†
1999 | 2000 | 2019 | 2020 – πŸ₯ˆ

14 team | 4 keepers | non ppr | est. 1996
QB –
RB – Christian McCaffrey | Josh Jacobs
WR – AJ Brown | CeeDee Lamb
TE –

ROCKY MOUNTAIN MASTODONS (0 – 0)
2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020 – πŸ†
2008 | 2012 | 2014 | 2019 – πŸ₯ˆ

12 team | 10 keepers | non ppr | est. 2001
QB – Joe Burrow
RB – Tony Pollard | Kenneth Walker III | Rhamondre Stevenson
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

Overall 2024 Regular Season Record: 0 – 0

Guppy CEO
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Guppy CEO » Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:08 am

many years ago, in a title game far far away, i had peyton in week 17, and he sat out. so i put in my backup, steve mcnair. it was the game that he had 2 turnovers and got hurt so i ended up with like -5 pts. i could have started any other qb that played that weekend and have won the title since i only lost by like 7.
2008 Champion, 2009 runner up, 2011 champ
fear the guppy!!!!!

Team Canada
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Team Canada » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:33 pm

This past day... I had Brees against Sproles and Kasey. If Brees gets enough points I can win this thing, at the beginning of the season I didn't think I could even make it to the playoffs, It's the late 4th quarter now and I got the slimmest of leads. Brees is going for the record and I'm going for the win, he throws a TD and I celebrate!!! until I noticed that Sproles caught the TD... really dissapointed
Don't bet against Nightmarion...he made me look like a fool :)

10 team $250 cap, 0.5 ppr- QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, flex
QB- Brady ($18/2yrs),Ponder ($5/1yr)
RB- CJ ($25/3yrs), AP($25/2yrs), Spiller ($15/2yrs), Martin ($10/4yrs), L.James($2/4yrs)
WR- Dem Thomas ($41/1yr), Nicks ($20/3yrs), Fitzgerald ($20/2yrs), Tampa Mike ($18/2yrs), Jeffery ($6/3yrs), V.Brown($5/1yr)
TE- Graham ($15/2yrs), Brandon Myers ($1/1yr), Dennis Pitta ($1/1yr)
Picks- 1.1, 1.2, 1.4, 1.5, 1.9, 2.9

12 team ppr, QB, RB, WR, TE, 4 flexes
QB- Arod, Fitz, Gabbert
RB- Lynch, Spiller, Ridley, Hunter, Gerhart, Goodson, Benson
WR- Fitz, White, Britt, Maclin, Vjax, Little, Jean, Jenkins, Shipley, Easley, Edelman, Gettis, A.Holmes, Lockette, Morgan, R.Wallace
TE- V.Davis, Stocker, J.Thomas, DJ Williams

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:13 pm

Steelersfan wrote:
Steelersfan wrote:I have Kahlil Bell playing in the championship game in my main $ league that put the ball on the ground inside the 1 only to have a line man scoop up the ball for the TD...time will tell if this will cost me a championship or not.
And then gets stopped at the 1 inch line... :x
I lost by 1.1... :(

SpaderDude
Captain
Captain

Postby SpaderDude » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:27 pm

^^^That blows.

I was up 45 points in a redraft. If I could hold off opponent, I'd win $700 for 3rd place. If I lose, I'd finish in 5th and get nothing. Well, Brees and Colston did me in tonight. Lost by nine :x
Team1

10 Team Dynasty, Roster-30, (must contain 2K & 2Def.) Starters: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D

Stafford, Eli, Rivers
Forte, TRich, D. Wilson, Stewart, Mark Ingram, J. Bell, Christine Michael, Mike James, Tolbert
Calvin, AJG, Julio, Antonio Brown, Gordon, Da'Rick, Streater
Tony G, Finley, Housler, L. Green, Gresham

5, 2014 First Rounders

Team2

12 team, 30-man rosters, 1ppr. Starters: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1K, 1D

Brees, Big Ben
Forte, TRich, D. Wilson, Ingram, Stewart, C. Michael, Franklin, D. Brown, Helu, B. Rainey, CJ Anderson, Tolbert
Calvin, Nicks, Gordon, Stills, Toon, M. Wilson, Drew Davis, Da'Rick
Gronk, Daniels, G. Graham, Celek

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:55 am

Romo ambushed a bunch of championship teams in the leagues I'm in, both my teams and others. Only one team was strong enough to overcome his goose-egg. In another league, the brees-sproles TD lost me another championship game by about 1.5 points.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Major_Loser
Starter
Starter

Postby Major_Loser » Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:13 am

Was up by 26.4 last night with just Brees to go. I lost by under 2 points because the Saints were up by 19 with 4 left in the 4th and they were still throwing. Bad night to play Brees I guess.
Team 1
12 team .5 PPR league
1 Qb, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 RB/WR/TE
QB: Herbert, Tannehill
RB: Josh Jacobs, Dobbins, Charbs, Ford
WR: Chase, Waddle, AJB, Mike Evans, Michael Thomas, Rashid Shaheed
TE: Waller, Chig, Njoku

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:57 am

Not only did I lose in my $ league by 1.1 points but I lost in the DLF Redraft League by 1.5...at least I got one championship in the DLF Invitational League...