Top 10 NFL WRs under 25 years old?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
bobbytheo3
Starter
Starter

Re: Top 10 NFL WRs under 25 years old?

Postby bobbytheo3 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:01 pm

Victor Cruz with another monster game. Moving up boards quickly.
___________________ is without a doubt the Fantasy Football guru of Philadelphia.

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:31 am

DemThom getting any love?
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)
1996 | 2005 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2017 – πŸ†
1999 | 2000 | 2019 | 2020 – πŸ₯ˆ

14 team | 4 keepers | non ppr | est. 1996
QB –
RB – Christian McCaffrey | Josh Jacobs
WR – AJ Brown | CeeDee Lamb
TE –

ROCKY MOUNTAIN MASTODONS (0 – 0)
2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020 – πŸ†
2008 | 2012 | 2014 | 2019 – πŸ₯ˆ

12 team | 10 keepers | non ppr | est. 2001
QB – Joe Burrow
RB – Tony Pollard | Kenneth Walker III | Rhamondre Stevenson
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

Overall 2024 Regular Season Record: 0 – 0

hamburglar
All Pro
All Pro

Postby hamburglar » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:27 am

i tend to think eric decker isn't even the best under 25 yrs old wr on his team... he didnt score cause he was injured but no love for demaryius thomas?

hamburglar
All Pro
All Pro

Postby hamburglar » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:28 am

and granted he had a shitty year but no desean jackson? his talent didnt evaporate -- he just acted the bitch this season... im guessing he turns it around in 2012-- maybe not in philly but somewhere.

ConnSKINS26
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ConnSKINS26 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:42 pm

hamburglar wrote:and granted he had a shitty year but no desean jackson? his talent didnt evaporate -- he just acted the bitch this season... im guessing he turns it around in 2012-- maybe not in philly but somewhere.
He still wouldn't sniff my top ten WR's under 25 years old list. Not enough talent, and too frustrating to own.

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby MR ROURKE » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:59 am

I like youth and upside. Upside likely factors more into my list.

1. Nicks
2. Green
3. Britt
4. Wallace
5. Maclin
6. Bryant
7. DemThomas
8. J.Jones
9. J.Baldwin
10. Little

I'm probably a bigger Baldwin and DemThomas fan then most. I thought DemThomas was slightly better then Dez coming out, but the injuries caused a downgrade in my view. I think J.Baldwin could be huge if he gets his act together. Little was pretty raw coming out, so his progression is behind many WR's coming out. Hankerson being a name that missed the list. I don't believe in Cruz at this time to want him over anyone on the list.

cha
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby cha » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:10 am

melish1631 wrote:
Wallace's Warriors wrote:Wallace
Maclin
Green
Nicks
Jones
Britt
Bryant
Brown
Decker
Little
I like this list but I might flip Maclin and Nicks...
I am not sure I get behind any list that excludes Stevie Johnson

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby MR ROURKE » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:44 am

cha wrote:I am not sure I get behind any list that excludes Stevie Johnson
Not sure I'm behind any list that does include S.Johnson :wave:

cha
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby cha » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:01 pm

MR ROURKE wrote:

:shh:

82 1073 10

68 872 6

Mangelo
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mangelo » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:19 pm

I think Stevie Styles killed Tattoo b/c Mr Rourke has a grudge against him. Last year he said the primary reason Stevie was good was because defenses were occupied with Lee Evans.

Not too many guys on that list can say they got the better of Revis in 2 meetings.

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby MR ROURKE » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:30 pm

cha wrote:
MR ROURKE wrote:

:shh:

82 1073 10

68 872 6
With Lee Evans pulling double coverage last year... average Steve Johnson looked good. S.Johnson is nothing more then a WR2 in the NFL. He's not good enough to be a number one WR, but is good enough to take advantage of weak coverage with another WR getting the defensive attention to be a good #2. I've been saying this long enough, that the rest of the people on this site should see the light at some point and stop over valuing Steve Johnson. If I an judging the top 10 WR's under 25, my list will not include anyone that I don't think can be a #1 WR for a team in the NFL. However, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

cha
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby cha » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:54 pm

Mangelo wrote:I think Stevie Styles killed Tattoo b/c Mr Rourke has a grudge against him. Last year he said the primary reason Stevie was good was because defenses were occupied with Lee Evans.

Not too many guys on that list can say they got the better of Revis in 2 meetings.
Lee Evans? He hasn't had a decent year since 2008 and really only had one great year in 2006. If you hadn't brought him up here I would have forgotten about him.

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby MR ROURKE » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:18 am

Mangelo wrote:I think Stevie Styles killed Tattoo b/c Mr Rourke has a grudge against him. Last year he said the primary reason Stevie was good was because defenses were occupied with Lee Evans.
Not a grudge. I just didn't understand how people were getting so caught up in S.Johnson last year. When players out perform their skill level and get over hyped, I point it out. It may not be popular, but that's what I see and I'm not afraid of having a different view. Not that Stevie Johnson is horrible or something, but I think people got a little carried away with what Stevie Johnson was and the coverage he was facing.

Stevie Johnson has 129 targets last year and 82 catches. He's got 120 targets this year and 68 catches. So targets are about the same and actually on track to be higher this year, but his yards are down, TD's are down, and catch percentage is down.

Lee Evans was highly under appreciated to me and a much better WR then his stats. Being the only weapon on the Bills team meant that defenses focused on taking him out of the game. If L.Evans wasn't left to die on the Bills roster with no talent around him, I believe he would have been seen in a different light.

cha
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby cha » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:59 am

MR ROURKE wrote:
Not a grudge. I just didn't understand how people were getting so caught up in S.Johnson last year. When players out perform their skill level and get over hyped, I point it out. It may not be popular, but that's what I see and I'm not afraid of having a different view. Not that Stevie Johnson is horrible or something, but I think people got a little carried away with what Stevie Johnson was and the coverage he was facing.

Stevie Johnson has 129 targets last year and 82 catches. He's got 120 targets this year and 68 catches. So targets are about the same and actually on track to be higher this year, but his yards are down, TD's are down, and catch percentage is down.

Lee Evans was highly under appreciated to me and a much better WR then his stats. Being the only weapon on the Bills team meant that defenses focused on taking him out of the game. If L.Evans wasn't left to die on the Bills roster with no talent around him, I believe he would have been seen in a different light.
Sort of like Calvin Johnson in Detroit(prior to this season that is).....oh wait.....

Lee Evans was fast....I will give him that.....

Krang
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krang » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:29 am

cha wrote:
MR ROURKE wrote:

Sort of like Calvin Johnson in Detroit(prior to this season that is).....oh wait.....

Lee Evans was fast....I will give him that.....
LOL, you can't compare Megatron and Evans because they aren't even close to the same player. But that doesn't mean that Evans couldn't have been better than he ended up being had he not been banished by the football gods to a mostly terrible Bills offense.

That argument aside, given the other guys on most of these lists, I also would not rank Stevie among them right now. Dude needs to learn how to not hurt his team with terrible penalties and drops that cost them games first