Anyone Trust Roy Helu (or Mike Shanny) Longterm?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
MikeCross
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Anyone Trust Roy Helu (or Mike Shanny) Longterm?

Postby MikeCross » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:09 am

lake3711 wrote:That was a bummer. Shanahan is a weird dude. Maybe he will start Tashard Choice this week.

I don't understand why you wouldnt want your young players to get some experience, or get a chance to evaluate them. Or just try to win because Helu is better.
He's def starting Choice this week.
"Ize jus bein rebellion... inda scrip cluh"
Adam "PacMan" Jones

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:05 pm

MikeCross wrote:
lake3711 wrote:That was a bummer. Shanahan is a weird dude. Maybe he will start Tashard Choice this week.

I don't understand why you wouldnt want your young players to get some experience, or get a chance to evaluate them. Or just try to win because Helu is better.
He's def starting Choice this week.
Which means someone else is definitely starting. 8-)
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:50 pm

skip wrote:I've said my peace on this topic already. If you can't bank on 8 years of evidence then you are a lost cause. I don't trust Shanahan THIS WEEK, much less long term. The second that Tashard Choice gets healthy, guaranteed he gets his week to start while Helu (assuming he is even still the starter) gets the bench. Shanny's system may work great for him, but for fantasy owners it is a nightmare. I would love to have Helu on my team if played in any other offense. But not in Washington. His talent will be wasted.
As a followup to this...from rotoworld today:

Redskins coach Mike Shanahan said Friday that he anticipates Tashard Choice playing in Week 11 against the Cowboys.
As usual, the Redskins will determine Choice's role during the game, based on "feeling." Said Shanahan of Choice, "I like the way he hits the holes. He'll get some opportunities to play in this game." Feel free to pick up Choice in 10- and 12-team leagues, but he won't be a fantasy option in his Redskins debut.

I have a well-documented distrust in all things Shanahan, but if I am a gambling man I'd expect Choice to lead the Redskins in carries in week 11.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

kiddragonsoft
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kiddragonsoft » Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:33 pm

I friggin hate rat tooth with a passion.
QB: C Wentz, D Lock, M Stafford (IR)
RB: N Chubb, D Henry, M Mack, M Boone
WR: Julio, A Cooper, AJ Brown, T Lockett, N Harry, TY Hilton
TE: J Cook, T Higbee, N Fant
K: Y Koo, R Bullock
D: Chiefs, Steelers

12 Teams Dynasty League, 19 Players Roster, Standard Scoring/Pass TD 3pts
Roster Restriction: Must carry at least 2 at each position, including defense.
Start 1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 D

lake3711
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby lake3711 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:25 am

skip wrote:
skip wrote:I've said my peace on this topic already. If you can't bank on 8 years of evidence then you are a lost cause. I don't trust Shanahan THIS WEEK, much less long term. The second that Tashard Choice gets healthy, guaranteed he gets his week to start while Helu (assuming he is even still the starter) gets the bench. Shanny's system may work great for him, but for fantasy owners it is a nightmare. I would love to have Helu on my team if played in any other offense. But not in Washington. His talent will be wasted.
As a followup to this...from rotoworld today:

Redskins coach Mike Shanahan said Friday that he anticipates Tashard Choice playing in Week 11 against the Cowboys.
As usual, the Redskins will determine Choice's role during the game, based on "feeling." Said Shanahan of Choice, "I like the way he hits the holes. He'll get some opportunities to play in this game." Feel free to pick up Choice in 10- and 12-team leagues, but he won't be a fantasy option in his Redskins debut.

I have a well-documented distrust in all things Shanahan, but if I am a gambling man I'd expect Choice to lead the Redskins in carries in week 11.
Hey Mike Shanahan!

Do you still like the way Choice hits the hole? And do you like the way Torain pass-blocks? I watched the Skins game and I did not like the way Tashard Choice hits the hole. He never really makes it to the hole because he always gets blown up running through the wrong hole.

I don't know what Shanahan is up to, but if he ever gives Helu a fair shot, Helu could get hot in weeks 14-16 with a soft playoff schedule.

Eventually he has to give the job to Helu. Just like he learns in each of the past two games, he has to turn to Helu because he has no choice. Torain and Choice suck! (I cant believe they are both on my roster)
12 Team PPR, QB 6points Pass TD, Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1flex

QB: Justin Herbert, Sam Darnold
RB: Saquon Barkley, Rhamondre Stevenson, D'Andre Swift, Javonte Williams, Jamaal Williams, D'Onta Foreman
WR: DK Metcalf, Christian Watson, Nuk Hopkins, Keenan Allen, Brandon Aiyuk, Gabe Davis
TE: Greg Dulcich, Trey McBride, Jake Ferguson

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:20 pm

Redskins waived RB Tashard Choice.
The Redskins have opted to replace Choice with practice squad RB Evan Royster after seeing just six carries for seven yards in one game from the Ex-Cowboy. Choice did a lot of talking in his three weeks with the club, but failed to impress on the field. Flirting with a per-carry average near 2.0, Choice won't draw much interest league-wide.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

kiddragonsoft
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kiddragonsoft » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:40 pm

Coach Mike Shanahan admitted that he isn't ready to commit to Roy Helu as a full-time back yet.
Shanahan has started Ryan Torain in each of the last two games, but used Helu to close games out. "I like Helu. He's doing some great things," Shanahan said. "I don't want to put too much pressure on him too early. He's not ready for that." There are no signs that the Redskins will move away from their three-headed backfield committee anytime soon. Helu has averaged 9.5 touches per game over the last two weeks.
Source: Washington Post Nov 22 - 10:35 AM

tdorbust
Role Player
Role Player

Postby tdorbust » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:09 am

MARKinMI wrote:
Krang wrote:
MARKinMI wrote: I couldn't disagree more. If your trying to rebuild I think a perfect place to start is having a potential 3 down RB who has game breaking potential. Once Shannahan finds his guy he rides him. Look at all the 1,000 yard rushers shannahan has had in the past. His problem in Denver was that they didnt stay healthy from one year to the next. I'd absolutely hold Helu right now and see where he takes you. Especially in a rebuilding situation.
That's why I'd try to sell him to someone like you :D

I don't disagree with holding onto him, but if someone made me a sweet offer I would have zero reservation about taking it. I don't see him as a future stud personally, but that's the beauty of fantasy football - I could be completely wrong, haha.
I didn't say i was buying..... I'm speaking to the posters situation. Why sell a rookie RB that has shown promise and could be one of the rare 3 down RBs in the NFL? Where does that get you? A draft pick you could spend on another rookie RB? Players like Helu are what you want if youre trying to rebuild.
Cause 1000 yards is so good right? Lets say he does 1000, 4 tds, 32 receptions, 160, 1 td

League where its 6=Td and 25=yards
Thats 108 points on the season
Thats less than 7 points a game, pretty worthless as J-Stew a "backup" is better than that

3 down backs = nothing

While I like Helu him being with Shannahan is a death sentence, although if you dont mind rostering him for 4 years or so and waiting for him to move another team you might get paid off.
Go Pack Go!

voiceofunreason
MVP
MVP

Postby voiceofunreason » Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:40 pm

Okay, after all the stupid trade Helu advice, NOW you can trade him for something worthwhile if you don't believe in him. Hope all those guys who traded earlier enjoy those third round picks next year. He might not be the next Portis or TD but he's got potential. I've said it many times, he has a chance to be good and Shanahan will play him if he plays well.

Not one rookie rb has done a thing this year, I really think it's more of a no offseason problem than a Shanahan problem. I do understand people wanting to trade him but when you're only doing it because he plays for Shanahan, it's stupid. Get something back or hang onto him.

kiddragonsoft
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kiddragonsoft » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:11 pm

It will be funny when royster is the featured back next week. I wasnt ever going to trade him. This is dynasty after all. Im glad i held on to him now. I just hope there is no more shananigans.

ascherb
Starter
Starter

Postby ascherb » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:15 am

I play in a .5 PPR league and it seems like he could be a stud in that type of format. And it's dynasty, so there's a good chance Helu outlasts Shanny in DC.
Please give us a visit for awesome FF content:

extrapointff.com

COOL_HAND_LUKE
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby COOL_HAND_LUKE » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:37 am

where do people rank Helu as far as dynasty RBs go?

@donovanhorn
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby @donovanhorn » Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:20 pm

I would definitely shop him and see what kind of offers come your way and then determine which is better for you long term. You could even come back here to get advice on that. When Torain looked like he might be the guy earlier in the year I was able to net Antonio Brown and Lawrence Timmons from a RB needy team

Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Postby Chris_R » Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:39 pm

I'm not very high on Helu as long as Shanny is the coach. I had offers to get him for my Kendall Hunter and I passed early in the season, and while Helu showed he can be a monster I don't know how consistent he'll be with the way RB's rotate in and out of that offense and churn out 100 yard games. Torain has done it, Royster did it and was a pretty good back in College himself, maybe they draft a guy late again, who knows. I don't think in the future you could rely on Helu as a RB1 or RB2 consistently through a season.
12 Team ppr Dynasty IDP Superflex
1 QB, 1 QB/RB, 1 RB, 1 WR, RB/WR, WR/TE, 1 TE, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 DL/LB/DB

QB: Dak Prescott/Kyler Murray
RB: Jonathan Taylor/James Robinson/D'Onta Foreman/Chris Hubbard/Keontay Ingram
WR: Jamar Chase/Diontae Johnson/Amron St Brown/Courtland Sutton/Rondale Moore/Donovan Peoples-Jones/Christian Watson
TE: Dalton Schultz/Gerald Everett/Greg Dulcich/Jeremy Ruckert

DL: Joey Bosa/Khalil Mack
LB: Leighton Vander Esch/Tremaine Edmunds/Blake Martinez/Telvin Smith/Sean Lee
DB: Earl Thomas/Keanu Neal/Minkah Fitzpatrick/John Johnson

Picks: 2023(three)

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:06 pm

Worst thing Helu coulda done for himself and fantasy owners was get hurt. If he stays healthy I think he hangs onto the job, but Royster showed its all about the zone blocking scheme (a la TD, OGary, Foster, Tate, mike bell, torain etc, etc).
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)
1996 | 2005 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2017 – 🏆
1999 | 2000 | 2019 | 2020 – 🥈

14 team | 4 keepers | non ppr | est. 1996
QB –
RB – Christian McCaffrey | Josh Jacobs
WR – AJ Brown | CeeDee Lamb
TE –

ROCKY MOUNTAIN MASTODONS (0 – 0)
2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020 – 🏆
2008 | 2012 | 2014 | 2019 – 🥈

12 team | 10 keepers | non ppr | est. 2001
QB – Joe Burrow
RB – Tony Pollard | Kenneth Walker III | Rhamondre Stevenson
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

Overall 2024 Regular Season Record: 0 – 0