Ngata for Bowe - should I object?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Madster
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Ngata for Bowe - should I object?

Postby Madster » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:26 pm

In a league of mine Haloti Ngata was just traded straight up for Dwayne Bowe.
I normally don't care if trades appear a bit lopsided, but I am thinking that this trade might be pushing it a bit?

The league is very deep, but with a fairly normal scoring setup and we don't even have a seperate DT spot. The team getting Ngata is hurting at DL, but still.
The guy getting Bowe is also the commisioner of the league, allthough I have no way of knowing if that has anything to do with anything.

What do you guys think?

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Ngata for Bowe - should I object?

Postby meineymoe » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:07 pm

Madster wrote:In a league of mine Haloti Ngata was just traded straight up for Dwayne Bowe.
I normally don't care if trades appear a bit lopsided, but I am thinking that this trade might be pushing it a bit?

The league is very deep, but with a fairly normal scoring setup and we don't even have a seperate DT spot. The team getting Ngata is hurting at DL, but still.
The guy getting Bowe is also the commisioner of the league, allthough I have no way of knowing if that has anything to do with anything.

What do you guys think?
This is one reason I would bring this trade to the attention of the other owners, and question publicly if the commish thinks this is a fair trade...

If either of these owners has questionable trade backgrounds, I would be more adamant about an investigation... but if both owners feel good about the trade, and there isn't a history of the commish abusing n00bish owners, then you have to let it alone.

-oo-

ekassor
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Ngata for Bowe - should I object?

Postby ekassor » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:40 pm

No doubt its a bad trade, but unless you have evidence of collusion you have to let it slide. If its a money league I'd probably give the commish an earful about predatory trades.