Am I wrong about Freeman's dynasty value?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
jnormy
Role Player
Role Player

Am I wrong about Freeman's dynasty value?

Postby jnormy » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:40 pm

I made an offer of Dallas Clark and a 2012 2nd round rookie pick for Josh Freeman and Kellen Winslow. I thought it'd take more to secure my dynasty QB of the future AB (After Brees), but the other guy accepted it in record time as if he was getting the steal of the century.

Am I overestimating the Bucs' QB, or should I be as happy as I am about landing him (and WInslow to boot) for an aging TE with no QB and a 2nd rounder? What's the scoop on Freeman's dynasty value?

blade5
Starter
Starter

Re: Am I wrong about Freeman's dynasty value?

Postby blade5 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:43 pm

If I were you I would be very very very very happy with that trade. Looks like a steal for you. Freeman has the potential to be a stud QB in this league and he can develop while you still have Brees. I am in the same position as you. I have Brady as my QB1 and Freeman as my QB2. Definitely a steal for you and a trade that you should be happy with.

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:46 pm

You absolutely stole Freeman...nice job. :lol:

??Droppedballs??
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby ??Droppedballs?? » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:43 pm

another thing u have to remember is he is only 23 yrs old, he has another dozen yrs in the league, at least, but this was a rediculious offer and i dont know how they accepted that, mabe he has a huge man-crush on dallas clark

jnormy
Role Player
Role Player

Postby jnormy » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:22 pm

??Droppedballs?? wrote:another thing u have to remember is he is only 23 yrs old, he has another dozen yrs in the league, at least, but this was a rediculious offer and i dont know how they accepted that, mabe he has a huge man-crush on dallas clark
He has an excess of young QBs on his roster -- Cam Newton, Sanchez, Cutler, Dalton, along with Freeman -- and put it out there that he was looking to trade Sanchez, Freeman, and/or Cutler for picks. So since Alex Smith was my backup, I put up the best pick I had left and a perceived TE1 for the guy in the group whom I thought had the best upside, but might be considered a buy-low after a slow start this year. Guess he liked it enough, he accepted it literally seconds after I posted it.

I am indeed a happy man, esp. after the positive feedback in this thread. Thanks guys. Backing up Brees was a key goal for me; I've finally got my dynasty team pretty much where I want it. Hoping to build on my 3-0 start! :D

Water Buffalo
Legend
Legend

Postby Water Buffalo » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:09 pm

I'm actually one of the few who is "down" on Freeman and this is still highway robbery for you. I put down in quotes because I don't see him as the perennial top 10 lock that everyone else does, but he's still 23 years old and I think he's got a LOT of time to prove himself further.

For an aging (and that's putting it nicely) TE without his QB that made him useful in the first place and a mediocre 2nd round pick? Yeah, I'd be buying too.

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:02 am

FWIW - I suspect that the Freeman owner's decision was more about overvaluing Dallas Clark than anything about Freeman's value. Clark still carries big name recognition.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:07 am

tstafford wrote:FWIW - I suspect that the Freeman owner's decision was more about overvaluing Dallas Clark than anything about Freeman's value. Clark still carries big name recognition.
Based on who he has put out there and who he didn't, he has clearly bought into Cam Newton. This was a low price for Freeman who still has a big future ahead of him.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

andrewfroboy
Captain
Captain

Postby andrewfroboy » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:12 am

As a Freeman owner, there is no chance I would've traded him for that, I am a bit skeptical about him as a future stud, but whatever the case you didn't give up too much
10 Team PPR, 6 point QB TD pass, Starts 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2RB/WR/TE, 1K, 1D/ST
QB: Cam Newton, Matt Ryan, Josh Freeman, Carson Palmer
RB: Jamaal Charles, Maurice Jones-Drew, Chris Johnson, Jahvid Best, Jonathan Stewart, DeAngelo Williams, Taiwan Jones
WR: AJ Green, Julio Jones, Greg Little, Marques Colston, Michael Crabtree, Antonio Brown, Leonard Hankerson, Damian Williams, Pierre Garçon
TE: Jimmy Graham, Jermichael Finley, Aaron Hernandez
K: Mason Crosby
D/ST: Lions
2012: 3 3 4

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:19 am

skip wrote:
tstafford wrote:FWIW - I suspect that the Freeman owner's decision was more about overvaluing Dallas Clark than anything about Freeman's value. Clark still carries big name recognition.
Based on who he has put out there and who he didn't, he has clearly bought into Cam Newton. This was a low price for Freeman who still has a big future ahead of him.
Not sure I understand what you mean. I absolutely agree that Freeman has great future prospects and that this deal was very favorable to the OP. All I was trying to say is that there are probably still owners who overvalue Dallas Clark.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:42 am

tstafford wrote:
skip wrote:
Not sure I understand what you mean. I absolutely agree that Freeman has great future prospects and that this deal was very favorable to the OP. All I was trying to say is that there are probably still owners who overvalue Dallas Clark.
What I mean is the owner's willingness to move Freeman (who imo is his his best dynasty QB) was based on his premature valuation of Cam's long term outlook. Thus he felt that he lost nothing by dealing him and got what he views as a TE upgrade in the return.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Guppy CEO
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Guppy CEO » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:12 am

i think that this is one of those cases that it's more about the team and less about the individual players. if a team is loaded at QB and can make his TE position better, it doesnt matter as much whether he "won" the trade or not.
2008 Champion, 2009 runner up, 2011 champ
fear the guppy!!!!!

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:44 am

I had Freeman as the QB9 this off-season. He'll probably be in a similar spot when I finish revising them. Dallas Clark with P.Manning is easily a top-3 TE. Without P.Manning...not so much. Given his age along with the current QB situation in Indy, I like this deal for your team in getting Freeman. Nice move.
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars