FantasyPros Forum Challenge

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
dlf_kenm
Administrator

FantasyPros Forum Challenge

Postby dlf_kenm » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:34 pm

Hey all you DLF geniuses,

we have an opportunity to show the world that you, the DLF Community, are the most savvy, fantasy-football smart forum on the web!

FantasyPros.com has invited us to participate in their first ever FantasyPros Forum Challenge. Below is the outline of how it will work. I honestly do not know much more than what is shared below, but as more information is available, I will pass it along.

The contest will begin this Thursday, and we will need at least 100 folks from the forum or site to post their picks each week.

Also a little more info on this here: http://www.fantasypros.com/2011/08/best ... all-forum/

Let's put the beat-down on some of the other major forums out there like RotoWorld, CBS Sports, Footballguys, etc. From what I have seen on the forums here, I have no doubt there are few other forums who can hold a candle to the ability and knowledge of you guys. Now is your chance to prove it!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The FantasyPros Forum Challenge provides a fun way for forums to compete with each other. Our goal is to recognize the best fantasy football communities based on the quality of advice provided by its members.

Every Thursday, Fantasypros will provide DLF with a link to a survey with our 10 most difficult start/sit decisions (only involving players from Sunday/Monday games). Each forum's members will make their predictions up until the first kickoff on Sunday, and FantasyPros will keep track of all the member picks. On Tuesdays, FantasyPros will update a leaderboard to show how each forum ranks based on the accuracy of their start/sit recommendations. After 16 weeks, we'll crown the top forum as the winner of our challenge.

The scoring will be based on each player's fantasy points and the % of the forum members that pick each player to start. This methodology ensures that "every vote counts" toward the forum's score. It also naturally weighs the crucial decisions more (where there's a large spread in points between the players). Here's an example:

Who would you start in week 1, Felix Jones (@NYJ) or DeAngelo Williams (@ARI)? Let's say 60% of Forum A members pick Felix Jones and 40% pick DeAngelo Williams. Forum B has 50% picking Felix and 50% picking DeAngelo. Let's say that Felix ends up scoring 20 points and DeAngelo scores 10 points. The forum scores would be:

Forum A Score = (60% x 20 points) + (40% x 10 points) = 16 points
Forum B Score = (50% x 20 points) + (50% x 10 points) = 15 points

In this case, Forum A would be considered to be more accurate.

So what do you need to do? Just post up the link to the survey and encourage the forum members to cast their votes. Then, once our leaderboard is updated (probably Tuesdays), you can link there to share the results. That's all there is to it. One thing I'll note though, is that we're going to require a minimum of 100 member votes per week to qualify. This will ensure that there's critical mass with the voting so it's truly a community contest. Pinning the contest would obviously help provide visibility, as would encouraging some active debate about the 10 start/sit matchups.

We'll send you the link to the survey this Thursday. Let me know if you have any questions.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: FantasyPros Forum Challenge

Postby meineymoe » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:42 pm

This sounds like great fun! I bet we're up to the challenge...

When we get the link with the questions, I think putting them in as topics, along with the link to the contest, will get us up to 100 participants.

-oo-

WarriorPoet
Role Player
Role Player

Postby WarriorPoet » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:12 pm

Sounds like a good challenge, I'm in.

dlf_kenm
Administrator

Postby dlf_kenm » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:06 am

OK all you fantasy forum gurus, here is the link to the week One Challenge: FANTASYPROS FORUM CHALLENGE - WEEK 1

Good luck to everyone participating, let's get 100 votes in asap and see if we can kick the crap out of the 'big guys' out there.

Thanks!

Madtoker
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Madtoker » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:18 pm

Done!!

shivs
Captain
Captain

Postby shivs » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:44 pm

Done.
"Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it" - Steve Prefontaine

12 Tm, nonPPR, kr's, IDP. QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, RB/WR/TE, K, DL, LB, DB, DL/LB/DB
QB: P. Manning, Glennon, Palmer, Freeman
RB: Peterson, Rice, R. Bush, J. Bell, Pierce, Cunningham
WR: A. Johnson, J. Nelson, Fitzgerald, M. Austin, M. Jones, Givens, Hartline, Wayne (IR)
TE: Graham, Gates, Bostick, Hill
K: Novak
DL: Quinn, Wake
LB: Laurinaitis, Posluszny, Washington
DB: Barron

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:14 pm

Note: The scoring is Standard, not PPR, so keep that in mind when making your picks.

-oo-

dlf_kenm
Administrator

Postby dlf_kenm » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:30 pm

Also, they are running a concurrent contest on their site which is open to everyone. By entering your email address at the end of your entry, that same entry then becomes eligible for their site-wide contest, and from that contest the top 50 most accurate answers will participate in a $500 cash prize, divided among the winners. So if you want to have a shot at an early retirement, be sure to include your email address at the end of the entry.

MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MARKinMI » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:04 am

How do we know if we got to the 100 person minimum?

SpeedKills4914
Role Player
Role Player

Postby SpeedKills4914 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:07 am

This looks like fun. Done!
16 Tm, $90 cap (Keep 12)
QB(1): RGIII-5.5
RB(1): A.Ellington-1.75, D.Wilson-5
WR(2): H.Nicks-5.5, M.Crabtree-4.09, J.Gordon-3.1
TE(1): G.Olsen-2.91, J.Reed-2.3
K(1):
LB(3): D.Johnson-3.75
DL(3):C.Johnson-1.25, R.Quinn-2.74
DB(4): T.J.Ward-4.21
HC(1):
2D 2O FLEX

dlf_kenm
Administrator

Postby dlf_kenm » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:13 am

FantasyPros has released the results of week one of teh Fantasy Pros forum Challenge. And guess what... DLF did well!

http://www.fantasypros.com/contests/start-sit/

Way to go everyone!

The link for the week two challenge will be out later today or early tomorrow, so stay tuned for that. Thanks again everyone, great showing!

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:53 am

dlf_kenm wrote:FantasyPros has released the results of week one of teh Fantasy Pros forum Challenge. And guess what... DLF did well!

http://www.fantasypros.com/contests/start-sit/

Way to go everyone!

The link for the week two challenge will be out later today or early tomorrow, so stay tuned for that. Thanks again everyone, great showing!
We Rock! Keep up the great picks guys! :thumbup:

MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MARKinMI » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:17 am

Looks like the only difference between us and 1st place was missing Eli Manning... you gotta figure they got that one right due to bias, there are after all New York Times Readers. I'm disappointed so many of you guys picked against boldin, i must not be doing my job of spreading the boldin love in the forums lol. STOP SLEEPING ON BOLDIN . Anyhow, no2 last week due to lucky bias lets make it no1 this week. somebody needs to get on week 2 and post the questions so we can all discuss the more difficult ones and come to a consensous before we vote.

Team Canada
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Team Canada » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:28 pm

If you look closely we are only 0.36 points behind 1st place!! :thumbup: and I think 6 points ahead of 3rd place!!
Don't bet against Nightmarion...he made me look like a fool :)

10 team $250 cap, 0.5 ppr- QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, flex
QB- Brady ($18/2yrs),Ponder ($5/1yr)
RB- CJ ($25/3yrs), AP($25/2yrs), Spiller ($15/2yrs), Martin ($10/4yrs), L.James($2/4yrs)
WR- Dem Thomas ($41/1yr), Nicks ($20/3yrs), Fitzgerald ($20/2yrs), Tampa Mike ($18/2yrs), Jeffery ($6/3yrs), V.Brown($5/1yr)
TE- Graham ($15/2yrs), Brandon Myers ($1/1yr), Dennis Pitta ($1/1yr)
Picks- 1.1, 1.2, 1.4, 1.5, 1.9, 2.9

12 team ppr, QB, RB, WR, TE, 4 flexes
QB- Arod, Fitz, Gabbert
RB- Lynch, Spiller, Ridley, Hunter, Gerhart, Goodson, Benson
WR- Fitz, White, Britt, Maclin, Vjax, Little, Jean, Jenkins, Shipley, Easley, Edelman, Gettis, A.Holmes, Lockette, Morgan, R.Wallace
TE- V.Davis, Stocker, J.Thomas, DJ Williams

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:36 pm

The Moss v Boldin and Dez v Lloyd picks got us. Eli v Freeman is a non issue since they scored so close.