Hey DLF'ers: You've asked for it ....

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
dlf_kenm
Administrator

Re: Hey DLF'ers: You've asked for it ....

Postby dlf_kenm » Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:09 pm

Also on the short list of planned features. Stay tuned!

Thanks
ericanadian wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:57 pm Any plans to be able to adjust league size? I assume this one is based on a 12 team model.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:05 am

I've been very critical of trade calculators. When this one was posted to do DLF crew via email for review, I slammed this one as well. As some of you know, I've created my own trade chart (see sig) that took months to create and adjust. It bases values on historical success rates, and compares players via ADP data.

The guys behind the scenes were very receptive to not only mine, but all feedback. They didn't just throw this thing together. All the adjustments they've made through feedback has been incredible.

After all the changes they've made, this is the first trade calculator I fully endorse. Again, if you know me, I don't pander publicly and I certainly don't pander privately. This tool is going to be a game changer.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:04 am

That to me is the power of DLF at times. The willingness to listen to different perspectives & create something out of all the feedback - rather than say it is my way or the highway or let pride get in the way of a better product. The best forum discussions are those as well - rather than 1 person trying to convince another that their viewpoint is the only good viewpoint - the give & take and learning from different vantage points helps you as a dynasty owner. Kudos to everyone involved & thanks for sharing that.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

dlf_jeffh
Administrator

Postby dlf_jeffh » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:16 am

Very well said!
There is No Off-Season!

Jeff Haverlack
@dlf_Jeff
Co-Founder
http://www.dynastyleaguefootball.com

dlf_kenm
Administrator

Postby dlf_kenm » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:56 am

Mike, for the record, myself and the other members of the dev team never remotely took your feedback as you 'slamming' it. You made some good points, it sparked a thoughtful, philosophical discussion regarding what we were trying to achieve with rookie pick valuation. We adjusted our rookie pick value decay curve as a direct result of your feedback, and I feel like there is still room to incorporate what you have built into a later version of the product in some way. So yeah, your feedback as well as all of the feedback we have recieved, was never taken as a negative. It was all discussed, some incorporated, some not, some pinned until a later version.

It know it sounds corny to say this, but this product really is the result of an entire team of really smart people all working together. Each contributing something along the way.

And this really is just the starting point. We have a lot we plan to do with this to further improve features & functionality.

Thanks!

KM

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:57 am

dlf_kenm wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:56 amMike, for the record, myself and the other members of the dev team never remotely took your feedback as you 'slamming' it.
Well I didn't openly slam it. :P What I sent you was my well-written constructive criticism, as did others. Honestly, I was only looking at one particular area at the time, but the rest of it makes absolute sense. Especially given that it's updated based on current MFL ADP I believe? That's brilliant.

But after playing around with the new version for a good 30 minutes trying to find something wrong with it, anything anywhere at all, I couldn't. It's amazing. The work you guys put into it... I couldn't be more proud of the team.

It's truly the greatest one on the internet.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:00 pm

So I've had an opportunity to play around with it - and while I won't use it to actually "evaluate" my own trades, I must say that this is an excellent source of information.

It is a very good way to get all of the information you want about a certain group of players in one spot. The graphing and comparison of trends that it allows people to do on the spot for players they want to compare, phenomenal. The linking to articles at the bottom is a very nice touch too.

I am quite impressed with the work you guys put into this.

Kudos.

dlf_jeffh
Administrator

Postby dlf_jeffh » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:03 pm

Thanks phaded. We're Readlly excited about it. It's been in development for a long time now but with many twists and turns. As Ken M. said above, it's really a testimonial for colloboration. That is obviously imperative to ensure a good product with multiple different valuation opportunities to ensure we strike a balance.
There is No Off-Season!

Jeff Haverlack
@dlf_Jeff
Co-Founder
http://www.dynastyleaguefootball.com

Goirish374
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Goirish374 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:33 pm

it's great that there is a pick valuation slider--but you need to quantify that.

a sexy way to do is to calibrate it by having "this or that" choices for the user to choose one of (think "zeke vs 1.01, Melvin Gordon vs 1.01, Sony Michel vs 1.01" and "Golden Tate vs 3.04, Golden Tate vs. 2.04, Golden Tate vs 1.04" etc.) the specifics aren't important but you get the point, known ADP commodities vs draft picks to have the user's responses tell them what there slider value is.

you could have this right in that upper corner, reminiscent of the polls on the DLFf front page (compact, unobtrusive, login-based info).

it could be 3, 5, 10 one-click questions, whatever you want...or it could be stored for each login, so doing a couple clicks every time you visit the tool will continue to further hone your personal slider.

just a thought.
Dynasty League Football Premium League Almanac:
2020 Champ: me again! (no, for reals!)
2019 Champ: me!
2018 Champ: Qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj
2017 Champ: Irishdoom
2016 Champ: DDT(wakelawyer)
2015 Champ: BigChiefBC

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:45 pm

I just made 2 trades within 24 hours in 1 of my leagues, and the trade calculator graded them as very even:

Trade 1: I gave Jordan Howard, 1.12, 2020 3rd. I got: Daesean Hamilton, 1.10, 2020 2nd. The trade value calculator had me taking a slight loss on that one. I sent the results to my trade partner, stapled & attached to the offer.

Trade 2: Today I traded away Marlon Mack & Trubisky for DJ Moore. The calculator had me getting a tiny gain. It helped me though as I have Brees, Luck, LJax still remaining in the stable, and I needed WRs.

Thanks guys!

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:56 am

I haven't seen this mentioned yet, but I'd love to see a slider or some way to change position values. We start 3 WR, 3 RB, no flex. RBs are worth way more in my league... I'm sure every league has this to some extent.
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:58 am

Forgot to mention it was great overall! Kudos!

Used it on my cell. Worked very well
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:37 pm

Outstanding! !!!

Just curious is it based off half ppr?

Also would love to see 2 Qb and super flex seperate as the value between the two is significant imo.

Either way truly incredible!!!
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff