The Tyreek Hill Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Re: Tyreek Hill

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:30 am

I’m very interested to see if they take a WR in one of the early rounds next week. I’m assuming that it’s a strong possibility since they were reports that they were shopping Hill, even before this horrible story broke.

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:07 am

Weknownothing86 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:46 am Also as others have pointed out it is common for CPS, DCF or whatever it is called in the state to leave the kids with the parents for a little bit after allegations. The last thing they want to do is put the children in foster care.
Absolutely. If it was just Hill, the kid would have been yanked by CPS the second allegations of these type surfaced. As others have mentioned the foster system, CPS, courts, etc. Care very little about the actual welfare of a child. First and foremost, it's a money thing, so the Hills are strong in that department. I know from my personal experience and now with years of donating/volunteering to help both single mothers and fathers, just how horrible the system is in this country. Its laughable what low percentage of cases are actually to help the child and usually the Gov is just figuring their easiest way to a payday. Poor kid.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:07 pm

Last edited by Vcize on Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:21 pm

Vcize wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:07 pm So I guess this happened...

https://twitter.com/mbellina9/status/11 ... 5197614082
I amongst the top Tyreek Hill haters, but I have to say, I think that was accidental. He wanted to make the effort look good but accidentally clipped his foot.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:34 pm

I agree with above. Wanted to make the run more exciting it looked to me.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:24 pm

In my emphatic opinion, Mahomes had a lot more to do with Hill's fantastic '19 season than Hill had to do with Mahomes'. From '17 to '18, Hill had almost double the TDs, 400+ more yards, over a yard more per reception... new highs in every category while Kelce enjoyed exactly the same thing.

For years, I watched Peyton Manning make Indy's roster a perennial division winner in Indy. Then he had his neck thing, and a locked-in double-digit win team every season instantly became one of the league's worst teams with the backup QB at the helm and practically everything else about the roster the same.

That's the degree to which a game-changing QB carries a team, the degree to which it makes its good players suddenly great, its average players -> good, it's below-average -> average... and Mahomes is clearly a game-changing QB.

Losing Hill would, of course, be terrible for KC.

Still probably gonna be a playoff team, folks.

When Peyton lost Harrison, it didn't really matter. Nor when Brady lost Moss (and Welker). Or when Brees lost Graham... special QBs simply find different players to win with.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

usps33
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby usps33 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:17 pm

Forza_Azzurri wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:21 pm
Vcize wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:07 pm So I guess this happened...

https://twitter.com/mbellina9/status/11 ... 5197614082
I amongst the top Tyreek Hill haters, but I have to say, I think that was accidental. He wanted to make the effort look good but accidentally clipped his foot.
Well the dad is the one who posted the video and he used the term “real classy”, so to me, the father doesn’t seem to think this was accidental.

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:03 pm

I don’t own Hill in a single league and I can’t imagine it’s any fun having him on your roster at this point. Same with Kareem, who I had a lot of. Takes the fun out of the whole fantasy football experience. Guy in my home league has been the owner of Aaron, Hill and Hunt. Why even play anymore haha.

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:09 pm

Will be interesting to see if/when KC addresses the position in the draft.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:16 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:24 pm In my emphatic opinion, Mahomes had a lot more to do with Hill's fantastic '19 season than Hill had to do with Mahomes'. From '17 to '18, Hill had almost double the TDs, 400+ more yards, over a yard more per reception... new highs in every category while Kelce enjoyed exactly the same thing.

For years, I watched Peyton Manning make Indy's roster a perennial division winner in Indy. Then he had his neck thing, and a locked-in double-digit win team every season instantly became one of the league's worst teams with the backup QB at the helm and practically everything else about the roster the same.

That's the degree to which a game-changing QB carries a team, the degree to which it makes its good players suddenly great, its average players -> good, it's below-average -> average... and Mahomes is clearly a game-changing QB.

When Peyton lost Harrison, it didn't really matter. Nor when Brady lost Moss (and Welker). Or when Brees lost Graham... special QBs simply find different players to win with.
The Colts didn't have a NFL calibre back up behind Peyton. When they knew it would be bad news about Peyton they didn't even bother getting a QB that could actually play the position. They went with painter so they could get the #1 pick. Luck came in the next season and they started winning 12 games again.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:11 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:24 pm In my emphatic opinion, Mahomes had a lot more to do with Hill's fantastic '19 season than Hill had to do with Mahomes'. From '17 to '18, Hill had almost double the TDs, 400+ more yards, over a yard more per reception... new highs in every category while Kelce enjoyed exactly the same thing.

Hill did well with Smith, though. Smith was the best deep ball passer the year before BECAUSE of Hill. As someone around here already stated, it was the combination of Hill's skillset, combined with Mahomes that tranformed that offense. He was saying it in pre-season, and I wouldn't listen. I admitted I was wrong a few weeks in last year, to him, privately. Mahomes is special, but losing Hill, if he does, will severely hurt that offense. The way defences play the Chiefs with the threat of Hill gone would be very different.

I think the Chiefs are looking at a WC at best. Chargers are the best team in that division, now. Losing several key pieces on that D that was already terrible, along with the potential loss of Hill could mean 9-7 territory. Let's not forget the tough schedule they should see, too.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:18 pm

Mahomes transformed every level of the KC offense, not just the third-level attack with Hill. I assert this as a grateful Kelce owner.
FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:11 pm The way defences play the Chiefs with the threat of Hill gone would be very different.
VERY different? Yeah, see, I just don't think so. A team can find other players to stretch the field vertically, first and foremost according to the QB's ability to deliver the ball there. As effectively as with Hill? Probably not. Still effectively? I've little doubt.

KC scored 31 points in one half against the Pats with Hill completely neutralized by Belichick's game-plan.

One halftime -- that's how long it took Patrick Mahomes in his 19th career start to adjust to life without Tyreek Hill getting any yards in an AFC championship game against one of the best defensive minds of all time. KC wins that OT coin-toss, they probably win that game and go to the Super Bowl, without any help from their defense or Tyreek Hill.

Y'all just don't want to anoint Mahomes for what he is -- already the NFL's best quarterback. The NFL's best quarterback will probably make the playoffs when he has a good O-line, a consistently productive rushing attack year after year almost regardless of its leadback, and the NFL's best combo tight-end. Will he throw 50 TDs again without a superstar WR? Probably not. But it's not like that's a requirement to win the AFC West. KC's defense improves even to just middle of the road next year, and that alone would compensate for losing Hill insofar as their bottom line ability to win football games.
Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:16 pm The Colts didn't have a NFL calibre back up behind Peyton. When they knew it would be bad news about Peyton they didn't even bother getting a QB that could actually play the position. They went with painter so they could get the #1 pick. Luck came in the next season and they started winning 12 games again.
The tanking with Painter was not 'part of the plan'. It directly got Bill Polian fired. He had been GM and Team President for 15 years!

Irsay absolutely expected his team to be competent with Painter in 2011, just as the Pats pivoted to be competitive with Matt Cassel a few years earlier. I was a Colts fan then (because Peyton). I vividly remember.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:37 pm

There is a synergy between Hill and Mahomes. Both are better because of the other. To say Hill can simply be replaced by another deep threat WR ignores what Hill has become as a receiver. Teams have to always account for him and if they play off of him at the line to focus on the deep ball, his short area quickness makes him a threat to turn a 5 yard pass into a TD from anywhere on the field. It is simply undeniable that Hill is special with the ball in his hands. Hill made the entire passing game better by making defenses respect his speed. Defenses had to respect his speed because Mahomes can throw the ball to anywhere on the field. This fact alone opened up the passing game for Kelce and the other receivers. This in turn made Mahomes' job easier when throwing to them. In other words, it was all interconnected as a result of Hill and Mahomes. Without Hill, the offense will not be the same. Mahomes is special, but without Hill, do not be surprised if there are some struggles in the short term.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:06 pm

Above poster was the guy who called it in pre-season. He was right, I was wrong.

@ninotores. OK, they may not play them drastically different, but it will change the effectiveness. There just isn't a 4.25 guy that plays that way on the field with quickness, acceleration etc. like Hill in the league. He is irreplaceable. It will have a negative impact on the team if he's gone. Mahomes is still a premier talent, I agree.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FFChamp
Rookie
Rookie

Postby FFChamp » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:53 am

ninotoreS wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:18 pm
KC scored 31 points in one half against the Pats with Hill completely neutralized by Belichick's game-plan.
Just because Hill did not have any yards does not mean that is the same as life without Hill. He was still on the filed and still had a part in the offence by taking a lot of the attention away from the other players. Without him, its a different offence no question. I do think Mahommes is the real deal however, so I anticipate them still being successful.