Does Anyone Still Believe: N'Keal Harry Edition

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Re: N'Keal Harry will bust

Postby Servo » Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:08 pm

What have these last few drafts shown us RE: the WR position?

It's almost as if it's better to draft a guy who's taken as the WR2 on a team with a good offense/offensive coach or good QB than a defacto "WR1" because they go to a shitty team with no depth chart.

Clearly, a WR needs to prove their game but having Ben Roethlisberger, Drew Brees, Phillip Rivers, etc can make a huge difference. We've seen Juju, Michael Thomas, Sterling Shepard, Will Fuller all have better careers (so far) than guys like Treadwell, Doctson, Coleman. We'll soon find out more about Corey Davis, Mike Williams and John Ross (if there is any hope left for him).

Should N'Keal Harry go to a Baltimore, it could be devastating but if he goes to Seattle and is "stuck" behind Lockett and Baldwin...I'm sure he could blossom there.

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:16 pm

Servo wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:08 pm
Should N'Keal Harry go to a Baltimore, it could be devastating but if he goes to Seattle and is "stuck" behind Lockett and Baldwin...I'm sure he could blossom there.
Seattle is my second favorite landing spot behind KC for any of the rookie WRs.

abecksta
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby abecksta » Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:29 pm

Could he be michael thomas jn the right situation?

New england? Seattle? Green bay? Sf?

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:46 pm

I like Harry a lot and he's tied with AJ Brown for me and will depend on landing spot who I prefer but this is exactly why I prefer taking RB's early in drafts if possible. It just feels to me that the hit rate in rookie drafts is 10000x higher for RB's than WR's.

I still think AJ Brown is the safest WR pick in the draft. Not sure why he isn't getting the most hype.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:09 pm

Titans95 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:46 pm I still think AJ Brown is the safest WR pick in the draft. Not sure why he isn't getting the most hype.
I am increasingly feeling this way inclined myself. Great hands, awesome feel once he's got the ball, and takes and delivers hits like an RB. He might be the closest thing to (deep breath) Juju in this class.

If he lands anywhere remotely competent with slot targets needed, he's going to feed.

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:41 pm

mild wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:09 pm
Titans95 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:46 pm I still think AJ Brown is the safest WR pick in the draft. Not sure why he isn't getting the most hype.
I am increasingly feeling this way inclined myself. Great hands, awesome feel once he's got the ball, and takes and delivers hits like an RB. He might be the closest thing to (deep breath) Juju in this class.

If he lands anywhere remotely competent with slot targets needed, he's going to feed.
Yup, in today's NFL the slot is almost just as valuable as playing outside. Keenan Allen, Juju, MT all play a ton from the slot.

honcho55
All Pro
All Pro

Postby honcho55 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:45 pm

Some quality posts in here, don’t care to tag em specifically haha

Harry has been for half a year, and currently is my 1.01. But it’s really a tenuous spot. For reasons listed here, pretty much. What I’m bothering to post for is to echo how important the draft is here, for me. I don’t move guys too much based on combine/pro day performances. I’ll budge a little more if serious hype trains start, but that’s a whole different game. Even if I don’t like a guy much, I feel it’s prudent to bump em up if consensus does, for two pretty obvious reasons, if the consensus is right, or if I can flip em.

The only thing that moves my valuations considerably in the offseason here is draft position/landing spot.

Making up two extreme situations to illustrate: say N’Keal drops to the 4th-5th round and Washington takes him. This would telegraph desperation from a team that has weak WR talent throwin a mid/late pick at a “high” ranked guy. Yuck. Drops out of the 1st for me.

Now let’s say Indy trades up for him in the 2nd. This says to me they believe they develop him as that big play, big target radius guy to Luck for years. Lock him in as my 1.01.

I’ve always put lots of stock in draft position, landing spot, and always even more so for WR, but this year seems exceptional for that.
main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -3 for INT
12 team. 2019 champ, 2020 runner up, ‘21 3rd
start 2SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT

QB: T Lawrence, K Cousins, R Wilson, Z Wilson
RB: K Walker, T Ettiene, JK Dobbins, D Gore, J Hasty, D Johnson, L Rountree
WR: JJ, AJB, A Cooper, Juju, C Kirk, J Dotson, N Westbrook-Ikhine, I McKenzie
TE. T Kelce, Pitts, Albert O, D Parham, J O’Shaunessy

1.03, 1.11, 2.02, 2.09
Extra 24 1st

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:31 am

People go on and on and on about players being able to gain weight, but I think if Harry lost maybe 5-10 lbs (and he weighs 228lbs so he can afford to) he could look a lot quicker and flexible out there. ARob went from 220 at the combine to 208 at his proday and was notably quicker and more agile. My own personal opinion is maybe he lost a bit too much weight, but that's neither here nor there I guess. Harry could lose 8lbs and still be at 220.

ebsteelers
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ebsteelers » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:53 am

Titans95 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:41 pm

Yup, in today's NFL the slot is almost just as valuable as playing outside. Keenan Allen, Juju, MT all play a ton from the slot.

I don't think he is getting more hype because hes safe.. probably will never be the best wr in the nfl, but also wont bust out in 3 years.

but shhh lets keep quiet on aj :)

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:34 am

ninotoreS wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:35 pm
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:42 am
Although (David) Johnson's measurables are virtually unmatched in this running back class, his tape reveals an avoid-contact runner with stiff hips, sluggish feet, and little to no power due to an upright style.
OH NOES BUT THE TAPE SEZ!!!!!!

Don't overthink it.
David Johnson looked like a new player at his Senior Bowl, practices and game. The collegiate tape flaws diminished or disappeared. Seemed like he finally got some proper coaching on pad-level, and he was immediately responsive to it. In hindsight, this foreshadowed what was to come.
Odd. I loved his college tape and also think (besides the feet) that scouting report is still pretty accurate, just incomplete. People see "220lb" and think he should be trucking people but he's 6'1"; he does not have the BMI of a power back. I think he has improved as a pure RB that he's now got plenty enough wiggle and has so much velocity that he sheds arm tackles with ease.

jaykay22
Starter
Starter

Postby jaykay22 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:46 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:31 am People go on and on and on about players being able to gain weight, but I think if Harry lost maybe 5-10 lbs (and he weighs 228lbs so he can afford to) he could look a lot quicker and flexible out there. ARob went from 220 at the combine to 208 at his proday and was notably quicker and more agile. My own personal opinion is maybe he lost a bit too much weight, but that's neither here nor there I guess. Harry could lose 8lbs and still be at 220.
I've had the same thought myself, as well, for both Harry and Harmon. Harmon measured at 6'2 221 at the combine and while being a very good technician, he tested pretty terribly. I wonder if he'd be more complete as a prospect at 210 or so?
#FreeCoreyDavis

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:46 pm

Krypto_King wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:34 am Odd. I loved his college tape and also think (besides the feet) that scouting report is still pretty accurate, just incomplete...

...has so much velocity that he sheds arm tackles with ease.
Pad level at the moment and point of contact is very important for RBs to be good in the pros long term as a featured runner. Aside from generally keeping an RB healthier, it helps a runner shed or deflect tackles to fall forward or break free. DJ's pad level was sloppy in college, and he didn't run angry, so scouts saw the tape and concluded that DJ was a runner lacking the power and instincts for between the tackles work in the NFL.
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:31 am ARob went from 220 at the combine to 208 at his proday
Woah. Really? I never heard/saw this. It explains so much about the disparity between those two workouts.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

PTW32
Captain
Captain

Postby PTW32 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:22 am

I've really started digging into the recievers in this draft and I've been trying to come up with a reasonable comp for Harry.

After watching some tape i started thinking maybe Hakeem Nicks.

Nicks 6'1, 212, 4.63 40, 36 Vert
Harry 6'2 228 4.53 40, 38 Vert

College Production
Nicks 36 games, 2840 yards, 21 TDs
Harry 37 games, 2889 yards, 22 TDs

Harry is alittle bigger and a slightly better athlete by the testing numbers. Nicks had massive hands but i think Harry might be a more natural catcher of the football.

Nicks was picked #29 in the nfl draft and ive seen Harry projected anywhere from 25 - 40.

What do you guys think?
Team 1 10 Team PPR QB, 2RB, 3WR, 2TE, 3Flex

QB: Feilds, Lance, Stafford
RB: Javonte, Charbonnet
WR: Godwin, Boyd, Aiyuk, Mingo, Downs
TE: Kincaid, Kraft, Schoonmaker

Team 2 10 Team PPR QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 3Flex
QB: Lamar, Baker
RB: Barkley, Jonathan Taylor, Ekeler, Sanders, Dillon, Pierce
WR: Diggs, Hill, Lockett, Addison
TE: Andrews, Hurst, Logan Thomas

Team 3 12 Team PPR (keep 16)
QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3Flex

QB: Kyler, Feilds
RB: CMC, Javonte, Dobbins, Dillo, Brian Robinson
WR: AJB, Godwin, DJ Moore, Keenan, Lamb, Burks, Toney
TE: Kittle, Hockenson

Johnny B. Goode
Starter
Starter

Postby Johnny B. Goode » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:05 am

Dynasty n00b wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:22 am I've really started digging into the recievers in this draft and I've been trying to come up with a reasonable comp for Harry.

After watching some tape i started thinking maybe Hakeem Nicks.

Nicks 6'1, 212, 4.63 40, 36 Vert
Harry 6'2 228 4.53 40, 38 Vert

College Production
Nicks 36 games, 2840 yards, 21 TDs
Harry 37 games, 2889 yards, 22 TDs

Harry is alittle bigger and a slightly better athlete by the testing numbers. Nicks had massive hands but i think Harry might be a more natural catcher of the football.

Nicks was picked #29 in the nfl draft and ive seen Harry projected anywhere from 25 - 40.

What do you guys think?
If you're looking at just numbers, sure, but IMO they are very different types of WRs

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:27 am

Titans95 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:41 pm

Brown is getting plenty of Hype. The reality is Brown can play slot but will probably play outside more in the NFL. He is pretty big for a slot type. Like Keenan and JuJu he is a versatile player. In most fantasy drafts I expect him to be a top 3 WR drafted. He needs to improve game speed but there is a lot to like with this player.

I comp him to D. Adams as his style but I can see how one could think JuJu due to versatility.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts