Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Marquise Brown is the best value in the draft

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:32 am

alewilliam789 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:27 am
tresskid84 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:30 pm
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:12 pm

:shock:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Literally didn’t even see that. Sorry y’all I post from an Iphone so sometimes stuff can get jumbled. Just so happens v is next to c on my keyboard :wtf:

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:21 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:32 am
alewilliam789 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:27 am
tresskid84 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:30 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: Literally didn’t even see that. Sorry y’all I post from an Iphone so sometimes stuff can get jumbled. Just so happens v is next to c on my keyboard :wtf:
Me neither:

The obvious response was:

DOH!
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:49 am

alewilliam789 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:02 pm
OhCruelestRanter wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:10 am I’m not a Hollywood Brown stan, but I have to agree that right now he’s one of the best values in this draft at his 2.02 ADP. His production profile, even with the concerning late breakout age, is still better than that of the RBs going ahead of him.

Having said that, that’s almost certainly going to rise because he’s going to be drafted early. My guess is you’ll have to spend the 1.04-1.06 to get him in 1QB, and while he might be the 4th-6th best player in this class, that still seems like an indictment of this draft class than an endorsement of Brown.
I mean John Ross went top 10 in the NFL draft and he was a late first/early second in all my rookie drafts. Not necessarily the same player, but NFL valuations somewhat influence fantasy, but sometimes the dynasty community has a mind of its own. I would never incest in a player who is under 170 pounds, bad breakout age, and under 30% Dominator Rating with a dynasty 1st round pick let alone top 5. People are also drafting Hakeem Butler top 5 with a historically bad BA for a top WR and I’m not sure about that one either. At least his production/athletic profile is closely comparable with Brandon Marshall.
Counter point re:Ross - the 2017 class was loaded. Fournette, Davis, McCaffery, Williams, and Ross were all Top 10 guys, and then you add Mixon and Cook who were in the discussion for 1.01 for some folks, plus Kamara and Hunt in great situations, Watson, Mahomes, and Trubisky for Superflex, and OJ Howard, Engram, Njoku in leagues where TEs are valuable, and I can see why Ross wasn’t boosted as much by his draft pedigree.

There’s no RB in this class who’s in the Fournette-CMac-Cook-Mixon range as a prospect. The group of WRs are all kind of similar to the 2017 guys. Given that, I’d expect Hollywood to surge up fantasy draft boards if he’s selected early. We’ll see though.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:28 am

I think no one is arguing that Brown was a good value a few weeks ago as a late 1st early 2nd pick-up, nor is anyone arguing that he will see a good sized bounce in a few weeks when he is likely drafted in the 1st round of the NFL Draft.

millworkguy
Captain
Captain

Postby millworkguy » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:54 pm

Latest CBS (r.j. white) seven round mock, have him going in the 1st, pick 30, to gbp.

If he lands there, I dont see anyone getting a discount on him

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/new ... -32-teams/
PPR IDP Contract Cap:
ConF (16 Team)
DAF (16 team)
DW2- Co-Commish (16 Team)

PPR IDP Salary Cap:
Hardcore - LAC (32 team)
T1 - Commish (12 team)
T2 - Commish (16 Team)

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:00 pm

I also highly doubt he falls to 30.
But if he goes to the Packers; he is inevitably going to be in the 1.01 talk.

This mock also has the Raiders trading up to 1 overall..

millworkguy
Captain
Captain

Postby millworkguy » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:21 pm

Phaded wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:00 pm
Yeah, this guy has been preaching that for a while now
PPR IDP Contract Cap:
ConF (16 Team)
DAF (16 team)
DW2- Co-Commish (16 Team)

PPR IDP Salary Cap:
Hardcore - LAC (32 team)
T1 - Commish (12 team)
T2 - Commish (16 Team)

Dynos
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Dynos » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:55 pm

2019 Champion! 2022 Champion!

Team 1: Superflex, Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 flex WR/TE,1 Sflex

QB:P. Mahomes, R.Tannehill, J.Hurts
RB: E.Elliott,James Robinson, Chris Carson, L.Fournette, T.Etienne , Tony Pollard,hassan haskins,donta foreman, jaylen warren
WR: Justin Jefferson A.J Brown, M.Thomas, Marquise Brown, T.Lockett, skyy moore, romeo doubs, alec pierce Donovan Peoples-Jones, J.Palmer
TE: kyle pitts, juwan johnson,mckitty

2021 Champion!
Team 2: Superflex, Start 1Qb, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex Wr/TE. 1 SFlex, 1 Flex RB/WR/TE
QB: J.Herbert, Z.Wilson, K.Cousins, K.Pickett,K.Mond
RB: J.Taylor, JK Dobbins, N.Harris, N.Hines, G.Edwards, James Cook, J.Ford, Dameon Pierce, P.Strong, D.Foreman (Jermaine Burton Devy)
WR: J.Chase,Garett Wilson , B.Aiyuk, C.Sutton, R.Bateman, G.Davis, M.Hardman,J.Palmer,
TE: D.Waller R.Tonyan, B.Jordan, Cameron Brate, Cade Otton, G.Everett

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:19 pm

I had a chance to watch rookie WR tape all day. I always prep by watching college tape of WRs who are already big, like OBJ, Hopkins, Julio Jones, etc. Then I look for the closest I can get to those guys.

Brown was clearly the upper echelon of WR talent for me. He comes back to the ball, good body positioning, runs great routes, and can make people miss.

I hope he gets paired up with a QB who can throw.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

whodunnit
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby whodunnit » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:06 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:19 pm I had a chance to watch rookie WR tape all day. I always prep by watching college tape of WRs who are already big, like OBJ, Hopkins, Julio Jones, etc. Then I look for the closest I can get to those guys.

Brown was clearly the upper echelon of WR talent for me. He comes back to the ball, good body positioning, runs great routes, and can make people miss.

I hope he gets paired up with a QB who can throw.
not to derail the discussion, but I'm curious on your takeaway of Stanley Morgan JR if you got to him. feel free to PM me if you'd like. I thought he had a lot of those same traits, personally; just maybe not quite the deep threat.
Watson Goff Purdy
Pierce Swift Robinson Conner Patterson
Hill Lamb Pittman Williams Renfrow Samuel
Hockenson Knox Kmet Schultz

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:37 pm

Heard this today, and the same question I was beginning to ask was actually asked, (in regards to Isabella) so I'm going to voice it. Only 1 WR in NFL history has weighed under 170 pounds and averaged more than 40 yards in his career (Anthony Carter). Interesting stat.

Brown is an outlier, plain and simple, so my argument is that if you're betting on the outlier in the first round, especially top half, it's just not good value. Amateur tape analysis aside, there is no quantifiable measurement on Brown's speed. Is he faster than Andy Isabella? I doubt it, we have his 40 time, which was also disputed that it might be in the 4.2's because of a problem with the laser. Hollywood Brown is a better prospect based on tape, but Isabella produced better numbers and is arguably faster, in fact, probably is. If I could get a guy like him in the mid 2nd as apposed to Brown in the early/mid first, I find that much better value.

Marquise Brown may hit in the NFL, but the odds say he won't. I actually hope he does, but I won't be investing an early pick on him.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:41 pm

Phaded wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:00 pm I also highly doubt he falls to 30.
But if he goes to the Packers; he is inevitably going to be in the 1.01 talk.

That would derail the rebuild and destroy any progress the might make.

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:49 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:38 pm
Shcritters wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:50 pm All I have to say is that the back half of this year’s 1st round is one of the best I’ve seen in a while. Usually things fall off around 1.05-1.06, but this year with the 1.10 in a TE premium league is not a bad place to be.
Yup, back half looks more solid than any year that I've seen.
You dudes got amnesia lol. The last two classes, ESPECiALLY 2017, were superior to this class. This class is filled with average players with very few potential stars, that’s why it looks deep, because they’re all the same mediocre prospects. The draft will show us. We’ll be choosing between 4th and 5th round picks by pick 12 this year.
Last edited by Jason3123 on Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:50 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:43 pm Remember, they would be able to trade Carr, who should have low 1st value.
I just don't think Murray and Gruden would be a good mix. I really don't want Murray on the Raiders. The smart move would be to give Carr another year in that offense with players around him, and then make an assessment next year, with multiple firsts and a much better QB class. Murray is a reach at 1. He's an outlier QB with 1 real year of starting experience in a spread offense. I would really be unhappy if they make that move.
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.