KC RB Poll Question

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.

Who will score more points at RB for KC this year?

Damien Williams
55%
Carlos Hyde
17%
Other
28%

Total votes: 78

Champ224
Captain
Captain

KC RB Poll Question

Postby Champ224 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:20 pm

Who will score more points at RB for KC this year?

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Re: KC RB Poll Question

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:04 pm

I think it’s Damien Williams, rather easily this season. I do think they will draft a RB but I think it will be later on in the draft. They just have too many needs on defense and maybe WR, if news is bad for Tyreek Hill. Plus, Williams looked pretty solid to me down the stretch last season after the Hunt suspension.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:15 pm

Damien Williams looked pretty damn good in his stretch as the main guy. Unless the Chiefs burn a first or second round pick on a RB, I vote Williams.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Huh
Starter
Starter

Postby Huh » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:12 pm

I voted for other. Just kidding. Damien while not the best, is very very very very very very likely to be the best rb on that team.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:14 pm

I voted other.

But I'm actually serious.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:58 pm

I voted Hyde. I’m not confident in it, but I’m not confident in Williams either.
Hell they could still bring Ware back, no? Reid loves that guy.

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:20 pm

Williams for me but it’s not a Hunt production situation. They’ll add another back who will get touches and Hyde will be the GLB. Long term Williams isn’t the answer. Williams definitely has value but people will inevitably over extend to own Williams current situation then get burned in 2020. You’ll also likely be burned if you’re paying expecting RB1 production.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

Huh
Starter
Starter

Postby Huh » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:44 am

jcc6fd wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:20 pm Williams for me but it’s not a Hunt production situation. They’ll add another back who will get touches and Hyde will be the GLB. Long term Williams isn’t the answer. Williams definitely has value but people will inevitably over extend to own Williams current situation then get burned in 2020. You’ll also likely be burned if you’re paying expecting RB1 production.
The thing is, I don’t think anybody is saying he will be a long term asset. It’s redraft mentality. It’s like owning Larry Fitzgerald. You know the end is coming but he can help you this year.

Lord_Varys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lord_Varys » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:01 am

Cowboysfan33 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:04 pm I do think they will draft a RB but I think it will be later on in the draft.
I don't see the point in this. It's a very weak class, so what does a late round RB give you that Darrell Williams or a cheap Chark doesn't?

I'd look for Damien Harris or Darrell Henderson on Day 2. If we get out of Day 2 and they haven't drafted another RB, I'd feel very good about Damien Williams this year. Unless somehow Rodney Anderson slips out because of his injury. He'd be the only Day 3+ guy I'd be worried about, if he makes it that far.

Huh
Starter
Starter

Postby Huh » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:06 am

Lord_Varys wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:01 am
Cowboysfan33 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:04 pm I do think they will draft a RB but I think it will be later on in the draft.
I don't see the point in this. It's a very weak class, so what does a late round RB give you that Darrell Williams or a cheap Chark doesn't?

I'd look for Damien Harris or Darrell Henderson on Day 2. If we get out of Day 2 and they haven't drafted another RB, I'd feel very good about Damien Williams this year. Unless somehow Rodney Anderson slips out because of his injury. He'd be the only Day 3+ guy I'd be worried about, if he makes it that far.
Exactly. I don’t think they can afford to spend the draft capital to get one of the decent rbs and if they don’t grab one the first two rounds, why bother. I think spencer ware is going to be the rb addition once the dust settles. That being said, Rodney Anderson is dangerous. If he didn’t have the injuries he would be the run away rb1 in this class.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:46 am

I don't see why people will think they dodged a bullet if they don't select an RB on day 1 or 2. Even if they wait to take an RB in the 5th round, that RB will have more draft capital invested in them than Ware, West, and Williams combined all who have held value, only while playing for the Chiefs.

Lord_Varys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lord_Varys » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:10 am

thebeast wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:46 am I don't see why people will think they dodged a bullet if they don't select an RB on day 1 or 2. Even if they wait to take an RB in the 5th round, that RB will have more draft capital invested in them than Ware, West, and Williams combined all who have held value, only while playing for the Chiefs.
I guess it depends who it is. Mike Weber has the speed and downhill running ability to give me pause. LJ Scott is a banger however who doesn't fit their scheme.

That said, a guy like Weber isn't very special so it would be a lot harder for him to wrestle the job away from Williams this year. Dynasty rookie drafts, sure, move Weber up the board. But for this year, I wouldn't sweat it. There's no one that late in the draft who can step in and be ready to compete Day 1, like a Damien Harris or Rodney Anderson for example.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:15 am

thebeast wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:46 am I don't see why people will think they dodged a bullet if they don't select an RB on day 1 or 2. Even if they wait to take an RB in the 5th round, that RB will have more draft capital invested in them than Ware, West, and Williams combined all who have held value, only while playing for the Chiefs.
5th round draft capital doesn't mean much for RBs. Teams take backs that late all the time just to add depth or for special teams.

A late Day 2 or Day 3 RB makes it extremely likely that Williams is the starter next season and handling most of the work in a RBBC.

KC has way too many holes on defense right now to be concerned about an expendable position like RB. They lost Ford and Houston and have no depth on that side.

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:38 pm

Huh wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:06 am
Lord_Varys wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:01 am

Exactly. I don’t think they can afford to spend the draft capital to get one of the decent rbs and if they don’t grab one the first two rounds, why bother. I think spencer ware is going to be the rb addition once the dust settles. That being said, Rodney Anderson is dangerous. If he didn’t have the injuries he would be the run away rb1 in this class.
I would bet money that they don’t draft one early though. I’ve read so many times on this board where people think that they will, but they must not be looking at how bad the Chiefs defense is, it’s horrible and they let go Justin Houston because of salary cap reasons. Personally, I picked up Damien Williams off of waivers in three different leagues last season, so I don’t really have anything invested in him. I thought he looked really good though and think he will easily lead that backfield in touches “this season” and the way Reid normally uses his RBs, Williams will be very productive.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:51 pm

Damien Williams was an undrafted free agent who has done exceedingly little through his career.

Even a day 3 pick is a threat to both Williams & Hyde.