DLF Support

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
dlf_jeffh
Administrator

DLF Support

Postby dlf_jeffh » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:43 pm

Hey all,

I know many of you already support what we're doing here with a Premium subscription but I also know about half of you do not. We try to cater to all levels of dynasty coach but whether you are a grizzled veteran or first year rookie in dynasty, we need your support nonetheless.

Whether it be for just one month to say "thanks for the forum and great community" or, even better yet, by checking out our DraftKings.com promotion (which is the VERY best way to support us), your support goes a long way. The DraftKings promotion is our lowest entry price if you are able to play in your state. A simple $10 deposit with DK nets you a full year subscription and they pay us more than our regular annual subscription cost. So it's a great way to get DLF for a year, support what we're doing and also check out the entertaining DraftKings platform!

http://www.draftkings.com/gateway?s=635933162

Even if you only use the forum, it takes a lot of man power to keep it going, up to date, working well, hosted quickly, etc. etc. If you can't take part in DK, even a one month subscription as a "You guys rock!" gesture is much appreciated. A lot of hard people work behind the scenes to make DLF the best fantasy site around and we're confident in saying that you won't find more interaction with a community than we here provide. It's who we are!

So, if you can swing it, we'd sure love your further support!

Thanks all!
There is No Off-Season!

Jeff Haverlack
@dlf_Jeff
Co-Founder
http://www.dynastyleaguefootball.com

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: DLF Support

Postby Bot101 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:46 pm

Im planning on renewing it after the NFL draft. Just got back from Disneyland, and well uh that was more expensive than I anticipated. Need to get out of the red first.

Keep up the hard work!

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:53 pm

Dlf_jeffh,

Do you make a good margin on the merchandise? I'd like to support the site more but I'm not interested DFS.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Dr.Graffin
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Dr.Graffin » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:58 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:53 pm Dlf_jeffh,

Do you make a good margin on the merchandise? I'd like to support the site more but I'm not interested DFS.
I'm being honest when I say the DLF t-shirts they sell are very nice. They are very soft and have held up very well to multiple washings. The neck hasn't lost any shape in over a year.
12 Team Non-PPR, 6pt TDs-22' R/U, 23' R/U
1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 1TE, 2Flex (W/R/T), 1K, 1DST
QB: P. Mahomes, R. Tannehill
RB: D. Achane, D. Henry, J. Mixon, A. Ekeler, M. Sanders
WR: T. Hill, D. Smith, D. J. Moore, D. Samuel, T. Higgins, D. Hopkins, O. Beckham, D. Wicks, J. Metchie
TE: T. Kelce, C. Kmet, H. Henry, M. Gesicki
K: J. Tucker
D/ST: Baltimore, Jacksonville
2024 Picks: 4.9

12 Team .5 PPR, 6pt TDs
1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 1TE, 3Flex (W/R/T), 1K, 1DST
QB: J. Love, J. Herbert
RB: S. Barkley, J. Cook, I. Pacheco, Br. Robinson, D. Singletary, D. Pierce
WR: D. J. Moore, J. Waddle, Z. Flowers, T. Higgins, C. Watson, J. Downs, J. Dotson, R. Shaheed
TE: T. McBride, H. Henry, M. Gesicki, C. Okonkwo, J. Woods
K: T. Bass
D/ST: Jacksonville, Indianapolis
2024 Picks: 2.7, 3.2, 4.11

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:09 pm

I did the draft kings thing last year. Honestly the email got buried and I never unburied it...so I never ACTIVATED my membership after paying for it. Ultimately pure laziness on my part. Many times I’d see an article title that would make me want to read it and I would think “I should go find that email and activate so I can read this.” Then I would just go to the forum instead...
I have supported you guys financially just last year, even though it looks like I haven’t in years. I’m sure the articles are good stuff! Maybe I’ll go beyond just paying for them this year!

moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Postby moishetreats » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:17 am

1) Five years ago, I stumbled upon this forum. Within weeks, I signed up for the premium membership NOT because the membership was important to me but rather to support this forum. It is honestly exceptional, and the mods here are passionate about keeping it exceptional. I have been a DLF member ever since.

2) Quick note that the promo is for new users only at draftkings.
10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex / best ball

QB: Herbert, Love, Rodgers, G Smith, Stidham, T Taylor, Hall
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Pacheco, Montgomery, Z White, Allgeier, Dillon
WR: Hill, St. Brown, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, B Johnson
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Kraft, Okonkwo, Dulcich, Tremble

2024: 2.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10, 4.08
2025: 2nd (x2), 4th, 5th (x2)
2026: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 tms 22 active plyrs. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex / best ball

QB: Lawrence (contract through 2026), Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Bijan Robinson ('25), Pollard ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)
WR: G Wilson ('26), AJ Brown ('26), DJ Montgomery ('25)
TE: --
2024 Cap Spent: $186

IR: --
TAXI SQUAD (4 max): --

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:40 am

moishetreats wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:17 am ...
Ah crap you're right.

So my laziness hurt me two fold. I not only didn't take the next easy step and ACTIVATE my membership, but I also burned up my opportunity to take advantage of that deal. :doh:

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:18 am

I've said this a few times...I'm more a hockey guy, and fantasy football is what keeps me occupied when the greatest game ever has its offseason.

There was a hockey fantasy site much like this one - great community, interesting articles, lots of work put into the product. It was responsible for winning me a lot of titles and getting into some great leagues.

But there wasn't enough support, so it went away. And I do miss the community. So if you like this place, and you can afford to throw a few bucks their way, please consider it. Trust me that you'd miss DLF if it was no longer around.
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:03 am

I live in AZ, one of the handful of backwards states that doesn’t allow DFS (feel free to take your assault rifle shopping with you though, SMH). Does anyone know if I can legally make a deposit at DK? Do the hassles only arise when you try to make a withdrawal, or do they not even allow residents of those states to open an account?
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:04 am

I love the site. Been a member since 2015. I don't have enough time to watch film, watch a ton of games, follow college, etc. I would be LOST without this site and the Forum.

I am on here pretty much any time I need to take a quick break in the middle of the day, or even when I make a trip to the office outfitted with plumbing... :lol:

Again, it's the only way I can stay informed, and I HIGHLY RECOMMEND the membership for the articles as well. The draft primer is also great. Rankings. I can go on and on...
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

dlf_jeffh
Administrator

Postby dlf_jeffh » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:17 pm

Bot101 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:46 pm Im planning on renewing it after the NFL draft. Just got back from Disneyland, and well uh that was more expensive than I anticipated. Need to get out of the red first.

Keep up the hard work!
Understand completely ... that is why I always suggest our partnership offers as it is the cheapest way (out of pocket) to get DLF for a year and also the best way (for DLF) to support what we're doing here. Sometimes we'll have flash sales as well but not usually during our peak season.

Thanks for your support!
There is No Off-Season!

Jeff Haverlack
@dlf_Jeff
Co-Founder

dlf_jeffh
Administrator

Postby dlf_jeffh » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:18 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:53 pm Dlf_jeffh,

Not really, but support is support and our T-shirts are pretty good as mentioned by someone else. We also love to get DLF swag out there! But DraftKings is the very best way to support what we're doing and it's the cheapest entry point ... and you may even have fun with DFS. It's not for everyone, but some of the games are a lot of fun.
There is No Off-Season!

Jeff Haverlack
@dlf_Jeff
Co-Founder

dlf_jeffh
Administrator

Postby dlf_jeffh » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:21 pm

Valhalla wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:09 pm I did the draft kings thing last year. Honestly the email got buried and I never unburied it...so I never ACTIVATED my membership after paying for it. Ultimately pure laziness on my part. Many times I’d see an article title that would make me want to read it and I would think “I should go find that email and activate so I can read this.” Then I would just go to the forum instead...
I have supported you guys financially just last year, even though it looks like I haven’t in years. I’m sure the articles are good stuff! Maybe I’ll go beyond just paying for them this year!
LOL ... we, of course, appreciate any and all support! We would never brow beat anyone into supporting us financially if they didn't want to, didn't have the money or weren't interested. But it never stops me from asking. It has changed the way I support other sites (non fantasy) that I use ... now fully understanding of what goes on behind the scenes!

DraftKings is our best support mechanism and their games are fun as well ... and the $10 deposit is yours to play. The DLF annual sub is just a bonus subscription! We were with FanDuel before DraftKings so you can always check it out again if desired.
There is No Off-Season!

Jeff Haverlack
@dlf_Jeff
Co-Founder

dlf_jeffh
Administrator

Postby dlf_jeffh » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:24 pm

Dookmariot wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:18 am I've said this a few times...I'm more a hockey guy, and fantasy football is what keeps me occupied when the greatest game ever has its offseason.

There was a hockey fantasy site much like this one - great community, interesting articles, lots of work put into the product. It was responsible for winning me a lot of titles and getting into some great leagues.

But there wasn't enough support, so it went away. And I do miss the community. So if you like this place, and you can afford to throw a few bucks their way, please consider it. Trust me that you'd miss DLF if it was no longer around.
That's exactly the point Dook and why I changed my own view after starting DLF. Supoprt is SO important yet it's SO easy to say "it should be free". The problem is that "should be" doesn't apply to the time sink that running a site requires let alone keeping it the best in the business! And what other sites actually engage with their users regularly like DLF does? That is our value proposition to all of you and what sets us apart.

Thanks for the comment
There is No Off-Season!

Jeff Haverlack
@dlf_Jeff
Co-Founder

dlf_jeffh
Administrator

Postby dlf_jeffh » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:25 pm

moishetreats wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:17 am 1) Five years ago, I stumbled upon this forum. Within weeks, I signed up for the premium membership NOT because the membership was important to me but rather to support this forum. It is honestly exceptional, and the mods here are passionate about keeping it exceptional. I have been a DLF member ever since.

Can't thank you enough for your support, continued support and for taking the time to comment.
There is No Off-Season!

Jeff Haverlack
@dlf_Jeff
Co-Founder