The Tyreek Hill Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Tyreek investigation

Postby Vcize » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:08 pm

So a couple points of clarification.

1) She didn't just like start tweeting about the incident in general terms. She started by tweeting @ the Chiefs and asking if they were investigating the incident. Everything since then has just been replies to follow up questions people have been asking her.

2) Waiting for more solid sources is nice, but from a fantasy football standpoint obviously everyone is trying to collect info as quickly as possible. There are like 1000 Tyreek trades going on right now and he's still pulling in decent value, so if you want to believe her and it convinces you to sell, that window will be gone if more reliable sources report the same info.

3) Kevin Kietzman on KC radio said that what happened is Tyreek was spanking the child (possibly with a belt) and in the process of spanking the child was holding his arm behind his back and broke the arm, and the child was taken to the hospital. No idea how reliable Kevin Kietzman is if at all.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:48 pm

A consolidated thread on the known details or speculations regarding the situation.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DynastyFF/comm ... k_details/

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:51 pm

Vcize wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:08 pm So a couple points of clarification.

1) She didn't just like start tweeting about the incident in general terms. She started by tweeting @ the Chiefs and asking if they were investigating the incident. Everything since then has just been replies to follow up questions people have been asking her.

2) Waiting for more solid sources is nice, but from a fantasy football standpoint obviously everyone is trying to collect info as quickly as possible. There are like 1000 Tyreek trades going on right now and he's still pulling in decent value, so if you want to believe her and it convinces you to sell, that window will be gone if more reliable sources report the same info.

3) Kevin Kietzman on KC radio said that what happened is Tyreek was spanking the child (possibly with a belt) and in the process of spanking the child was holding his arm behind his back and broke the arm, and the child was taken to the hospital. No idea how reliable Kevin Kietzman is if at all.
I don't blame anyone for getting as much info on the situation as possible, especially those that want to get out from under Hill ASAP. I just think its inappropriate to be tweeting about a situation like she is. She could have easily DM'd the chiefs, called the front office or found a more private way to contact them if she was really only trying to figure something out or let them know there was a serious issue going on. She could have also not replied to comments from other people. Just my opinion.

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:36 pm

cazzie33 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:26 am Anger management issues are a form of mental illness. Some fight against their natural reaction to strike out physically and want to get better , some take pride in being an intimidator and have no remorse for their actions. Too many lump them all together as the same person. I have no idea what either Mixon or Hill are truly like in private but both have shown a willingness to learn from their mistakes and educate themselves as well as others that violence against women or others isn't the proper way to handle their business.

Who knows what causes their rage to overcome them in a particular moment. Most likely they understand what they have to lose by committing these acts yet in the moment their brain shuts down logic & reason. It's a constant struggle to keep the demons at bay. To label them as "animals" and "garbage" that we should just throw in the trash makes us feel superior . They are just people that need help if they are trying to do better and make amends. Of course they should face consequences for their actions but we don't know the circumstances surrounding Tyreek's latest incident. Does he consistently treat his child horribly or did he just grab him too forcibly in an instantaneous reaction ? My dad snatched me up when I acted up as a child and would sit my butt down on the couch. Easily could've got me in an awkward position that might have caused me some pain but that doesn't mean he intended to. We don't know if that's the case here... Hell, don't even know if he did anything!

Hopefully none of you that are so willing to pass judgement off hearsay I hope no one in your family has mental issues. Their brains don't always operate like what we consider normal like ours. They can be wonderful and even more compassionate than ours 99% of the time. But when anger or depression sets in they will do acts that we can't wrap our heads around but to them seem as a solution to their problems. I know from personal experience as my son was beloved by many friends & family but suffered depression that would come in moments . He had kids too that he loved dearly but in another moment of depression felt they would be better off without him... so he took his life. Many times that same thought would come to him and he was able to overcome it and he sought out help. I'm sure he wishes he could've made it just go away but mental illness doesn't work like that. We talked often, daily and he knew that any day , anytime all he had to do was call when those urges hit him. He'd tell me that he knows he's loved and wanted me to know that it wasn't my or anyone else's fault but his brain just doesn't work like that. I'm guessing that Tyreek has a mental illness similar to that but instead of holding it internally he acts out in a physical way. His life is lived in a fish bowl so we are talking about him as if we know his character when we really don't. My son had tremendous compassion & character as attested to by many friends & family yet the most common comment from those at his services were that they had no clue he was anything but the happy go lucky always worrying about how they were doing kinda guy.

Sorry about the personalized long winded story but my point is often we don't know what those close to us have going on in their life much less a professional athlete. But somehow they can be treated as less than a human being because they have mental issues. Until we have definitive details I choose to believe that Hill wants to be better. If it turns out he is a sociopath like another Aaron Hernandez then by all means he shouldn't be walking round getting the benefits of a professional athlete. Also I get the fact Tyreek doesn't get the benefit of a doubt because of his past. Could be that this is the source of his kid's broken arm being reported to the police. That's human nature , some call it profiling but I'd call it good police work when we have definitive evidence of past physical abuse. Check it out to be sure the child isn't in imminent danger. Sucks for Tyreek if not true but he can't blame anyone but himself for people being suspicious and one would hope he understands that. Haven't heard of any response from him at all yet but I'm waiting for actual details that he is indeed at fault before burying him.
Thanks for sharing, and sorry for your loss. I can accept that there are situations I look at as cut and dry that aren't always so. Something to think about I guess...
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:11 am

https://twitter.com/MetroSportsKC/statu ... 4592060419

So, apparently, Hill's son broke his arm back in January? Not March 14th.

The 'facts' keep changing. At this point, the only reliable info regarding any of this is on the police reports, and they tell us very little. There are a multitude of potential scenarios in accordance with those reports that would exonerate Hill.
Last edited by ninotoreS on Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:23 am

Vcize wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:43 pm So just for some added insight on twitter, none of which is good for Tyreek.

1) The guy who originally broke the story is claiming that Tyreek himself is under direct police investigation. It's not just an investigation of an incident in general that Tyreek may or may not have been involved in. The investigation is targeting Tyreek directly.

2) The godparents of Tyreek's son seem to be implying that people within the family have told them Tyreek likely broke the kid's arm.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Mrs_JRobinso ... page%3D121
Who knows. What I did see after a quick scroll through her Hill-Tweets were the typical, complain on social media publicly about multiple businesses. Those types of people are usually of the same breed, seeking attention. If you have to resort to the internet, or even social media to express your poor experience with a business, send a direct message to them, those generally get resolved better than the whining to the public like a company is going to crumble. Even use some sort of review like a Yelp if you have to. These are the same types that my generation is famous for- the "If anybody looks at my child wrong, I will be in jail" types. Of course I could be completely wrong and this could have some credibility, but most people "concerned" with the child and not drawing the spotlight on themselves, would not Tweet @ the Chiefs.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:39 pm

I don't have a dog in this at all- don't own him, have never considered trading for or drafting him. I love how this thread blew up and everyone was metaphorically spitting on his value and now everyone's quiet.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

fruity pebbles
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby fruity pebbles » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:48 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:39 pm I don't have a dog in this at all- don't own him, have never considered trading for or drafting him. I love how this thread blew up and everyone was metaphorically spitting on his value and now everyone's quiet.
Nothing new has come out? Last piece of info is that he’s now being investigated in two separate incidents. Did something good happen that I missed?

saw061600
Legend
Legend

Postby saw061600 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:53 pm

fruity pebbles wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:48 pm
Pullo Vision wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:39 pm I don't have a dog in this at all- don't own him, have never considered trading for or drafting him. I love how this thread blew up and everyone was metaphorically spitting on his value and now everyone's quiet.
Nothing new has come out? Last piece of info is that he’s now being investigated in two separate incidents. Did something good happen that I missed?
About 5 hours ago, both the Police and DCF confirmed investigations are ongoing.
10 TM No PPR or waiver 85RST
Herbert Fields Garoppolo Ridder
JT Barkley Etienne Ingram Charb CEH
Evans Aiyuk Dionte Jeudy London JWill GWils EMoore JMyers Mims Moorex2
Andrews Kinkaid Pits Freiermuth
NBosa Quinnen DJJones Clark F-Myers Taylor Graham
Darius Okereke Kendricks DCampbell DJones Baker Kiser Brooks
Adams Simmons Vaccaro Joseph

12 TM .5ppr 45 RST
Herbert Stroud Mayfield
JT Achane Kamara Ford Pacheco Jaleel
AJB DK Godwin Aiyuk Kirk ZJones RMoore Thornton
Hock F-muth
LWilliams Payne Reed Greenard
Bernard Kendricks Warner Baker Williams Tranquil
Budda McKinney Clark Wilson

1-2QB 2-4RB 3-5WR 1-3TE 11OFF/DEF
Herbert Stafford Brock Dobbs
Taylor Jacobs Mattison Kyren Jaleel Ford Bigsby
AJB Diggs Evans Kirk McLaurin Dionte Boyd Renfrow JuJu
Kelce Pitts Deguara
Hutchinson Rousseau Greenard Travon Demarcus
QWilliams EJones TBernard Dean ShaqT Kyzir
Amos Bates Peppers Murray Fitz Clark

dlf_jeffh
Administrator

Postby dlf_jeffh » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:31 pm

Looking very bad here for Hill. Had to wonder given his past if it was going to be show back up in the future and it's sad for all involved, especially for his son and son's mother.
There is No Off-Season!

Jeff Haverlack
@dlf_Jeff
Co-Founder
http://www.dynastyleaguefootball.com

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:18 pm

I had just started checking in to fantasy football stuff and was surprised about the lack of activity in this thread. For the first day or so, everyone and their mother was giving their pessimistic/negative opinion and that suddenly stopped. I figured this thread would be regularly updated as different pro and anti Tyreek factions highlighted different news to support their positions and bash the opposite one.

I guess not.

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:35 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:18 pm
I had just started checking in to fantasy football stuff and was surprised about the lack of activity in this thread. For the first day or so, everyone and their mother was giving their pessimistic/negative opinion and that suddenly stopped. I figured this thread would be regularly updated as different pro and anti Tyreek factions highlighted different news to support their positions and bash the opposite one.

I guess not.
Well there's no point in going on and on weighting in on baseless speculation at this juncture. Until something new arises, it's best to just wait and see.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:02 pm

Hottoddies wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:35 pm
Pullo Vision wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:18 pm

I guess not.
Well there's no point in going on and on weighting in on baseless speculation at this juncture. Until something new arises, it's best to just wait and see.
So true, but look at the posts here the first day, and especially the day after. You'll see alot of speculation and trades based on that. Speculation hasn't stopped people from talking/acting so far.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:25 pm

"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:00 am

His GF has removed all pictures of Hill from her social media accounts and no longer follows him.