Best Running back in 2019 class?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Go Bucks
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Best Running back in 2019 class?

Postby Go Bucks » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:34 pm

alewilliam789 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:58 pm I just dont see it with any in this class. The only two RBs I’d personally invest in are Rodney Anderson, Josh Jacobs, and Justice Hill. I’ve went back and checked out the majority of these guys tape and it’s very mediocre to me. I personally don’t get the hype with Sanders outside of his combine numbers. Yes he does have some quick feet/passing chops, but he’s not really great at anything. He doesn’t make a ton of people miss, isn’t a strong runner, doesn’t have great hands, doesn’t really have great balance. Nothing that makes me want to invest a top 5 pick anyways.

David Montgomery looks like the below-average athlete he tested out as on tape.

Damien Harris shows flashes of tackle breaking/good balance, but nothing consistently. Runs some solid routes out of the backfield with good hands. I’d rather have him over Sanders rn.

Darrell Henderson is interesting, but he’s really only a downhill back. He runs a lot like Tevin Coleman in style. Doesn’t shake too many people and really relies on outrunning everybody, getting into space, and periodically breaking some arm tackles to be successful. Doesn’t have great patience or vision. Most likely a solid committee back that can make some big plays here and there. Depends on how he’s used tho because I can see him being very successful as a complement to a Sony Michel or Alvin Kamara in the right system.

To me Justice Hill, Josh Jacobs, and Rodney Anderson are the only players that have the athletic talent, the tackle-breaking ability/above average balance, and pass-catching talent to become factors at the next level.
How many of Henderson's games have you seen ? Your description of him seems way off.

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:57 pm

Go Bucks wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:34 pm
alewilliam789 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:58 pm I just dont see it with any in this class. The only two RBs I’d personally invest in are Rodney Anderson, Josh Jacobs, and Justice Hill. I’ve went back and checked out the majority of these guys tape and it’s very mediocre to me. I personally don’t get the hype with Sanders outside of his combine numbers. Yes he does have some quick feet/passing chops, but he’s not really great at anything. He doesn’t make a ton of people miss, isn’t a strong runner, doesn’t have great hands, doesn’t really have great balance. Nothing that makes me want to invest a top 5 pick anyways.

Damien Harris shows flashes of tackle breaking/good balance, but nothing consistently. Runs some solid routes out of the backfield with good hands. I’d rather have him over Sanders rn.

Darrell Henderson is interesting, but he’s really only a downhill back. He runs a lot like Tevin Coleman in style. Doesn’t shake too many people and really relies on outrunning everybody, getting into space, and periodically breaking some arm tackles to be successful. Doesn’t have great patience or vision. Most likely a solid committee back that can make some big plays here and there. Depends on how he’s used tho because I can see him being very successful as a complement to a Sony Michel or Alvin Kamara in the right system.

To me Justice Hill, Josh Jacobs, and Rodney Anderson are the only players that have the athletic talent, the tackle-breaking ability/above average balance, and pass-catching talent to become factors at the next level.
How many of Henderson's games have you seen ? Your description of him seems way off.
His games versus UCF (2017), Houston (2018), SMU (2017), Georgia State (2018), and Navy (2018). He may not be as physical as Coleman, but I remember when Scouting Tevin he was really just north south guy that doesn’t make a ton of people miss with his quickness. One-cut get up field and if the hole was big enough he was gone.
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:26 pm

alewilliam789 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:57 pm

His games versus UCF (2017), Houston (2018), SMU (2017), Georgia State (2018), and Navy (2018). He may not be as physical as Coleman, but I remember when Scouting Tevin he was really just north south guy that doesn’t make a ton of people miss with his quickness. One-cut get up field and if the hole was big enough he was gone.
Henderson makes people miss with efficient cuts without losing speed and maintains a north/south direction. How is this a bad thing?
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:06 pm

Hottoddies wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:26 pm
alewilliam789 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:57 pm

Henderson makes people miss with efficient cuts without losing speed and maintains a north/south direction. How is this a bad thing?
I never said it is a bad thing. I just don’t believe he has the elite make you miss quickness that he can use when plays break down. In the tape he shows that when the play breaks down early he doesn’t really have either the power/quickness or the cutting ability to make defenders miss when the line breaks down early. Even in his tape I only ever see him make one hard cut to make a linebacker miss in the hole and he took it to the house. Beyond that it’s just slight changes in speed and direction. To me, that’s what separates him from a player that can be an every down back and from the role I think he’ll settle in with as a complementary big play threat.
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards