General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: AB to the Bills *Unconfirmed*

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:05 am

Titans95 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:28 am
ArrylT wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:18 pm
Cult of Dionysus wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:12 pm Ben Rothlisberger has made many WRs look better than they are. I would not be shocked if AB's number come down to Earth with Carr, especially the TDs. 100-1100-7.
That is low end WR1 territory - and very similar to what Keenan Allen put up. :thumbup:
But are Keenan Allen numbers worth 19mil a season and the headache of the biggest drama queen in the league? I don't think so.

Gruden can't seem to make up his mind with what he's trying to do, he gets rid of all his young ascending talents and "bad apples" for locker room presence and then signs a cancer in the locker room. Makes no sense.
Whatever KA would put up in the Raiders offense, AB would put up more, so it is worth it. He's still a top WR in the league, so he will maximize his situation in Oakland. Getting AB for what the Raiders did was a steal. AB has his issues, but it clearly stemmed from the particular situation, especially Big Ben. The Steelers have been nothing but drama for a few years, and it was hardly all on AB. I think what Gruden is doing makes perfect sense. He got rid of Cooper and Mack, who would have commanded significantly more money than what there prior contracts were at. Not saying it will work, but it makes sense. Mack was too much with a QB not on a rookie deal, would have had hurt their depth even more, and they had little. Cooper was not worth what he would have asked for the way he was playing in Oakland.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:00 pm

Lotto4Life wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:40 am
Titans95 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:31 pm .....twitter is the worst thing to ever happen to society.
Maybe not the worst, but it's up there.
And here I was tapping the underlined word, thinking it was a link to what the worst thing is :lol:

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:03 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:05 am
Titans95 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:28 am
ArrylT wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:18 pm

That is low end WR1 territory - and very similar to what Keenan Allen put up. :thumbup:
But are Keenan Allen numbers worth 19mil a season and the headache of the biggest drama queen in the league? I don't think so.

Gruden can't seem to make up his mind with what he's trying to do, he gets rid of all his young ascending talents and "bad apples" for locker room presence and then signs a cancer in the locker room. Makes no sense.
Whatever KA would put up in the Raiders offense, AB would put up more, so it is worth it. He's still a top WR in the league, so he will maximize his situation in Oakland. Getting AB for what the Raiders did was a steal. AB has his issues, but it clearly stemmed from the particular situation, especially Big Ben. The Steelers have been nothing but drama for a few years, and it was hardly all on AB. I think what Gruden is doing makes perfect sense. He got rid of Cooper and Mack, who would have commanded significantly more money than what there prior contracts were at. Not saying it will work, but it makes sense. Mack was too much with a QB not on a rookie deal, would have had hurt their depth even more, and they had little. Cooper was not worth what he would have asked for the way he was playing in Oakland.
Yeah if they didn't want to pay Mack and go into total rebuild I get that, but why turn around and pay nearly the same amount for a less valuable position? I don't know Mack's character but I assume it's not on the level of AB. If you want to commit to a rebuild that's totally fine but he traded away all his young assets and then signed all the old has beens in FA his first year in office. His response to that was he wanted solid veteran presence in the locker room...okay sure except you're still in the same situation you were in last year yet you pay AB who probably is one of the worst locker room presences and media distraction. Getting one of the best WR's in the NFL for as cheap as the raider's did is a good deal for any team but its still a head scratcher that the Raider's decided AB was worth the money and headache. Just seems like really bad cap space management and roster construction. I'm putting my money on the Raiders utterly failing under Gruden but only time will tell.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:59 pm

Mack & a 3rd

Or

AB, 2 1sts & a 3rd

Which side would you rather have?
I was against the Mack trade at the time but I have come around to it. I think it was a win-win for both sides.

Mack is elite but he was not going to change the entire defense. He was often doubled or even tripled. Due to the other Bears pieces, they could not do that to him there.

AB could hypothetically help a resurgence of Derek Carr; a quarterback who we have all seen his confidence fall the last couple years. This offseason has clearly had a main objective; help Derek Carr.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:57 pm

Phaded wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:59 pm Mack & a 3rd

Or

AB, 2 1sts & a 3rd

I was against the Mack trade at the time but I have come around to it. I think it was a win-win for both sides.

Mack is elite but he was not going to change the entire defense. He was often doubled or even tripled. Due to the other Bears pieces, they could not do that to him there.

AB could hypothetically help a resurgence of Derek Carr; a quarterback who we have all seen his confidence fall the last couple years. This offseason has clearly had a main objective; help Derek Carr.
NFL wise Mack is a monster with years of production ahead of him.

Still convinced trading him was more of a cash flow move. When one looks at the contracts the Raiders are doing they are good on guaranteed money but not a lot up front.

Think it’s real close but the risk is really on the Raiders with their deals. Those picks must hit and AB needs years of production.

Mack is probably the very best defensive player in the entire league.

Don’t blame the Raiders at all given so many issues to deal with.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:28 pm

Phaded wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:59 pm Mack & a 3rd

Or

AB, 2 1sts & a 3rd

What worked for the Raiders is all that matters. The other side of the trade is for multiple teams. I was always on board with the Mack trade, not because of the player, but the reality of their roster and cap situation. Gruden isn't such an idiot. Mayock said he beilieved Carr was a franchise QB, dating back to his mocks. His stated that you can't legitamately evaluate him without help. Double down on the Brown's, and Tyrell was that injection. They know the QB class next year, and I would be SHOCKED and disappointed to see a QB selected anywhere in that top 35. Gruden talked about Carr needing continuity, which he hasn't had, and he looked really good the 2nd half of the year in a new system with no talent compared to the first half with more talent (Cooper). I believe Gruden came back in part because he believed in Carr, and if that is the case, to give up on him on the conditions that were provided last year would be an indictment on Gruden. I expect D and OL help in the first 4 picks (unless a talent on their board falls outside of position need), and that would include Hockenson if he fell to them in the 20'as.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:00 am

Right on queue; as Mayock acknowledges they will treat quarterback like any other position and admitting they will draft a QB if there is one with more upside..

There is a lot of smoke to this; and while I certainly hope it is nothing more than a smokescreen, the "upside" comment is worrisome as I think that is something Carr lacks.

If somehow the Raiders have a chance to get Murray.. Not sure they pass on him.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:56 am

Phaded wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:00 am Right on queue; as Mayock acknowledges they will treat quarterback like any other position and admitting they will draft a QB if there is one with more upside..

There is a lot of smoke to this; and while I certainly hope it is nothing more than a smokescreen, the "upside" comment is worrisome as I think that is something Carr lacks.

If somehow the Raiders have a chance to get Murray.. Not sure they pass on him.
They're probably hoping someone trades up with them.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:06 am

That's what I am hoping; but seeing as they have said they are outright out on Haskins I have no idea what to believe.

James McGhee
Captain
Captain

Postby James McGhee » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:10 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:00 pm The NFC is stacked. Lots of good teams and only 6 spots. Rams have to fend off the Hawks and the 49ers. Both of whom will improve. And I think the Rams will regress big time in 2019. Just my gut instinct.
22 men chase each other around the field for 60 minutes and at the end, the Patriots always win
12 team league; 15 man roster; .5 pt PPR;
QB/RB/2 WR/TE/2 FLX/K/DEF

Tom Brady, Cam Newton
Mark Ingram, Kerryon Johnson, Rashaad Penny, Ronald Jones
AJ Green, Keenan Allen, Michael Thomas, Marvin Jones, Golden Tate, Keelan Cole
Rob Gronkowski
Will Lutz
Minnesota Defense

12 team league; 30-man roster; full PPR
QB/2 RB/2 WR/TE/3 FLX

Rodgers, Goff, Carr
Bell, J. Stewart, Foreman, Perine
Hopkins, K. Allen, Cooks, Hurns, Kupp, Lee, C. Samuel, Patterson, Taywan Taylor
Howard, Hooper, S. Anderson

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:11 am

This is the year the Pats decline happens. I’m calling it. Lol
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:19 pm

JFever wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:11 am This is the year the Pats decline happens. I’m calling it. Lol
Good Luck with that bold call! 😁
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:57 pm

For the "Carr is a serious downgrade for AB from Ben" crowd..
Something to consider:

And AB was already #5 in deep receptions & yards; #1 in deep TDs..