Kyler Murray's Interview

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
QB Browns
Role Player
Role Player

Kyler Murray's Interview

Postby QB Browns » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:54 pm

This article just popped up, and I'm not sure what to make of it. Everything I'd heard about Murray up to this point was very positive outside of his height, so I question how much to weight to attribute to this. Curious what the rest of the dynasty community thinks.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... -available
Team 1

10 team, 2 QB, 3 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1WR/TE, 1 RB/WR/TE, DEF, .5 ppr

QB: D. Prescott, K. Cousins, A. Richardson, R. Tannehill, T. Lance

RB: A. Kamara, S. Barkley, Bi. Robinson, J. Conner, J. Dobbins, A. Dillon, D. Harris, R. Stephenson, K. Herbert, I. Spiller, Br. Robinson, K. Ingram, T. Spears, D. Foreman

WR: M. Evans, D. Adams, AJ Brown, C. Lamb, J. Waddle, K. Toney, J. Reed

TE: D. Waller, P. Friermuth, D. Kincaid

honcho55
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Kyler Murray's Interview

Postby honcho55 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:12 pm

"This was the worst comments I ever got on a high-rated quarterback, and I've been doing this a long time. I've probably been doing it longer than you're alive"

Casserly isn't the last word necessarily, but this quote... I was already off on Murray (and the rest of this QB class). I want nothing to do with him personally. Might still be good, even great. Not on my teams.
main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -3 for INT
12 team. 2019 champ, 2020 runner up, ‘21 3rd
start 2SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT

QB: T Lawrence, K Cousins, R Wilson, Z Wilson
RB: K Walker, T Ettiene, JK Dobbins, D Gore, J Hasty, D Johnson, L Rountree
WR: JJ, AJB, A Cooper, Juju, C Kirk, J Dotson, N Westbrook-Ikhine, I McKenzie
TE. T Kelce, Pitts, Albert O, D Parham, J O’Shaunessy

1.03, 1.11, 2.02, 2.09
Extra 24 1st

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:27 pm

I don't know.

A. Why shop Rosen if Murray isn't looking good? To get Haskins? Possible, but I doubt it.

B. Tough to do what Murray did if you're a bad leader, a bad student of the game, and don't understand the plays. I get it was simpler than an NFL offense, but still. C'mon.

This article doesn't change my opinion at all so far. If it is corroborated by other articles and a drop out of the top 10 (even out of the top 5 to 7) then obviously that would raise more doubts...
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:28 pm

Not shocked. Watch his interview with Dan Patrick a few weeks ago and he was awful.

On the other hand, it's entirely possible this is being leaked by a rival team to help Murray fall to them.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:32 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:28 pm Not shocked. Watch his interview with Dan Patrick a few weeks ago and he was awful.

On the other hand, it's entirely possible this is being leaked by a rival team to help Murray fall to them.
I couldn't even finish it, it's SO bad.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:35 pm

Ironically enough some people had concerns about Josh Rosens character & attitue if my recollection is correct.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:37 pm

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:28 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:28 pm Not shocked. Watch his interview with Dan Patrick a few weeks ago and he was awful.

I’m about halfway through and Murray could have done a better job stating clearly that he wasn’t going to discuss anything that had to do with whether he decided to play football or baseball, but dan Patrick was mostly at fault here trying to get a gotcha moment or simply make a fool of Murray by repeatedly asking questions that Murray clearly wasn’t going to talk about. Then infantizing him by going over his head and asking his dad on a number of occasions. Not sure why Murray is the “bad guy” here. What am I missing.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:45 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:28 pm

I’m about halfway through and Murray could have done a better job stating clearly that he wasn’t going to discuss anything that had to do with whether he decided to play football or baseball, but dan Patrick was mostly at fault here trying to get a gotcha moment or simply make a fool of Murray by repeatedly asking questions that Murray clearly wasn’t going to talk about. Then infantizing him by going over his head and asking his dad on a number of occasions. Not sure why Murray is the “bad guy” here. What am I missing.
Yeah I watched that and felt that Dan Patrick was being a huge jerk. It almost reminded me of when Cowherd tried grilling Baker about not being a good teammate. Baker straight put Cowherd in his place. Kyler did a good job just not giving Dan Patrick anything.

I really can't stand listening to guys like Cowherd and Patrick. They are like PG-13 sports versions of Howard Stern.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:59 pm

I don't put much stock in the NFL rumor mill this time of year. Misinformation is always all over the place. Think the Cardinals take him at 1. Murray seems to a pretty quiet guy and many want a rah rah type at QB.

The kid can play football. Lots of players are just not good in the interview process. Murray went high in the MLB draft and will in the NFL draft.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:28 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:28 pm

I was going to post this, but you beat me to it. Patrick was a douche, here. I'm sure they probably stated pre show they weren't going to discuss that. It looked to me like he was annoyed, like those questions weren't supposed to be asked, but that's just an assumption.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:46 pm

Yes this is horrible.
Let him fall.
Especially in superflex.

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:25 am

Bot101 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:45 pm Yeah I watched that and felt that Dan Patrick was being a huge jerk. It almost reminded me of when Cowherd tried grilling Baker about not being a good teammate. Baker straight put Cowherd in his place. Kyler did a good job just not giving Dan Patrick anything.
I really can't stand listening to guys like Cowherd and Patrick. They are like PG-13 sports versions of Howard Stern.
While I don't disagree with the sentiment around Cowherd's and Patrick's of the world, in my opinion, Patrick wasn't asking Murray ANY difficult questions. Murray would just look at his dad for direction on what to say, it was so painful to watch. Through knowing friends who are relatively recent alums from A&M, they've said that the rumors of Murray being a douchebag are probably valid.

Rosen's issue was that people felt like he was an entitled brat and he was clearly outspoken about more than just football, RE: F@ck Trump hat he wore & talking about paying college athletes, calling out Alabama's SAT standards LOL etc.

In all reality, it only takes 1 interview for Murray to hit. This all could be fluff, maybe, just maybe the only thing I'd be concerned about is Murray not understanding X's and O's on a whiteboard but who knows?

moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Postby moishetreats » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:39 am

QB Browns wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:54 pm This article just popped up, and I'm not sure what to make of it. Everything I'd heard about Murray up to this point was very positive outside of his height, so I question how much to weight to attribute to this. Curious what the rest of the dynasty community thinks.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... -available
Remember to examine the source. Charley Casserly is an analyst -- not a reporter. And that is more than a semantic difference. His reports aren't vetted the same way and neither do his reports need to withstand the same type of journalistic scrutiny that a reporter's does.

He might be right; he might be wrong. But, know that, as a "source", he doesn't carry much legitimacy. You can read a great articulation of this here: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... er-murray/
10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex / best ball

QB: Herbert, Love, Rodgers, G Smith, Stidham, T Taylor, Hall
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Pacheco, Montgomery, Z White, Allgeier, Dillon
WR: Hill, St. Brown, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, B Johnson
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Kraft, Okonkwo, Dulcich, Tremble

2024: 2.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10, 4.08
2025: 2nd (x2), 4th, 5th (x2)
2026: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 tms 22 active plyrs. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex / best ball

QB: Lawrence (contract through 2026), Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Bijan Robinson ('25), Pollard ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)
WR: G Wilson ('26), AJ Brown ('26), DJ Montgomery ('25)
TE: --
2024 Cap Spent: $186

IR: --
TAXI SQUAD (4 max): --

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:37 pm

https://twitter.com/JimTrotter_NFL/stat ... 0032708608

Coach Lynn of Chargers says Murray had good interview.