DK Metcalf is your 1.01 now.

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Re: DK Metcalf is your 1.01 now.

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:36 am

Mike Evans (a significantly better draft prospect) at his current pace has a reasonable argument to get into the Hall of Fame. He has 5 straight seasons with at least 1000 yards. He's an elite receiver to say the least.

To say someone's floor is Mike Evans is hilarious. If Metcalf ever becomes Mike Evans, I think people would be thanking their lucky stars.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:46 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:36 am Mike Evans (a significantly better draft prospect) at his current pace has a reasonable argument to get into the Hall of Fame. He has 5 straight seasons with at least 1000 yards. He's an elite receiver to say the least.

To say someone's floor is Mike Evans is hilarious. If Metcalf ever becomes Mike Evans, I think people would be thanking their lucky stars.
Time will tell.

Evans is an elite WR but he is not the best route runner on that team. He is a big, somewhat lumbering WR with solid hands and a good body.

Evans is a good example of how to use a player’s strengths in the passing game.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:52 am

Ice wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:46 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:36 am Mike Evans (a significantly better draft prospect) at his current pace has a reasonable argument to get into the Hall of Fame. He has 5 straight seasons with at least 1000 yards. He's an elite receiver to say the least.

Time will tell.

Evans is an elite WR but he is not the best route runner on that team. He is a big, somewhat lumbering WR with solid hands and a good body.

Evans route running has improved a bunch. He's also more agile than Metcalf. Like I said, if Evans continues his current production, he has a respectable case for the HOF. There is no logical stance that Metcalf's floor is Mike Evans. It'd be like saying Noah Fant's floor is Shannon Sharpe.

JTLoh
Role Player
Role Player

Postby JTLoh » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:01 am

:dance:
Last edited by JTLoh on Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
CONTENTION 2
QB - D.Prescott, J.Hurts
RB - J.Jacobs, C-Patt, JRob, BRob, D.Pierce, TDP, H.Haskins
WR - Ceedee, J.Jefferson, JuJu, A.Pierce, Meyers, NWI
TE - M.Andrews, Brevin, J.Woods, L.Thomas
Defense: Cowboys/Viks

CELEBRITY DEATHMATCH
QB - Mahomes, Cousins, Love, Mond, Rush, M.White, Strong
RB - C-Patt, Singletary, K.Herbert, Foreman, Hubbard, Lindsay
WR - Lockett, Hollywood, OBJ, Golladay, AJG, Hardman, Meyers, Osborn, ISM
TE - Kelsey, Ertz, G.Everett, Bryant
Taxi - BRob, TDP, Ingram, A.Smith, K.Phillips, Metchie, Shakir, Tolbert, Thorton, J.Woods, S.Thompson

ALL THE MARBLES
QB - TB12, J.Hurts, Stafford
RB - Ekeler, Zeke, C-Patt, Mack, Rhamondre, BRob, R.White, Foreman
WR - AJ Brown, London, Watson, A.Pierce, Burks, OBJ, Golladay, Amon-Ra, Marshall
TE - Gronk, T.Higbee, D.Arnold, Ebron
Defense: Bills/Saints

JTLoh
Role Player
Role Player

Postby JTLoh » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:02 am

FiremanEd wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:28 am Statements like this are ones I hold to a name when spoken as confidently as is being done.....

SAY MY NAME, FIREMAN ED, SAY MY NAME!
CONTENTION 2
QB - D.Prescott, J.Hurts
RB - J.Jacobs, C-Patt, JRob, BRob, D.Pierce, TDP, H.Haskins
WR - Ceedee, J.Jefferson, JuJu, A.Pierce, Meyers, NWI
TE - M.Andrews, Brevin, J.Woods, L.Thomas
Defense: Cowboys/Viks

CELEBRITY DEATHMATCH
QB - Mahomes, Cousins, Love, Mond, Rush, M.White, Strong
RB - C-Patt, Singletary, K.Herbert, Foreman, Hubbard, Lindsay
WR - Lockett, Hollywood, OBJ, Golladay, AJG, Hardman, Meyers, Osborn, ISM
TE - Kelsey, Ertz, G.Everett, Bryant
Taxi - BRob, TDP, Ingram, A.Smith, K.Phillips, Metchie, Shakir, Tolbert, Thorton, J.Woods, S.Thompson

ALL THE MARBLES
QB - TB12, J.Hurts, Stafford
RB - Ekeler, Zeke, C-Patt, Mack, Rhamondre, BRob, R.White, Foreman
WR - AJ Brown, London, Watson, A.Pierce, Burks, OBJ, Golladay, Amon-Ra, Marshall
TE - Gronk, T.Higbee, D.Arnold, Ebron
Defense: Bills/Saints

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:04 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:52 am
Ice wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:46 am

Time will tell.

Evans route running has improved a bunch. He's also more agile than Metcalf. Like I said, if Evans continues his current production, he has a respectable case for the HOF. There is no logical stance that Metcalf's floor is Mike Evans.
Evans is just under an 80 reception WR and has a basic route tree of 4.

You are correct he has improved. His effectiveness is due to his deeper routes. Metcalf runs the same type of routes although at a faster speed with bigger hands and a better vertical.

I am a big fan of Evans. His stats come from a 15.5 yard per catch average. Metcalf averaged 18.3 in college so his average should be similar to Evans if he can approach 75 - 80 receptions at the NFL level.

Averaging 5 catches per game is what it takes.

Obviously if you don’t think he can make 5 catches per game that floor would sound ridiculous.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:13 am

I personally tend to agree a bit with Ice. I like that he went out on a limb and stated his case. I don't expect all to agree as I see his views as a bit more extreme than mine. I can't fault his logic though. DK is and should be in the conversation as a top 5 dynasty pick. I do not think he will bust, but, I'm not sure he'll have the floor of Evans. I guess I'm a touch lower than Ice is on him. I am however quite optimistic about him and depending on his landing spot, he is a very strong contender for the 1.01. Some are claiming his tape is poor, some are over analyzing his 3 cone... I get it. I'm not comparing him to Calvin or Julio, but.... that style of play is within his reach with good work ethic (which he has), and good coaching and qb play (which we'll find out in a couple weeks).

Differing opinions is what our community is all about. It is precisely what we discuss and it is what helps us to improve as individual owners. Differing view points should be valued and cherished, not crushed and minimized. Diversity of thought leads to advancements, simple as that. Ice, keep it up. I like your style, :clap: even if you are a touch extremely polarized on some views. I may not be quite as high on DK as you, but, that is completely ok. You make a valid case, and that means something.

:thumbup:
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:15 am

Your entire stance completely ignores how much better a prospect Evans was than Metcalf. Evans went Top 10 in one of the best WR classes ever and is producing at a HOF rate.

You gotta be trolling if you think Evans is the FLOOR of anyone. That's not even remotely realistic unless he's one of the greatest WR prospects ever (he's not). You're practical saying that Metcalf at his absolute worst us a guaranteed Pro Bowl WR who will put up 1000+ yards every season. It's laughable.

It's like saying Josh Jacobs floor is Frank Gore.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:18 am

Thanks!

I sure hope he can get to a 5 catch per game average. No doubt, coaching and a solid QB will matter.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:26 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:15 am Your entire stance completely ignores how much better a prospect Evans was than Metcalf. Evans went Top 10 in one of the best WR classes ever and is producing at a HOF rate.

You gotta be trolling if you think Evans is the FLOOR of anyone. That's not even remotely realistic unless he's one of the greatest WR prospects ever (he's not). You're practical saying that Metcalf at his absolute worst us a guaranteed Pro Bowl WR who will put up 1000+ yards every season. It's laughable.

It's like saying Josh Jacobs floor is Frank Gore.
Actually, I am not ignoring Evans at all. Obviously Metcalf has to stay healthy but where we disagree is on the prospect value of Evans then and Metcalf now.

Evans was healthy for sure and had far better QB’s in college but his actual talent was not better. His situation was infinitely better in college.

Agree to disagree but I stand by the comparison. Sure I could be wrong but I see a player with 5-6 receptions on average per game once he cracks the starting lineup.

ebsteelers
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ebsteelers » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:29 am

got him at 1.8

in a ppr super flex tight end premium

tresskid84
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby tresskid84 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:08 pm

If Metcalf goes to Buffalo with Josh Allen, Ice and I might explode from polar opposite reactions, lol.
2021-Orphan Rebuild, 12tm PPR, SF, 1.75 TE Prem
2 SF, 8 Flex

QB: Mayfield, Z Wilson, D Jones, Heinicke, Rudolph, Foles
RB: Herbert, Felton, Evans, Nwangwu, Calais
WR: D Smith, Waddle, Chark, J Palmer, D P-J, Raymond, Washington, Jauan, Darden, Fehoko, Smith-Marsette, C Johnson, Proche, Shi Smith, A Tate, ESB, JJAW
TE: O'Shaughnessy, Moreau, Granson, Tyree J, Hu Bryant, Hopkins, Fortson
2022 Picks: 1.01, 1.04, 1.11, 2.01, 2.09, and 3.02
2023 Picks: six 1sts, my 2nd

2021-Orphan Rebuild, 16tm PPR, SF, 1.5pr TE, DEVY:
1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 SF, 3 Flex
Draft is rookies and devy (only 2022 NFL eligible)

QB: Tua, Fields, Brissett, Foles, Purdy(D), T Morgan(D)
RB: Etienne, Gainwell, Homer, T Jones, J Hill, Ragas, Sargent, Calais, Funk,
WR: Cephus, Nico, J Palmer, Gage, Quez, P Williams, JJAW, Strachan, Proche, Lil'Jordan, Shi Smith, Fryfogle(D)
TE: Moreau, Maxx, H Long, RSJ, Tyree J
2022 Picks: 1.02, 2.02, 2.12, 3.02, 3.07, 3.10, 3.11, 3.12, 3.15, 4.01, 4.02, 4.05, 4.07, 4.12, 4.15

tresskid84
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby tresskid84 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:09 pm

tresskid84 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:08 pm If Metcalf goes to Buffalo with Josh Allen, Ice and I might explode from polar opposite reactions, lol.
Although, they are kind of perfect for each other.
2021-Orphan Rebuild, 12tm PPR, SF, 1.75 TE Prem
2 SF, 8 Flex

QB: Mayfield, Z Wilson, D Jones, Heinicke, Rudolph, Foles
RB: Herbert, Felton, Evans, Nwangwu, Calais
WR: D Smith, Waddle, Chark, J Palmer, D P-J, Raymond, Washington, Jauan, Darden, Fehoko, Smith-Marsette, C Johnson, Proche, Shi Smith, A Tate, ESB, JJAW
TE: O'Shaughnessy, Moreau, Granson, Tyree J, Hu Bryant, Hopkins, Fortson
2022 Picks: 1.01, 1.04, 1.11, 2.01, 2.09, and 3.02
2023 Picks: six 1sts, my 2nd

2021-Orphan Rebuild, 16tm PPR, SF, 1.5pr TE, DEVY:
1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 SF, 3 Flex
Draft is rookies and devy (only 2022 NFL eligible)

QB: Tua, Fields, Brissett, Foles, Purdy(D), T Morgan(D)
RB: Etienne, Gainwell, Homer, T Jones, J Hill, Ragas, Sargent, Calais, Funk,
WR: Cephus, Nico, J Palmer, Gage, Quez, P Williams, JJAW, Strachan, Proche, Lil'Jordan, Shi Smith, Fryfogle(D)
TE: Moreau, Maxx, H Long, RSJ, Tyree J
2022 Picks: 1.02, 2.02, 2.12, 3.02, 3.07, 3.10, 3.11, 3.12, 3.15, 4.01, 4.02, 4.05, 4.07, 4.12, 4.15

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:24 pm

tresskid84 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:09 pm
tresskid84 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:08 pm If Metcalf goes to Buffalo with Josh Allen, Ice and I might explode from polar opposite reactions, lol.
Although, they are kind of perfect for each other.
If they both live up to their potential then yes there may not be a better possible landing spot for him. They both certainly have a lot to prove and improve on in their individual games, but the potential is very tempting.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:25 pm

:D I would love it!
A big mobile QB with a rocket arm that loves to throw deep....What's not to like about that! At least he would get 3-5 long targets weekly.... Hope a few are on line!