Elite QB vs. Elite RB longevity

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.

Will the elite QB or the elite RB more likely be starter-worthy in three and in five years?

QB in 3 years and QB in 5 years
62%
QB in 3 years, RB in 5 years
No votes
RB in 3 years, QB in 5 years
29%
RB in 3 years and RB in 5 years
10%

Total votes: 42

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Elite QB vs. Elite RB longevity

Postby joeya2001 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:49 am

CGW wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:55 am I would like to see the numbers on likelihood of any starting RB to still be in the league in 5 years. The RB position carries a huge injury risk to it, and only a handful of RB manage to escape the fate. There's a reason why a 40yo QB can put up elite numbers in today's NFL, but very few RB even make it to 30.
lol when you get a older RB you get a AP or a Frank Gore

When you get a older QB

You Get Tom Brady or Drew Breese
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Postby moishetreats » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:03 pm

The conversation continues...

Apropos to this thread, I recently traded away James Conner and two third-round picks for Carson Wentz for Team 1 in sig. I already have Rodgers and Wilson (no 3rd QB); James Conner was a starter for me with no one behind him to replace him.

For me, it was about value: Wentz would never come cheaper. For my trade partner, it was about scarcity of elite RBs and winning now.

My trade partner agreed to an extensive interview to share his thoughts behind the trade. f you want to read an excerpted transcript of the interview, then you can do so here: https://fantasyfootballforever.com/2019 ... es-conner/.

-------

I'm still shocked that he would make this trade -- and he's still shocked that I would damage my starting lineup as much as I did to get QB value. I'd love to hear your thoughts!!
10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex / best ball

QB: Herbert, Love, Rodgers, G Smith, Stidham, T Taylor, Hall
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Pacheco, Montgomery, Z White, Allgeier, Dillon
WR: Hill, St. Brown, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, B Johnson
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Kraft, Okonkwo, Dulcich, Tremble

2024: 2.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10, 4.08
2025: 2nd (x2), 4th, 5th (x2)
2026: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 tms 22 active plyrs. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex / best ball

QB: Lawrence (contract through 2026), Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Bijan Robinson ('25), Pollard ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)
WR: G Wilson ('26), AJ Brown ('26), DJ Montgomery ('25)
TE: --
2024 Cap Spent: $186

IR: --
TAXI SQUAD (4 max): --

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:12 pm

moishetreats wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:03 pm The conversation continues...

Apropos to this thread, I recently traded away James Conner and two third-round picks for Carson Wentz for Team 1 in sig. I already have Rodgers and Wilson (no 3rd QB); James Conner was a starter for me with no one behind him to replace him.

For me, it was about value: Wentz would never come cheaper. For my trade partner, it was about scarcity of elite RBs and winning now.

My trade partner agreed to an extensive interview to share his thoughts behind the trade. f you want to read an excerpted transcript of the interview, then you can do so here: https://fantasyfootballforever.com/2019 ... es-conner/.

-------

I'm still shocked that he would make this trade -- and he's still shocked that I would damage my starting lineup as much as I did to get QB value. I'd love to hear your thoughts!!
In 2QB league that's a screaming good deal and you seem to have enough RBs to manage just fine. Well done.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates