Todd Gurley to bust in 2019?

General discussion and team advice concerning Redraft & Keeper leagues.
FantasyFootballShow
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Re: Todd Gurley to bust in 2019?

Postby FantasyFootballShow » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:46 pm

Ice wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:45 am Gurley is a sell or hold best case.

The Rams were not very forthcoming regarding Gurley and it was obvious he had issues. Arthritis at his age isn't a big deal but bone on bone would be. The news really isn't clear so in the fantasy world his risk factor goes up exponentially.

Regardless of an owners viewpoint, his situation is not clear so trading for asset with unknowns is too much risk given the asking price.

I think he will be fine is my guess but not a chance I am buying today.
I've been yelling it since Jan. Most of the push back is that he is so young and has been so good, both are totally irrelevant things. He is hurt currently (and has not yet bounced back). It would be one thing had he bounced back and didn't look awful during the Super Bowl. As you said, the deception adds another level to it. Then, young or not, four years of crazy usage mixed with arthritis in the same knee he had ACL surgery in (with no signs of rebounding to base anything off of)... I honestly dont know how anyone would even consider spending a top 15 pick on him. I wouldn't touch him in the top 15 and would draft Dalvin Cook over him. And, i love that people think that's nuts, it drives me.

I get many will resist this, It's how I roll. Anyone here that knows me, and there are a few, can attest that I specialize in ahead of the curve. I don't always call everything right, but this bold thinking and ahead of the curve is my specialty.
- Smitty
SleeperU
TheFantasyFootballShow

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:56 pm

FantasyFootballShow wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:46 pm

The Rams were not very forthcoming regarding Gurley and it was obvious he had issues. Arthritis at his age isn't a big deal but bone on bone would be. The news really isn't clear so in the fantasy world his risk factor goes up exponentially.

Regardless of an owners viewpoint, his situation is not clear so trading for asset with unknowns is too much risk given the asking price.

I've been yelling it since Jan. Most of the push back is that he is so young and has been so good, both are totally irrelevant things. He is hurt currently (and has not yet bounced back). It would be one thing had he bounced back and didn't look awful during the Super Bowl. As you said, the deception adds another level to it. Then, young or not, four years of crazy usage mixed with arthritis in the same knee he had ACL surgery in (with no signs of rebounding to base anything off of)... I honestly dont know how anyone would even consider spending a top 15 pick on him. I wouldn't touch him in the top 15 and would draft Dalvin Cook over him. And, i love that people think that's nuts, it drives me.

I get many will resist this, It's how I roll. Anyone here that knows me, and there are a few, can attest that I specialize in ahead of the curve. I don't always call everything right, but this bold thinking and ahead of the curve is my specialty.
Generally agree on Gurley today but Dalvin Cook is pushing it a bit. Not a fan of Cook at all! :D
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

FantasyFootballShow
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby FantasyFootballShow » Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:25 pm

Ice wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:56 pm
FantasyFootballShow wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:46 pm

Generally agree on Gurley today but Dalvin Cook is pushing it a bit. Not a fan of Cook at all! :D
I hear ya. I think Cook is one of the best 2nd-round values of 2019. He is an 18-22 pick and top 5RB capable. Most are calling him risky as if he is still costing top 5RB value. At pick 18-22, he's LOADED with upside.
- Smitty
SleeperU
TheFantasyFootballShow

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri May 31, 2019 8:34 am

Bumped to help keep Gurley Health discussions from overwhelming Henderson thread.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:16 am

Gurley isn't playing a single down in preseason.

SELL SELL SELL.

So I can

BUY BUY BUY.

Johnny B. Goode
Starter
Starter

Postby Johnny B. Goode » Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:18 am

Sell before he is worth nothing. Hes done for.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:33 am

NoRiskItNoBiscuit wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:18 am Sell before he is worth nothing. Hes done for.
Between this post and your "STUD" posts on rookie threads, I'm glad you have such an analytical mindset. I'd love to hear more

Johnny B. Goode
Starter
Starter

Postby Johnny B. Goode » Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:46 am

Jigga94 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:33 am
NoRiskItNoBiscuit wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:18 am Sell before he is worth nothing. Hes done for.
Between this post and your "STUD" posts on rookie threads, I'm glad you have such an analytical mindset. I'd love to hear more
I'd be happy to elaborate. What would you like to know? I'd prefer to go to PM for specific questions if you have any.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:13 am

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:16 am .

SELL SELL SELL.

So I can

BUY BUY BUY.
None of the Rams starters do.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:13 am

NOpe, just got him somewhere else, too.

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:14 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:13 am
Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:16 am .

SELL SELL SELL.

So I can

BUY BUY BUY.
None of the Rams starters do.
don't tell anyone. i'm trying to get people to sell gurley cheap.

DelawareRiverEagles
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby DelawareRiverEagles » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:26 pm

Gurley will be fine if Kupp is out there. Once Kupp went down, the Rams really started to struggle. CJ Anderson came in and did well, so I guess Gurley's workload and injuries caught up to him a little, but now he's gotten some R&R. He'll be fine to start the season.

If you sell him, then you better get 2-4 first round picks for him, lol.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:29 pm

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:06 am

But... but... but his doctor was on here telling us ominously otherwise, remember? :crazy:
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:10 am

Orenthal Shames wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:06 am
But... but... but his doctor was on here telling us ominously otherwise, remember? :crazy:
From an inside source.....he wasn't really a doctor.