Todd Gurley to bust in 2019?

General discussion and team advice concerning Redraft & Keeper leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Todd Gurley to bust in 2019?

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:35 pm

Elroypedro wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:13 pm
Cult of Dionysus wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:48 pm Yeah sorry. I was just poking fun at ElRoyPete for his bonkers position a few weeks ago.

:)
My position is still 100% rock solid. There is ZERO evidence that Gurley is injured. He still insists he is not, over and over and over again. His teammates insist he is not. His coach insists. The team insists. His doctors have cleared him 100%. He is having no surgeries.

To pretend he was injured at this point is beyond conspiratorial. It is into the realm of extreme delusion. That isn’t helpful here. I don’t think anyone wants to come here just to comfort themselves and pat themselves on the back as owners of a player by pretending that their poor showing was due to injury.

And now, the supposedly deceitful front office that is “lying” about him being uninjured has come out with brutal honestly about the situation and said that Gurley is just worn down after several years of extreme usage to start his career and they will be proceeding cautiously with his usage and will be trying to use him in a more committee type role. What were their words? “Batman and Robin” situation.

That’s it. That’s the truth. That’s the evidence. That’s what everything points to. There is no evidence to the contrary. The earth isn’t flat. Vaccines don’t cause autism. The global elite aren’t sacrificing baby organ to their intergalactic demon overlords in exchange for technology that brings them political power. Todd Gurley isn’t injured. Period.
Soooo, he's injured. Being "worn down", is being injured. BTW, CJA "clarified" his statements, and gave time references after the fact. He was talking about when he first got there, he said, later. Yet he said, "once you have a knee, you always have a knee". Seems a little suspicious. Almost like somebody told him to. Your position on this is asinine. You're absolutist, and it's ridiculous. I don't know the actual truth, but there is a lot there to suggest he was hurt. Just his usage in the NFC championship game and SB would tell you that.

It's not like people pulled it out of a hat, either. He had a knee injury, then he played, then his usage/production dropped again a few games later. Maybe, just maybe, he re-aggravated it. Tons of former players who are analysts have stated he was hurt, but you think it's beyond the realm of possibility they withheld an injury on a report that would completely change the way the best HC/DC in the history of football might prepare for a Super Bowl. You're an absolute joke with ZERO evidence garbage, and you have the audacity to call anyone who might think he was hurt a conspiracy theorist, tin foil hat wearer, blah blah blah. Give it a rest, you sound like a complete clown.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:29 am

Player always get injured, miss a few games, return & are taken off the injury report only to then says at the start of the following season that they are finally healthy.

Oh .... and Cam’s shoulder wasn’t injured either ... NFL teams lie all the time.

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:37 pm

Looks like some news is starting to come out about possible knee treatments for Gurley this offseason...

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:41 pm

IBall2 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:37 pm Looks like some news is starting to come out about possible knee treatments for Gurley this offseason...
Why would they do that? He was never injured :crazy:

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:01 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:41 pm
IBall2 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:37 pm Looks like some news is starting to come out about possible knee treatments for Gurley this offseason...
I look forward to Elroypedro never posting about this again, and perhaps indeed, never posting again.

Who am I kidding... I'm sure he'll be back with some 9/11 steel beams theory or something. :roll:

Badkins1121
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Badkins1121 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:17 pm

Elroypedro wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:13 pm
Cult of Dionysus wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:48 pm Yeah sorry. I was just poking fun at ElRoyPete for his bonkers position a few weeks ago.

:)
My position is still 100% rock solid. There is ZERO evidence that Gurley is injured. He still insists he is not, over and over and over again. His teammates insist he is not. His coach insists. The team insists. His doctors have cleared him 100%. He is having no surgeries.

To pretend he was injured at this point is beyond conspiratorial. It is into the realm of extreme delusion. That isn’t helpful here. I don’t think anyone wants to come here just to comfort themselves and pat themselves on the back as owners of a player by pretending that their poor showing was due to injury.

And now, the supposedly deceitful front office that is “lying” about him being uninjured has come out with brutal honestly about the situation and said that Gurley is just worn down after several years of extreme usage to start his career and they will be proceeding cautiously with his usage and will be trying to use him in a more committee type role. What were their words? “Batman and Robin” situation.

That’s it. That’s the truth. That’s the evidence. That’s what everything points to. There is no evidence to the contrary. The earth isn’t flat. Vaccines don’t cause autism. The global elite aren’t sacrificing baby organ to their intergalactic demon overlords in exchange for technology that brings them political power. Todd Gurley isn’t injured. Period.
“The Rams currently have Gurley on an offseason regimen in hopes of getting him completely healthy for the 2019 season, but if that doesn't work or if his knee regresses, the team may consider stem cell treatment for their star running back, according to a team source.”

“"We're going to implement a plan to have him attack it to get that knee back to feeling full strength, feeling good based on just the amount of work that he's gotten," McVay said. "That would be no different whether he missed any games or not, though."”

So maybe he was a little hurt?

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:58 pm

If he were a Pat he wouldn't be injured, Patriots don't get injured. Patriots are amazing, phenomenal, the best. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I know you hate me. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:04 pm

Weknownothing86 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:58 pm
If he were a Pat he wouldn't be injured, Patriots don't get injured. Patriots are amazing, phenomenal, the best. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I know you hate me. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nothing a little HGH can’t fix...
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:07 pm

ericanadian wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:04 pm
Weknownothing86 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:58 pm

Nothing a little HGH can’t fix...
Or a handy

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:30 pm

Everyone sees what they want to see.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:03 pm

In 2011 Adrian Peterson tore his ACL (in December I believe). The next year he rushed for 2000 yards.

The point is not that Gurley will follow in Petersons footsteps. The point is thus

(a) twice before people have bet against Gurley & both times he proved them wrong.*
(b) if you believe Gurley is an elite RB he will get more opportunities/chances to be an RB1 just like Peterson and others before him have.
(c) if he is smart and takes proper care of himself, he will likely have more RB1 seasons (and not just opportunities to have).

* - ACL tear in College & down sophomore NFL year

I guess we shall see down the road how this plays out though.
Last edited by ArrylT on Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:07 pm

2000k=Two thousand thousand=2,000,000... ?
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:59 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:07 pm 2000k=Two thousand thousand=2,000,000... ?
I am sure that is how many he felt he had run after that season. :ewink: :lol:

Thanks for catching the typo. 8-)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

FantasyFootballShow
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby FantasyFootballShow » Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:28 am

Surprise surprise.. it will only get worse. I have screamed from the rooftops for months.. hope as many peoples heard me as possible :)
- Smitty
SleeperU
TheFantasyFootballShow