NE Patriots owner Robert Kraft charged with soliciting prostitution

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
problemsolver
Starter
Starter

Re: NE Patriots owner Robert Kraft charged with soliciting prostitution

Postby problemsolver » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:17 pm

LOL.

So you were joking. Nice one. You got me.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:00 pm

ArrylT wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:48 pm
Orenthal Shames wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:55 pm
Ice wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:51 pm

:clap: :clap: :clap:
This story really rubs me the wrong way
You dont like agreeing with Ice? :biggrin:
I've never been more on board with anything in my life
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08, 1.14

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:11 pm

Do owners usually attend the Combine? Odds that Kraft skips it?
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:26 pm

Nanananananana wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:05 pm
problemsolver wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:18 pm The Patriots spent right up to the salary cap in 2018. And 2017. And 2016. And 2015. Brady taking less allows the team to pay his teammates more.

Exactly why it is an unfair advantage and should be looked into. Brady was worth 35 million this year and made 15 million that’s 20 extra million that they are able to spend. Kraft and Brady trust each other that’s the only way this works.

It would be an otherworldly, saintworthy act to deny yourself this extra money every year, Brady is no saint, proven cheater.
He’s proven willing to go to great lengths to get an advantage at winning football games. It seems pretty likely that he would forego salary in order to give his team an advantage and make himself appear to be a better quarterback than he is. He also likes control. Think about how mad he got when the team let Welker walk. By taking less, he gains leverage with the team.

Further, if you think he was actually at risk of being forced out by Belichick for Garappolo, then he’s actually picked up some of that lost money on the back end as every season he plays might be a season he might have been paid zero. Those extra seasons also allow him to increase his endorsement revenue as an active player is also going to be worth more than a retired one. I’m not fully convinced that he’ll end up with less money overall than he would have had he demanded top dollar every year. He might actually end up with more if he can leverage it into playing until he’s 45.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:52 pm

Yeah Tom Brady definitely strikes me as the type of person to play the long game like that.

However this article suggests he has given up at least $60m - so he definitely had to be sure he'd play long enough & earn enough elsewhere to make that up. Assuming of course he cared much about how much he made ...

https://www.businessinsider.com/tom-bra ... ain-2018-7
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

problemsolver
Starter
Starter

Postby problemsolver » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:26 pm

ArrylT wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:52 pm Yeah Tom Brady definitely strikes me as the type of person to play the long game like that.

However this article suggests he has given up at least $60m - so he definitely had to be sure he'd play long enough & earn enough elsewhere to make that up. Assuming of course he cared much about how much he made ...

https://www.businessinsider.com/tom-bra ... ain-2018-7
Between Brady and his wife they are worth slightly north of half a billion dollars. They are one of the richest celebrity couples on the planet. Not saying 60 mil is an inconsequential amount of money but if there is anyone who can afford to leave it on the table its the Bradschens.

Nanananananana
Starter
Starter

Postby Nanananananana » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:49 pm

We conservatively calculated what Brady might have earned in his career if he hadsigned a new deal equal to the going rate for top quarterback contracts throughout his career.
The conservative estimate put his contract discounts at $60 million, but could have been closer to $100 million
The shadiest franchise in sports just happens to have spawned the most altruistic human being on the planet, no no no no give that 100 mil to someone else I’m good. Believe in fairytales if you like, they haven’t earned the benefit of the doubt with me.

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:22 pm

It's not altruistic to realize that remaining on the team where you are winning Super Bowls at the most important position and cementing yourself as the Greatest Of All Time has a tremendously higher long term financial benefit than taking larger money now and squandering your legacy. He is in the GOAT debate of American sports in general at this point. Do you know the financial upside to that as the years and decades progress? Hmm want to stay where you are comfortable, know the system inside and out, win the biggest prize or compete for it almost every year, and keep raising your profile for future earnings? Or would you like to take a higher payday today, leave Belichick, and risk playing on a losing team and in a new system, potentially falling on your face and basically 'MJ on the Wizards'ing the end of your career? Squandering your legacy, having people question if it was just the system for the decades to come? It isn't altruism to stay on the Patriots, and salary is a small slice of the pie for the phenomenally wealthy if they properly invest and manage their money. If higher salary today decreases future earnings in net amount than you could make less and hurt your legacy at the same time and trust me legacy is a massive motivator to someone like Brady. Pardon the continued basketball references... but does he seem like Joe Smith (money under the table for Timberwolves) to you?
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

Nanananananana
Starter
Starter

Postby Nanananananana » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:30 pm

The Pats cheat, Brady cheats, Brady and Kraft are best buds, Kraft gets handjobs from slaves. All Facts.

I believe wholeheartedly that Brady is being paid his full salary whether Now or after his career somehow, although there is an ounce of troll to this as I love making Pats fans defend against the cheating stuff.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:02 am

Nanananananana wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:30 pm The Pats cheat, Brady cheats, Brady and Kraft are best buds, Kraft gets handjobs from slaves. All Facts.

I believe wholeheartedly that Brady is being paid his full salary whether Now or after his career somehow, although there is an ounce of troll to this as I love making Pats fans defend against the cheating stuff.
"NOW GET OFF MY LAWN"
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:56 am

Nanananananana wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:30 pm The Pats cheat, Brady cheats, Brady and Kraft are best buds, Kraft gets handjobs from slaves. All Facts.

Ugggghhhh You are a Jets fan hahahahahahahahhaha. The last QB you won a super bowl with would most definitely have been in Roethlisberger sexual assault territory today. Lets also not get into the shady history of the Jets. Ill post a link https://nesn.com/2015/09/jets-cheating- ... t-hearing/ . I get it you have been a sad franchise for a long long time, but just stop with the hate. Your team has done sketchy stuff. So why the hypocrisy and hate? Also considering everyone on here is not in your corner you may want to reconsider how you sound. He is not getting paid under the table, I have heard some lunatic statements before but that takes the cake.

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:01 am

You are basically saying Tom Brady is a psychopath like Ted Bundy. Like he would manipulate a whole system for years and years. You are saying Brady is a criminal. You really believe that? Next it will be "Brady knew Hernandez killed someone" I already know your reply to this too "Blah blah Cheaters cheat blah blah CHeat blah blah" If you didn't see how flimsy deflategate was than you really are just a waste of time. GLad to see how frustrated the Pats get some people that they resort to this sort of delusional thinking
Last edited by Patsfan86 on Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:03 am

Gr8 b8

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:09 am

Bait or not I don't care. Guy needs to bow down at the altar.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:12 am

Weknownothing86 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:09 am Bait or not I don't care. Guy needs to bow down at the altar.
See this is why no one likes you lol I have a Pats friend who handles the success way better and laughs about all the hate that comes his way. I could give you his number if you want a few lessons...