Kareem Hunt suspension Prediction

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!

How may games will Kareem Hunt be suspended in 2019

Less than 6 games
6%
6 games
16%
8 games
29%
10-12 games
40%
More than 12, but not the entire season
1%
All of 2019
6%
Indefinitely
1%

Total votes: 82

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Kareem Hunt suspension Prediction

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:14 pm

There is a ton of conversation about this, and the decision is coming soon. Want a thread, to put our money where our mouth is. Enough poll options? :lol:
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Kareem Hunt suspension Prediction

Postby Bot101 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:24 pm

My bet would be 10-12 games.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:27 pm

Bot101 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:24 pm My bet would be 10-12 games.
That was mine as well. There are eyewitnesses, and at least partial video evidence of a 2nd incident. With the first incident already in the eyes of the public, I think that's the verdict. IF they find credibility on the 3rd incident, I think it could be more.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:40 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:27 pm
That was mine as well. There are eyewitnesses, and at least partial video evidence of a 2nd incident. With the first incident already in the eyes of the public, I think that's the verdict. IF they find credibility on the 3rd incident, I think it could be more.

There were rumors of multiple incidents in college that were covered up. I doubt this will be investigated or used in this suspension but it does give weight to the other 2 incidents that are being investigated since Hunt has been in the NFL.

I hope he is legitimately sorry and this suspension is the wake up call that he needs..... after the Browns trade him of course lol.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:51 pm

Bot101 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:40 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:27 pm

There were rumors of multiple incidents in college that were covered up. I doubt this will be investigated or used in this suspension but it does give weight to the other 2 incidents that are being investigated since Hunt has been in the NFL.

I hope he is legitimately sorry and this suspension is the wake up call that he needs..... after the Browns trade him of course lol.
Yeah, I really don't think Hunt is sound in the head. He hasn't had enough time to actually change. The remorse was "I got caught". The Browns singing him so soon after the fact probably actually hindered his ability to change. I have a tough time thinking that in 2 months someone changes this pattern of behaviour. If he had to struggle for a few year to get signed, sure. Maybe he could understand the repercussions of his actions. I actually wonder if the fact an NFL team signing him before he was suspended will actually make the punishment harsher. The NFL may think this is a bad look, and tack on a heavier punishment. So much is about public perception, and the NFL is seeing the backlash the Browns are getting from a lot of the fans. It's about money, and if the NFL decides to be lenient, it could hurt them. If they dish out a strong punishment, then they turn the tide on PR, and the bad PR is placed solely on the Browns, and not the NFL.

We can't pretend public perception doesn't matter to the NFL. That is their revenue stream, which is ultimately their largest focus. I think this is a very interesting case, and that the NFL is weighing out it's decision very carefully, because it is a very big deal for their image. I would honestly not be surprised at all if Hunt does not play in 2019 at all. The video, right or wrong, makes this a drastically different case than Ezekiel Elliott's.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:47 am

Just to clarify for purposes of this poll - I assume indefinitely means he remains suspended not "forever" but until the NFL decides he has fulfilled certain conditions - much like with Josh Gordon & Martavius Bryant had to.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:52 am

I went with ( hoping for) 8 games.
Going from “top of the world” to zero relevance is a big shock that can spur change if he responds correctly. I think he is trying to do that. We will see...

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:52 am

ArrylT wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:47 am Just to clarify for purposes of this poll - I assume indefinitely means he remains suspended not "forever" but until the NFL decides he has fulfilled certain conditions - much like with Josh Gordon & Martavius Bryant had to.
Yeah, basically. I suppose you could check that box if you think it will be more than a year, too. I didn't put that as an option, I suppose I could have, I just thought they would go to "indefinitely" at that point, like the examples you suggested.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:02 am

I honestly cannot recall an actual suspension where a player was suspended X number of years rather than indefinitely. That tends more to happen on the World Cup stage for athletes who get caught with banned substances and get 2-4 year bans. I just wanted to make sure that was what was meant rather than Hunt would be the next Ray Rice.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

ascherb
Starter
Starter

Postby ascherb » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:38 am

10-12 games is what I’d guess at this stage, but I’m not sure.
Please give us a visit for awesome FF content:

extrapointff.com

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:58 am

The exempt list is basically the indefinite part to me. I assume they give him 10 and take him off the list before the season starts so he would eligible week 11 (or 12 I guess after a bye). Also assuming the other incidents dint affect him

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:41 am

Not concerned about this Khunt issue as I've never had him or Chubb but for the sake of conversation i can't see why he shouldn't get more than Ray Rice by far.

At least 8 games for this season taking also into consideration the amount of games he missed last year. That would constitute a full season essentially.

Have no problem with the Brownies being proactive and securing rights of first refusal for 2020 which is mainly what this deal is about. The Patriots consistently take fliers on talent , kick the tires because they can get them @ a significant discount. If they come around GREAT, if not release them back into the wild. Public opinion be damned. Treat 'em like a commodity.

Only way i see Hunt playing this coming season in a significant role is if Chubb goes down. Then the push to get his replacement up to speed is ramped up. Otherwise he plays the Damien Williams role waiting in the wings.

theone
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby theone » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:45 am

A quick note. There is a huge difference between 10 and 12 games in terms of Hunt's contract. 10 game suspension means an accrued season in 2019 which makes him a RFA in 2020. 12 game suspension means no accrued season which makes Hunt a ERFA in 2020 and RFA in 2021. It is basically the difference between a cheap 2 year contract or a cheap 3 year contract for CLE.

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:14 am

I went less than 6. Similar to the Jameis deal last year where they went less than 6 because he agreed not to fight it.

I have no idea, really.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:51 am

theone wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:45 am A quick note. There is a huge difference between 10 and 12 games in terms of Hunt's contract. 10 game suspension means an accrued season in 2019 which makes him a RFA in 2020. 12 game suspension means no accrued season which makes Hunt a ERFA in 2020 and RFA in 2021. It is basically the difference between a cheap 2 year contract or a cheap 3 year contract for CLE.
Great point ⏫⏫⏫