Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Why do we value in draft picks?

Postby Patsfan86 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:43 pm

clarion contrarion wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:21 pm
Elroypedro wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:06 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:58 pm

Im sorry that you're infuriated by a bunch of peoples opinions on a fantasy football forum :lol:
Well it’s all relative. It doesn’t actually affect me at all. But it is annoying that these people(you included) are more interested in dragging threads off topic to try to ruin them and bury ideas they don’t like rather than addressing the ideas themselves. There hasn’t been EVEN ONE legitimate, thought out beyond the extreme surface level, or good faith argument against the premise of this thread yet. Not a single one. A lot of quick backlash reactions(as expected and as noted to be expected by another poster early in this thread), and a lot of trolling to try to derail the thread and bury the premise. So yes, I come here for discussion and to do better at this game. Having posters here actively trying to do the opposite in posting here is yeah, maybe not infuriating, but definitely mildly annoying.

On that note, please no more personal attacks and trolling! Can we get on topic? Does anyone have any argument against this other than that it would take a small bit more effort?
OK chief you want it straight , it is a dumb as F*** concept ....as values vary across leagues as scoring systems vary and lineups vary and if you play in one league it still is a colossal waste of time as there are a million tools available for free or paid to get the information to make an informed decision . If you are too daft to compile and sift the resources available then your rankings would be worth a pile of cottonelle and look much the same after taco night with very little off season ( read draft and free agency ) roster /situation realignment.

You attacked people as lazy or not intelligent enough to grasp your stunning genius you have been called on that sir .
Now run along put together your list quickly before the draft or free agency I will eat tacos for supper monday night so if you get them in the mail pronto I may receive them by tuesday morning I would be grateful. :pray:
🐐🐐🐐🐐🐐🐐 quote on this forum 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:43 pm

RIP to this idea, thank you Clarion

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:54 pm

FiremanEd wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:36 pm The answer to all our problems: http://www.mizelle.net/mfl/2019/
My thoughts exactly. Doesn’t Mizelle capture the value of veterans and rookies in one simple ranking that is based upon current and recent drafts... That’s basically what the OP has in mind, and I am one who relies more and more on Mizelles ADP data.

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:45 pm

Weknownothing86 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:43 pm RIP to this idea, thank you Clarion
you are quite welcome sir I do what I can to help :thumbup:
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:51 am

If im following the op correctly.... Isnt he suggesting that we use adp and rankings to form an opinion on any asset? Isnt that exactly what most owners do? Am i missing something? Maybe he suggests there should be 1 universal adp that is viewed as the gospel? Im confused at what his suggestion is, as it seems to me that we all do exactly what he's suggesting.

As to why we value picks... They are our currency for acquiring the players introduced to the league each year. If you choose to trade a pick/s for players, you are doing so based on personal valuations or rankings. Many owners rarely make a rookie pick... they are more comfortable with the veteran rather than a rookie.

This thread seems to stem from a disagreement the op may have had on the value of a player/s vs pick/s. To that, we can only say that everyone values assets differently. We can all look at adp and see guys that we wouldnt touch at current adp (most sell those guys if they own them). Likewise adp reveals some that we feel are values based on that and we try trading for them.

Maybe you have tried trading for someone or trading away someone.... And you and your partner cant agree on compensation? Thats just the game we play. There is no requirement that forces owners to make a trade at a certain price. It feels to me like that is what your asking us to agree with?