Starter
Starter

Re: Why do we value in draft picks?

Postby Elroypedro » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:46 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:35 pm
Hottoddies wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:24 pm
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:16 pm

Lol, no it’s not.
Your right. This year Mike Evans is worth way more than the 1.01. However, last year the 1.01 was worth way than Mike Evans. Whereas Mike Evans true value hasn't change much over that time span.
Right. The problem is he based his entire rant off the faulty assumption that the consensus values mike Evans as “an early 1st.”
No, I did not. Stop trolling. Stop lying. Just leave this thread if you feel the compulsion to do either anymore.
Team 1
10 team .5 PPR, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 TE, 1Flex

QB: Brees, Cousins
RB: McCaffery, Guice, D Williams, Breida, Drake, Penny, S Ware, R Jones, J Adams, I Smith
WR: A Brown, Jeffery, Robinson, Ridley, Pettis, Miller, Shepard, Callaway, MVS, Washington
TE: Kelce, Herndon

Picks:
2019 1.10, 2.10, 3.10, 4.10
2020 1, 2, 3, 4

*2018 Champ*

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:47 pm

You're a trip lol

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:50 pm

clarion contrarion wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:06 pm but who has the correct value and the understanding of how to maximize the knowledge of those 100% correct infallible valuations ? how would we ever track that ?
Opinions of value are not 100% correct infallible valuations. They are just opinions regardless of what standard you use. It's really not that hard to do. I just posted an opinion D'Onta Foreman's value and it took less than a minute to arrive at that opinion. I just looked at DLF top 200 dynasty assets and counted the players ranked lower than Foreman I'd rather have then added that number to the ranking then counted the players ranked higher than Foreman that I would not take over Foreman then subtracted that number from his rank then counted the rookies I'd rather have then added that number to his rank and WHALA I found my value.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

Elroypedro
Starter
Starter

Postby Elroypedro » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:52 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:47 pm You're a trip lol
How? It is infuriating to have the same immature posters come in, lie, try to troll by dragging threads off topic, personally attack rather than deal with the topic and premise.
Team 1

RB: McCaffery, Guice, D Williams, Breida, Drake, Penny, S Ware, R Jones, J Adams, I Smith
WR: A Brown, Jeffery, Robinson, Ridley, Pettis, Miller, Shepard, Callaway, MVS, Washington

Picks:
2020 1, 2, 3, 4

*2018 Champ*

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:54 pm

dude that was tongue in cheek
I was being ironical jerry !
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:55 pm

Hottoddies wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:50 pm
clarion contrarion wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:06 pm but who has the correct value and the understanding of how to maximize the knowledge of those 100% correct infallible valuations ? how would we ever track that ?
Opinions of value are not 100% correct infallible valuations. They are just opinions regardless of what standard you use. It's really not that hard to do. I just posted an opinion D'Onta Foreman's value and it took less than a minute to arrive at that opinion. I just looked at DLF top 200 dynasty assets and counted the players ranked lower than Foreman I'd rather have then added that number to the ranking then counted the players ranked higher than Foreman that I would not take over Foreman then subtracted that number from his rank then counted the rookies I'd rather have then added that number to his rank and WHALA I found my value.
Am I insane or could you have just went straight to the list of rookies

Edit you must be talking startup value
Last edited by Dynasty DeLorean on Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:58 pm

Elroypedro wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:52 pm
How? It is infuriating to have the same immature posters come in, lie, try to troll by dragging threads off topic, personally attack rather than deal with the topic and premise.
Im sorry that you're infuriated by a bunch of peoples opinions on a fantasy football forum :lol:

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:00 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:16 pm

Lol, no it’s not.
Your right. This year Mike Evans is worth way more than the 1.01. However, last year the 1.01 was worth way than Mike Evans. Whereas Mike Evans true value hasn't change much over that time span.
Right. The problem is he based his entire rant off the faulty assumption that the consensus values mike Evans as “an early 1st.”
The point of the post wasn't that Mike Evans is worth the 1.01. The point is that draft pick value is too vague to have any real value.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:02 pm

Hottoddies wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:00 pm

The point of the post wasn't that Mike Evans is worth the 1.01. The point is that draft pick value is too vague to have any real value.
That may have been your interpretation but that is not what he wrote

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:03 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:55 pm

How would that help me if I were to offer a vet for Foreman?

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:05 pm

Hottoddies wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:03 pm

How would that help me if I were to offer a vet for Foreman?
So you can decide how to rank Foreman among vets when making your adp list but when looking at your team and pondering which vet to offer for Foreman you are totally clueless? You realize that makes no sense

Elroypedro
Starter
Starter

Postby Elroypedro » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:06 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:58 pm
Im sorry that you're infuriated by a bunch of peoples opinions on a fantasy football forum :lol:
Well it’s all relative. It doesn’t actually affect me at all. But it is annoying that these people(you included) are more interested in dragging threads off topic to try to ruin them and bury ideas they don’t like rather than addressing the ideas themselves. There hasn’t been EVEN ONE legitimate, thought out beyond the extreme surface level, or good faith argument against the premise of this thread yet. Not a single one. A lot of quick backlash reactions(as expected and as noted to be expected by another poster early in this thread), and a lot of trolling to try to derail the thread and bury the premise. So yes, I come here for discussion and to do better at this game. Having posters here actively trying to do the opposite in posting here is yeah, maybe not infuriating, but definitely mildly annoying.

On that note, please no more personal attacks and trolling! Can we get on topic? Does anyone have any argument against this other than that it would take a small bit more effort?
Team 1

Picks:
2020 1, 2, 3, 4

*2018 Champ*

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:08 pm

now is this for a points per 1st down league ? or is it a cannibalism league
where if I beat you I take one of your players as foreman is ranked higher in my new edition rankings after more market research you get a 50% referral credit as if you are referring my rankings and their deadly accuracy you deserve a break today !
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
TE eifert howard njoku
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
— Leonardo da Vinci

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:21 pm

Elroypedro wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:06 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:58 pm

Well it’s all relative. It doesn’t actually affect me at all. But it is annoying that these people(you included) are more interested in dragging threads off topic to try to ruin them and bury ideas they don’t like rather than addressing the ideas themselves. There hasn’t been EVEN ONE legitimate, thought out beyond the extreme surface level, or good faith argument against the premise of this thread yet. Not a single one. A lot of quick backlash reactions(as expected and as noted to be expected by another poster early in this thread), and a lot of trolling to try to derail the thread and bury the premise. So yes, I come here for discussion and to do better at this game. Having posters here actively trying to do the opposite in posting here is yeah, maybe not infuriating, but definitely mildly annoying.

On that note, please no more personal attacks and trolling! Can we get on topic? Does anyone have any argument against this other than that it would take a small bit more effort?
OK chief you want it straight , it is a dumb as F*** concept ....as values vary across leagues as scoring systems vary and lineups vary and if you play in one league it still is a colossal waste of time as there are a million tools available for free or paid to get the information to make an informed decision . If you are too daft to compile and sift the resources available then your rankings would be worth a pile of cottonelle and look much the same after taco night with very little off season ( read draft and free agency ) roster /situation realignment.

You attacked people as lazy or not intelligent enough to grasp your stunning genius you have been called on that sir .
Now run along put together your list quickly before the draft or free agency I will eat tacos for supper monday night so if you get them in the mail pronto I may receive them by tuesday morning I would be grateful. :pray:
QB luck- driskell
TE eifert howard njoku
2013 ACDL runner up
— Leonardo da Vinci

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:27 pm

The internet is an amusing thing. I can have a horrible day and come here for a good laugh.