Flacco to the Broncos

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
will6779
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Joe Flacco

Postby will6779 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:20 pm

I was real high on flacco after his third season. I went in "buy" mode and have regretted it ever since. But i think hea going to improve. I think he has or is going to get a new oc and i think that was needed for him. Hea never gonna be a top option but could be a low end no1 in a deep league. Also. Hes hitting the age where qbs start ro come into there own. 28 - 30. Im might get back into buy mode on him. The value should be right.
12 team, ppr,idp league. 35 man roster, 5 ts.
Start- qb,2-3rb,3-4wr,1-2te,pk, 2-3 dl, 2-3 lb, 2-3 db
Scoring- all tds 6 pts, lb&db 2/t, 4/sack. Dl 3/t 5/ sack

QB- luck, tannehill, mallet
RB- spiller,sproles,mathews,ingram p thomas, woodhead, f jackson, k davis, freeman
WR- brandon marshall d thomas,cobb,amendola , bolden, landry, bryant, watkins, carter
TE- Olsen, reed, ertz, housler, escobar
PK- Vinatary
DL- , quinn, dunlap, hankins
LB- Kueckly, bowman, greenway, v miller , ogletree, bostic, kirksey
DB- Beathea, weddel

Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Postby Chris_R » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:15 pm

IronSkull wrote:Flacco literally gets treated like the plague in most fantady circles. Hes been phenomenal this offseason

That's the point. He plays his best football during the opost-season. He's not a regular season QB. He's also just like Big Ben in that he's a much, MUCH better real life QB then fantasy QB. Ben has tore up plenty post-seasons before, how many people have him in the top 10? If I owned Flacco I'd be selling him asap. I love him as a real life QB, but he hasn't shown nearly enough in the regular season to prove he's good enough to be valued that highly. This isn't the first time he played well in the post-season, he did the exact same thing last year, and if you look at his post season record, numerous times.

Some guys are just better real life players then they are in fantasy football.
Last edited by Chris_R on Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
12 Team ppr Dynasty IDP Superflex
1 QB, 1 QB/RB, 1 RB, 1 WR, RB/WR, WR/TE, 1 TE, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 DL/LB/DB

QB: Dak Prescott/Kyler Murray
RB: Jonathan Taylor/James Robinson/D'Onta Foreman/Chris Hubbard/Keontay Ingram
WR: Jamar Chase/Diontae Johnson/Amron St Brown/Courtland Sutton/Rondale Moore/Donovan Peoples-Jones/Christian Watson
TE: Dalton Schultz/Gerald Everett/Greg Dulcich/Jeremy Ruckert

DL: Joey Bosa/Khalil Mack
LB: Leighton Vander Esch/Tremaine Edmunds/Blake Martinez/Telvin Smith/Sean Lee
DB: Earl Thomas/Keanu Neal/Minkah Fitzpatrick/John Johnson

Picks: 2023(three)

Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Postby Chris_R » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:19 pm

Ravens4life20 wrote:I believe Jim Caldwell will open up the offense quite a bit for next year, as he has already displayed in the playoffs, he has no fear in letting Flacco throw downfield multiple times a game...Torrey's route tree will expand more in his 3rd year and Caldwell has already used him a lot more in crossing patterns and other short to intermediate routes...this will only make it harder for defenses to contain him. With Boldin likely being retained after the post-season he had, all signs point to Torrey getting more touches as Boldin continues to lose a step. Flacco will have Boldin and Pitta as great short to intermediate receivers, and Smith will have a field day with an expanded route tree and hopefully Jacoby Jones across from him so safeties can't double Torrey. Flacco should have no problem passing for 4200 yards under an offensive coordinator not named Cam Cameron, and if the postseason is any indication, his TD/INT ratio will be hands down better than any of his mediocre years previous.

You posted a ton of assumptions here. 2 guys you listed, Boldin and Jacoby Jones, are likely to be released if you check their cap situation, so not even sure you should be listing them among the positives. Also, it wouldn't be crazy if he did pass for 4200 yards but he's never done it, or thrown for 30+ TD's. The chances of them keeping both of those WR's is slim to none, his other weapons you listed are fine but guys like Smith and Pitta have been there already, neither guy is good enough to vault a QB up into the elite category for fantasy. Not arguing he won't improve, but majority of this are assumptions all on the positive end of the spectrum, and being realistic they will be adding some new WR's to the fold through the draft.
12 Team ppr Dynasty IDP Superflex
1 QB, 1 QB/RB, 1 RB, 1 WR, RB/WR, WR/TE, 1 TE, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 DL/LB/DB

QB: Dak Prescott/Kyler Murray
RB: Jonathan Taylor/James Robinson/D'Onta Foreman/Chris Hubbard/Keontay Ingram
WR: Jamar Chase/Diontae Johnson/Amron St Brown/Courtland Sutton/Rondale Moore/Donovan Peoples-Jones/Christian Watson
TE: Dalton Schultz/Gerald Everett/Greg Dulcich/Jeremy Ruckert

DL: Joey Bosa/Khalil Mack
LB: Leighton Vander Esch/Tremaine Edmunds/Blake Martinez/Telvin Smith/Sean Lee
DB: Earl Thomas/Keanu Neal/Minkah Fitzpatrick/John Johnson

Picks: 2023(three)

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:16 pm

I think Flacco's upside is Eli Manning, his downside is Jay Cutler (as a Bear) and Big Ben is probably a good comparitor as someone else pointed out.

That's not bad, and I'd be happy to have him if the rest of my team was solid or if he was my #2 QB, but he's not really building block quality in my view.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Fantasyfanatic11
All Pro
All Pro

Flacco to the Broncos

Postby Fantasyfanatic11 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:14 am

@AdamSchefter "Breaking: Baltimore has agreement in principle to trade former Super Bowl MVP Joe Flacco to the Broncos, league sources told ESPN.

Trade cannot be processed until new NFL league year begins Wednesday, March 13. Teams prohibited from commenting on deal or terms surrounding it."
16 team PPR
QB: Herbert Purdy Garoppolo Winston
RB: Chubb Bijan Kamara White Singletary Gainwell CEH Penny
WR: Cooper Moore Dotson Beckham Mooney Mingo Renfrow
TE: LaPorta Kittle Waller

16 Team PPR
QB: Herbert
RB: A.Jones Elliott Spears Gainwell Fournette
WR: Kupp Olave M.Williams Flowers OBJ Dotson Johnston Palmer Claypool
TE: LaPorta Schultz Njoku

DLF_TylerK
Captain
Captain

Re: Flacco to the Broncos

Postby DLF_TylerK » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:18 am

As a Sutton owner, I suppose this is an improvement. Flacco made John Brown a WR2 for his time as the starter in 2018. It can't be worse than Keenum was last year, so maybe Sutton can be a solid WR2 in 2019 given the change.
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/TylerFFCreator
Check out my DLF Author Profile for all my articles: https://dynastyleaguefootball.com/author/karpj123/

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Johnny Canuck » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:20 am

Rising tide raises all ships.

Like this for all their pass catchers, and the offense in general should be much better.

Uptick esp for Sutton, Lindsay, and Hamilton imo.

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:25 am

I'd be hesitant to consider Flacco an upgrade to Keenum at this stage of his career. Coaching change was the biggest upgrade.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:28 am

Flacco is an upgrade? No way.

I'd rather go with Keenum + a rookie. They can still draft a rookie. But Flacco is no reason for optimism in Denver's offense.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:28 am

Elway.... Supposed to be that keen eye for a great QB.

Miss after miss after miss now bring in a 34 year old at the tail end of his career for..... why??
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:30 am

Kind of surprised at the responses thus far. I don't know that Flacco is necessarily going to take DEN to the Super Bowl, but he's definitely an upgrade over Keenum.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:31 am

It might be a slight fantasy upgrade, but it's a bad real life move.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:34 am

hockeyBjj wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:28 am Elway.... Supposed to be that keen eye for a great QB.

Miss after miss after miss now bring in a 34 year old at the tail end of his career for..... why??
Don't forget coach after coach after coach too.

Elway was a great QB, but he's a terrible GM.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:45 am

LOLway
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:01 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:31 am It might be a slight fantasy upgrade, but it's a bad real life move.
This