TheOracle
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Joe Flacco

Postby TheOracle » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:59 pm

TheOracle wrote:
IronSkull wrote:MVP
I'm pretty sure the price just went up.
Guys, operative word here is price. If you wanted to acquire Flacco in your league, the owner is more than likely going to want more from you for Flacco than he did yesterday.
12 team//24 Man Roster//1QB,2RB,4WR,1TE,1RB/WR/TE/1K/1DST//0.5 point PPR//$350 Salary Cap (Salary per year/Years)
QB= Stafford (19/3), Luck (10/1), Locker (1/1),
RB= Forte (39/3), Murray (11/3), Mathews (34/3), Martin (10/1), Tate (11/3), Hunter (6/1), F. Jones (3/1)
WR= Green (21/3), Harvin (27/3), Maclin (33/3), Bowe (23/1) Thomas (11/3), Quick (5/1), Hill (10/1)
TE= Hernandez (19/1), Rudolph (8/1)

12 Team, non-PPR, All TDs 6, QB, 2 RB, 4 WR, TE, RB/WR/TE, DEF, K, 20 man rosters, cut to 14 for Rookie/FA Draft
QB: RG3, Newton, Wilson
RB: Richardson, Martin, Spiller, Charles, L. Miller, L. James,
WR: AJ Green, Julio Jones, Cruz, Marshall, Fitzgerald, Alexander, Hankerson,
TE: Gronk,

EdgeFx
Starter
Starter

Postby EdgeFx » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:22 pm

TheOracle wrote:
TheOracle wrote:
IronSkull wrote:MVP
I'm pretty sure the price just went up.
Guys, operative word here is price. If you wanted to acquire Flacco in your league, the owner is more than likely going to want more from you for Flacco than he did yesterday.
Indeed...

TheOracle
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby TheOracle » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:31 pm

IronSkull wrote:He could still be had pretty cheap, people just dont value Flacco. Also, someone might want to pm 49ersfaithful80 and make sure he didnt kill himself after the game haha
No but seriously, what happened? Kaepernick didn't do something like a trademark celebration then airmail the best jump ball receiver ever for the tying conversion, right?
12 team//24 Man Roster//1QB,2RB,4WR,1TE,1RB/WR/TE/1K/1DST//0.5 point PPR//$350 Salary Cap (Salary per year/Years)
QB= Stafford (19/3), Luck (10/1), Locker (1/1),
RB= Forte (39/3), Murray (11/3), Mathews (34/3), Martin (10/1), Tate (11/3), Hunter (6/1), F. Jones (3/1)
WR= Green (21/3), Harvin (27/3), Maclin (33/3), Bowe (23/1) Thomas (11/3), Quick (5/1), Hill (10/1)
TE= Hernandez (19/1), Rudolph (8/1)

12 Team, non-PPR, All TDs 6, QB, 2 RB, 4 WR, TE, RB/WR/TE, DEF, K, 20 man rosters, cut to 14 for Rookie/FA Draft
QB: RG3, Newton, Wilson
RB: Richardson, Martin, Spiller, Charles, L. Miller, L. James,
WR: AJ Green, Julio Jones, Cruz, Marshall, Fitzgerald, Alexander, Hankerson,
TE: Gronk,

mullmania
MVP
MVP

Postby mullmania » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:31 am

I like Pitta and Smith long term but I wonder what effect Boldins loss would have.

IronSkull
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby IronSkull » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:31 am

TheOracle wrote:
IronSkull wrote:He could still be had pretty cheap, people just dont value Flacco. Also, someone might want to pm 49ersfaithful80 and make sure he didnt kill himself after the game haha
No but seriously, what happened? Kaepernick didn't do something like a trademark celebration then airmail the best jump ball receiver ever for the tying conversion, right?
Hahaha something like that. Kaepernick is no doubt an impressive runner but he made some terrible terrible throws last night, Williams should of easily had a pic six if he had any semblance of hands. Overall I was more impressed with Flacco's night passing wise than Kaepernick's.
12 team, non-ppr, standard scoring
QB - Eli Manning, Joe Flacco, Matt Stafford, Christian Ponder
RB - Steven Jackson, M. Lynch, MJD, D.Will, Jonathan Stewart, R.Mendenhal
WR - Brandon Marshall, Wes Welker, Jordy Nelson, S. Rice, M. Wallace, Santonio Holmes, Joe Morgan, D.Avery
TE - K.Rudolph, Heath Miller, Brandon Myers
D - Dolphins
K - M. Crosby

TommyL31
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TommyL31 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:32 am

I personally enjoyed the moment when Kaep almost got picked off when throwing to Randy Moss and I think Nantz mentioned how Kaep doesn't throw guys open or throw to a spot. He likes to wait until a guy is open and then throw to him. He better get rid of that habit real quick or he's going to be lunch meat.
"whiners kill more leagues than incompetent trades" - clarion contrarion

DFFL - Flea Flickers, 12 team PPR dynasty
Legends of the Gridiron - Boss Hawgs, 12 team PPR Superflex Salary Cap league
USFL - Memphis Showboats, 12 team PPR Superflex Tiered Salary Cap League

allpurple
Starter
Starter

Postby allpurple » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:37 am

TommyL31 wrote:I personally enjoyed the moment when Kaep almost got picked off when throwing to Randy Moss and I think Nantz mentioned how Kaep doesn't throw guys open or throw to a spot. He likes to wait until a guy is open and then throw to him. He better get rid of that habit real quick or he's going to be lunch meat.
Moss looked disinterested last night. I am guessing its a career for super freak. I his days man was he fun to watch.

thriftyrocker
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby thriftyrocker » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:04 am

Mullmania wrote:I like Pitta and Smith long term but I wonder what effect Boldins loss would have.
I wonder what effect keeping Boldin around for 3 or 4 more years will have. They need to (if not now then eventually) add a young WR to take over, and relegate Boldin to a Donald Driver "old reliable" role. I mean, of course Boldin was great the whole playoffs. The risk is they no longer see his role as something they should upgrade.

TommyL31
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TommyL31 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:16 am

thriftyrocker wrote:
Mullmania wrote:I like Pitta and Smith long term but I wonder what effect Boldins loss would have.
I wonder what effect keeping Boldin around for 3 or 4 more years will have. They need to (if not now then eventually) add a young WR to take over, and relegate Boldin to a Donald Driver "old reliable" role. I mean, of course Boldin was great the whole playoffs. The risk is they no longer see his role as something they should upgrade.
I could see them increasing their usage of 2 TE sets to have Dickson and Pitta exploit the underneath routes. Right now the only other slot receiver on the roster is Tandon Doss.

Not sure who they'd have on the field in 2 WR sets if Boldin leaves though. Jacoby Jones? Tommy Streeter? I think Streeter has the better tools but he's raw.
"whiners kill more leagues than incompetent trades" - clarion contrarion

DFFL - Flea Flickers, 12 team PPR dynasty
Legends of the Gridiron - Boss Hawgs, 12 team PPR Superflex Salary Cap league
USFL - Memphis Showboats, 12 team PPR Superflex Tiered Salary Cap League

thriftyrocker
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby thriftyrocker » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:30 am

TommyL31 wrote:
thriftyrocker wrote:
I could see them increasing their usage of 2 TE sets to have Dickson and Pitta exploit the underneath routes. Right now the only other slot receiver on the roster is Tandon Doss.

Not sure who they'd have on the field in 2 WR sets if Boldin leaves though. Jacoby Jones? Tommy Streeter? I think Streeter has the better tools but he's raw.
Boldin still has one year left on his contract at 6m. They'll keep him for 2013. They might extend him, but IMO they shouldn't unless it's cheap.

I agree Jones and Streeter are not good options. What would the team look like with Keenan Allen or Da'Rick Rogers beside Smith? Better IMO, if the picks hit.

Ideally, Boldin plays out 2013, they resign him to WR3 money, he plays slot and situational roles, and they take a high pedigree rookie this year or next to play opposite Smith.

Ironically overripe vet WR3s have burned them before - Housh, Evans had huge drops in previous playoff runs. But IMO that's the best role for Boldin if not next year than 2014.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:26 pm

I made a hard push to acquire Flacco early this year, but got nowhere. I don't even want to think what dude wants for him now.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Ravens4life20
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Ravens4life20 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:34 pm

Jim Caldwell has made huge improvements with Flacco and the offense alike. This year I noticed a much improved pocket presence for Flacco and even more importantly, a much quicker release. Caldwell also deserves credit for incorporating a nice change of pace, hurry-up offense.

As much as I agree about him being a mediocre and inconsistent QB for his entire career so far(Cameron era). I have to believe it is in direct correlation to Cam’s stubborn ways. Cam Cameron would never adjust to what defenses would do, and also too often used the same routes for individual players…look at Torrey, Go-routes all day, well even changing it up to something as simple as a crossing pattern where there is no help from a safety to cover his speed would really show-off his speed and skill. Cam also never gave Boldin a chance at the deep ball, yes he isn't a burner but as Caldwell proved and Boldin showed us all post-season, he very much has the advantage against DBs with his strength and going to get the ball…just food for thought on Flacco and the Ravens…if Streeter can become a Malcolm Floyd even for this offense I like our future with Joe having Torrey, Tommy, Pitta, Doss and hopefully a nice draft pick for the future.
QB:Kaepernick, Flacco, Vick
RB:TRich, Martin, E.Lacy, B.Pierce, D.Williams--Taxi squad: DRich, I.Pead
WR:Megatron, L.Fitzgerald, Garcon, Torrey, K.Thompkins--Taxi squad: J.Gordon, S.Hill, A.Dobson
TE:J.Graham, J.Cameron, O.Daniels

DE:Wilkerson, Liuget, C.Johnson
LB:Wagner, S.Lee, Timmons, Beason, D.Smith--Taxi squad:A.Ogletree
DB:TJ Ward, H.Smith, L.Webb

zeeshan2
Captain
Captain

Postby zeeshan2 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:11 pm

Joe Flacco's not a bad Qb, just will be overlooked in fantasy. He can probably give you around 3700-3800 yards and 22-25 TD's. Also had only 2 redzone INT's in his whole career. Good Wr's although aging and don't know if they will stay, an elite back, and good TE's.

Ravens4life20
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Ravens4life20 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:32 pm

I believe Jim Caldwell will open up the offense quite a bit for next year, as he has already displayed in the playoffs, he has no fear in letting Flacco throw downfield multiple times a game...Torrey's route tree will expand more in his 3rd year and Caldwell has already used him a lot more in crossing patterns and other short to intermediate routes...this will only make it harder for defenses to contain him. With Boldin likely being retained after the post-season he had, all signs point to Torrey getting more touches as Boldin continues to lose a step. Flacco will have Boldin and Pitta as great short to intermediate receivers, and Smith will have a field day with an expanded route tree and hopefully Jacoby Jones across from him so safeties can't double Torrey. Flacco should have no problem passing for 4200 yards under an offensive coordinator not named Cam Cameron, and if the postseason is any indication, his TD/INT ratio will be hands down better than any of his mediocre years previous.
QB:Kaepernick, Flacco, Vick
RB:TRich, Martin, E.Lacy, B.Pierce, D.Williams--Taxi squad: DRich, I.Pead
WR:Megatron, L.Fitzgerald, Garcon, Torrey, K.Thompkins--Taxi squad: J.Gordon, S.Hill, A.Dobson
TE:J.Graham, J.Cameron, O.Daniels

DE:Wilkerson, Liuget, C.Johnson
LB:Wagner, S.Lee, Timmons, Beason, D.Smith--Taxi squad:A.Ogletree
DB:TJ Ward, H.Smith, L.Webb

ascherb
Starter
Starter

Postby ascherb » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:32 pm

Wouldn't be surprised if Baltimore went after a quick slot guy as well. I wouldn't say Flacco is among the elite, but you can obviously win a title with him if you have great WR and RB.
Please give us a visit for awesome FF content:

extrapointff.com