Offseason FAAB timeline

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
zdhaugen
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Offseason FAAB timeline

Postby zdhaugen » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:55 pm

I am setting up a dynasty league on Sleeper App. I am planning on having two different budgets. I will have $100 for an inseason FAAB budget, and then will reset it after the season and have a fresh $100 for the offseason FAAB. Waivers will run daily in the offseason and weekly in season. I was wondering when the cutoff should be for resetting the FAAB budget. Currently I am thinking that the inseason FAAB budget would begin following the final preseason game, and end following the final week 16 game. The offseason budget would open the day following the super bowl, and would end after the last game of the preseason. What are you thoughts on this, specifically regarding which budget the preseason should be a part of. If it matters, our rookie drafts will be held the third weekend of July.
Team 1: Single qb tiered ppr league 22 man base roster plus 2 taxi squad spots and 2 IR spots; 2 flex:
Qb: B. Mayfield, J. Goff, J. Winston
Rb: J. Mixon, CEH, J.K. Dobbins, K. Hunt, K. Johnson, G. Bernard, G. Edwards, L. Bowden
Wr: Aj Brown, O. Beckham, C. Kupp, C. Sutton, J. Reagor, T. Higgins, M. Pittman
TE: D. Goedert, Jonnu Smith, Mike Gesicki, OJ Howard, H. Bryant, C. Herndon
2022: 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

Team 2: SF/TE Premium PPR league 22 man roster start 2 rb, 2 wr, 2 flex (not including SF spot):
Qb: Fields, Lance, M. Jones, J. Goff
Rb: J. Mixon, A. Ekeler, T. Etienne, D. Henderson, D. Evans, J. White, J. Doaks
Wr: DJ Moore, Juju, Sutton, R. Bateman, E. Moore, B. Edwards, J. Meyers, B. Perriman
TE: M. Andrews, A. Trautman, G. Everett
2021: 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

mild
Legend
Legend

Re: Offseason FAAB timeline

Postby mild » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:32 pm

You've got it right with that setup, that's the same as our league. Nice one.

zdhaugen
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby zdhaugen » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:20 am

mild wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:32 pm You've got it right with that setup, that's the same as our league. Nice one.
Thanks for the response! Good to know it worked well for other people.
Team 1: Single qb tiered ppr league 22 man base roster plus 2 taxi squad spots and 2 IR spots; 2 flex:
Rb: J. Mixon, CEH, J.K. Dobbins, K. Hunt, K. Johnson, G. Bernard, G. Edwards, L. Bowden

Team 2: SF/TE Premium PPR league 22 man roster start 2 rb, 2 wr, 2 flex (not including SF spot):
Wr: DJ Moore, Juju, Sutton, R. Bateman, E. Moore, B. Edwards, J. Meyers, B. Perriman

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:29 am

That would work, but honestly it just seems like more work on your end. You're basically running FAAB all year anyways, so why divide it up? If owners blow their wads early, that's on them.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

zdhaugen
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby zdhaugen » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:58 am

Orenthal Shames wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:29 am That would work, but honestly it just seems like more work on your end. You're basically running FAAB all year anyways, so why divide it up? If owners blow their wads early, that's on them.
I definitely understand the thought process there, and wouldn't mind being in a league like that. I just feel like in season and off season free agency are very different, and plus I want to do everything I can to promote year around activity for owners, which I think this will do. Also the work will be pretty minimal. I simply have to go in twice a year and reset all the FAAB budgets to 100. Will take like 5 minutes each time. Sleeper app will handle the rest.