Kareem Hunt

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
djeternal2
Captain
Captain

Re: Browns sign Kareem Hunt

Postby djeternal2 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:32 pm

perkinsrooster wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:04 pm

I'd have to agree. I think people are forgetting that Hunt already has served a 5 or 6 de-facto suspension. I would think he is back by mid season at the latest.
I keep seeing this stated that he has served a defacto suspension or the NFL may look at "time served" but I don't understand how. He was cut from the Chiefs and therefore not under contract nor on an NFL roster minutes after being put on the exempt list. Therefore the time missed as far as I'm aware should not count towards any possible suspension that may be announced.
10 tm ppr 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex, TE, K, TDEF (Yr 6)
QB - Ryan, Wentz
RB - Gurley, A Jones, Cohen, Kerryon, Dam Williams, Duke, I Smith, Armstead, T Carson
WR - AJG, Watkins, ARob, A. Cooper, K Allen, M Williams, Godwin, Callaway, JJAW
TE - Gesicki, I Smith, Herndon, Eifert, Sternberger, Dissly

10 tm TE prem 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, K, 2 DB, 2 DL, 2 LB (Yr 5)
QB - Mahomes, Mayfield, Wentz,
RB - Zeke, Chubb, Kerryon, Duke, Edmonds, B Hill
WR - Nuk, AJG, ARob, JJS, Samuel, MVS, T Smith, D Hamilton, Gallup, K Johnson
TE - Njoku, Eifert, Herndon, I Smith, I Thomas, Moreau
DL - Watt, K Clark, Q Williams
LB - D Jones, D Bush
DB - K Neal, Bell

DLF Early Birds - 16 tm SF (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 SF
QB - A Rodgers, Darnold, Rosen, M Rudolph, Luck
RB - Damian Williams, J Howard, Duke, AP, Gore
WR - Julio, Golladay, Kirk, Stills, Manny Sanders, N Harry
TE - Jarwin, Gesicki, Boyle, Sprinkle

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:41 pm

Ultimately, I could see Hunt not doing well here and things going back to normal. Don't forget, we still don't know how long the suspension will be. So it's not quite doomsday if you own Chubb. But, if he pans out then everyone's value is negatively affected.

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:45 pm

The signing of Hunt was smart from a real life football perspective. Once the suspension is served and 2019 season is rolling, possibly in 2020, Hunt can be traded for free draft capital. All the Browns really have to commit is cap space, which they have a ton of. They're essentially buying draft picks and excellent depth at a position of strength (in case Chubb went down).
12 Team - PPR - 30man (2 IR) - 6pt PPTD- 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 Flex - 1 TE
QB: Jalen Hurts, Dak Prescott, Anthony Richardson, Aidan O'Connell
RB: McCaffrey, Jacobs, Barkley, Zamir White, Jaleel McLaughlin, Dowdle, Zach Evans, Dobbins
WR: AJB, London, Aiyuk, Diontae Johnson, Rashee Rice, Ridley, McLaurin, Dotson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Mandrews, Pitts, Likely, Otton

2024: 1.01, 1.07
2025: 3x 1st
Champ: 2020, 2021
Year 9 of my league

purplepride28
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby purplepride28 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:18 pm

To me this just sounds like the browns were willing to make a PR hit on themselves to sign a player then flip him for say a 2nd third round or 3rd. Someone will pay for and want him since Cleveland already took the PR hit signing him and then the browns look like the smart ones? Or I could be way off here but that’s my guy feeling

saw061600
Legend
Legend

Postby saw061600 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:23 pm

"WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?" (Me and every other Chubb owner)
Last edited by saw061600 on Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
10 TM No PPR or waiver 85RST
Herbert Fields Garoppolo Ridder
JT Barkley Etienne Ingram Charb CEH
Evans Aiyuk Dionte Jeudy London JWill GWils EMoore JMyers Mims Moorex2
Andrews Kinkaid Pits Freiermuth
NBosa Quinnen DJJones Clark F-Myers Taylor Graham
Darius Okereke Kendricks DCampbell DJones Baker Kiser Brooks
Adams Simmons Vaccaro Joseph

12 TM .5ppr 45 RST
Herbert Stroud Mayfield
JT Achane Kamara Ford Pacheco Jaleel
AJB DK Godwin Aiyuk Kirk ZJones RMoore Thornton
Hock F-muth
LWilliams Payne Reed Greenard
Bernard Kendricks Warner Baker Williams Tranquil
Budda McKinney Clark Wilson

1-2QB 2-4RB 3-5WR 1-3TE 11OFF/DEF
Herbert Stafford Brock Dobbs
Taylor Jacobs Mattison Kyren Jaleel Ford Bigsby
AJB Diggs Evans Kirk McLaurin Dionte Boyd Renfrow JuJu
Kelce Pitts Deguara
Hutchinson Rousseau Greenard Travon Demarcus
QWilliams EJones TBernard Dean ShaqT Kyzir
Amos Bates Peppers Murray Fitz Clark

Huh
Starter
Starter

Postby Huh » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:40 pm

I don’t think Dorsey brought in a guy he drafted to trade down the road. I think duke is dead or dealt and Chubb and hunt are capped at rb2 level at best. That is when hunt gets to play which might be awhile. Yay for my baker shares!

Mike from Canada
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Mike from Canada » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:50 pm

djeternal2 wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:32 pm
perkinsrooster wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:04 pm

I'd have to agree. I think people are forgetting that Hunt already has served a 5 or 6 de-facto suspension. I would think he is back by mid season at the latest.
I keep seeing this stated that he has served a defacto suspension or the NFL may look at "time served" but I don't understand how. He was cut from the Chiefs and therefore not under contract nor on an NFL roster minutes after being put on the exempt list. Therefore the time missed as far as I'm aware should not count towards any possible suspension that may be announced.
That's a good point and I don't know the answer. I wonder if there is any precedent we could look to. I guess we'll know in a few weeks regardless.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:52 pm

BigJoeWall72 wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:35 pm
Blueboy wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:02 pm Is it me or is this landing spot completely out of left field?
hockeyBjj wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:05 pm This was probably about number 30 of 32 of likely landing spots
I am shocked that most people seem to be surprised by this... I don't get how this can come as a surprise to anyone? Like how is this even a 2-out-of-10 on the surprise-scale? This was always one of the most likely landing spots, and he was always going to get back into the NFL with his talent level.

John Dorsey drafted Hunt in KC.
Hunt is from a suburb of Cleveland.
The Browns have tons of cap space going into 2019.

It might not make sense from a fantasy football perspective, but from a real world football standpoint it makes all the sense in the world. They get a very talented RB, without giving up any assets, on what I'm guessing is a pretty team-friendly deal, who will be coming into the lineup fresh (maybe Week 7 or Week 9?) when other guys are starting to feel a bit worn down from the season, and then they have the right to match any offer during 2020 free agency.

Obviously what Hunt did was totally despicable, but this makes 100% football sense in today's game with evolving offenses and weekly wear and tear. I mean, just look what the Saints do with multiple very good RBs.
It might not be a bad signing on the Browns end, but I'm a little surprised Hunt chose them if there were other teams interested. I'd think he would want to go somewhere where he'd get more playing time and be more of a workhorse so he'd eventually get paid on his next contract. Being in a timeshare with another talented RB doesn't seem like the best business decision on his end. It's possible the Browns offered the most money or he's banking on getting a long-term deal once he's a free agent regardless of his production with the Browns...no idea.

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:16 pm

Goddard wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:52 pm
BigJoeWall72 wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:35 pm
Blueboy wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:02 pm Is it me or is this landing spot completely out of left field?
hockeyBjj wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:05 pm This was probably about number 30 of 32 of likely landing spots
I am shocked that most people seem to be surprised by this... I don't get how this can come as a surprise to anyone? Like how is this even a 2-out-of-10 on the surprise-scale? This was always one of the most likely landing spots, and he was always going to get back into the NFL with his talent level.

John Dorsey drafted Hunt in KC.
Hunt is from a suburb of Cleveland.
The Browns have tons of cap space going into 2019.

It might not make sense from a fantasy football perspective, but from a real world football standpoint it makes all the sense in the world. They get a very talented RB, without giving up any assets, on what I'm guessing is a pretty team-friendly deal, who will be coming into the lineup fresh (maybe Week 7 or Week 9?) when other guys are starting to feel a bit worn down from the season, and then they have the right to match any offer during 2020 free agency.

Obviously what Hunt did was totally despicable, but this makes 100% football sense in today's game with evolving offenses and weekly wear and tear. I mean, just look what the Saints do with multiple very good RBs.
It might not be a bad signing on the Browns end, but I'm a little surprised Hunt chose them if there were other teams interested. I'd think he would want to go somewhere where he'd get more playing time and be more of a workhorse so he'd eventually get paid on his next contract. Being in a timeshare with another talented RB doesn't seem like the best business decision on his end. It's possible the Browns offered the most money or he's banking on getting a long-term deal once he's a free agent regardless of his production with the Browns...no idea.
My guess was that the Browns were the only ones to offer a 1 yr deal, whilst other teams were trying to get a top tier RB for little money on multi year deals (maybe his friend Dorsey helping him out). Just pure speculation from me, he could help Chubb improve and give Browns fresh legs for a run to the finals with the option of trading him in 2020.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:45 pm

It’s a one year deal that will tie Hunt to the team as an RFA. It’s almost certainly for the league minimum and it provides injury insurance at one of the most frequently injured positions. I get that this sucks for Hunt owners from a fantasy perspective, but no idea how people view this as Browns being Browns. They have no obligation to play him over Chubb or even Johnson, but he’s a potentially elite insurance policy for late in the year on a team that I think expects to make the playoffs.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:57 pm

I am not happy as a Chubb owner, but I still believe Chubb is the better talent. I don't see Hunt being there beyond this year, but I could be wrong. I bet on talent with Chubb, and I think he's a RB1 by years end. No guarantees what kind of role Hunt has once he comes back from suspension. If Chubb and the Browns are rolling, they may not use him all that much, but I wonder what all this means for Duke.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:00 pm

I actually kind of like it as a Chubb owner who probably won't be ready to compete next year. Let me keep seeing how good he is, but don't wear him out just yet.

Compiled some quotes from Dorsey's press conference (I've got to watch the thing anyway) in case it's of interest to anyone:

"I think we're all appaled by him [Hunt], but I'm willing to help him be a better man."

"This is no guarantee. Trust has to be earned." Said that Hunt is on a "zero-tolerance" policy.

Called Hunt a "long-term" project.

"I don't think it makes him [Duke Johnson] expendable... yet."

"[Hunt] doesn't have an issue with alcohol, I don't think."

I think I heard Dorsey say that he talked to a lot of people about the issue, but not the victim (?). That seems strange.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

KingsKing
Captain
Captain

Postby KingsKing » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:12 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:57 pm I am not happy as a Chubb owner, but I still believe Chubb is the better talent. I don't see Hunt being there beyond this year, but I could be wrong. I bet on talent with Chubb, and I think he's a RB1 by years end. No guarantees what kind of role Hunt has once he comes back from suspension. If Chubb and the Browns are rolling, they may not use him all that much, but I wonder what all this means for Duke.
Just my opinion but i think Hunt is the better football player, better pass catcher, blocker,more agile, more yards after contact and maybe the toughest Rb in the league to bring down. Chubb is faster in a straight line.

Mike from Canada
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Mike from Canada » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:29 pm

Blueboy wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:00 pm I actually kind of like it as a Chubb owner who probably won't be ready to compete next year. Let me keep seeing how good he is, but don't wear him out just yet.

Compiled some quotes from Dorsey's press conference (I've got to watch the thing anyway) in case it's of interest to anyone:

"I think we're all appaled by him [Hunt], but I'm willing to help him be a better man."

"This is no guarantee. Trust has to be earned." Said that Hunt is on a "zero-tolerance" policy.

Called Hunt a "long-term" project.

"I don't think it makes him [Duke Johnson] expendable... yet."

"[Hunt] doesn't have an issue with alcohol, I don't think."

I think I heard Dorsey say that he talked to a lot of people about the issue, but not the victim (?). That seems strange.
I watched. What a bunch of ridiculous questions Dorsey had to field.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:32 pm

RIP Nick Chubb fantasy value.

Ignoring personality, this is a solid "on the field" signing.

The Browns do not care about your fantasy team.

It is also worth noting it is a one year deal, so he will be there for the playoffs..