Kareem Hunt

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Browns sign Kareem Hunt

Postby clarion contrarion » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:30 pm

maybe dorsey leaked the footage ?
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

BigJoeWall72
Role Player
Role Player

Postby BigJoeWall72 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:35 pm

Blueboy wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:02 pm Is it me or is this landing spot completely out of left field?
hockeyBjj wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:05 pm This was probably about number 30 of 32 of likely landing spots
I am shocked that most people seem to be surprised by this... I don't get how this can come as a surprise to anyone? Like how is this even a 2-out-of-10 on the surprise-scale? This was always one of the most likely landing spots, and he was always going to get back into the NFL with his talent level.

John Dorsey drafted Hunt in KC.
Hunt is from a suburb of Cleveland.
The Browns have tons of cap space going into 2019.

It might not make sense from a fantasy football perspective, but from a real world football standpoint it makes all the sense in the world. They get a very talented RB, without giving up any assets, on what I'm guessing is a pretty team-friendly deal, who will be coming into the lineup fresh (maybe Week 7 or Week 9?) when other guys are starting to feel a bit worn down from the season, and then they have the right to match any offer during 2020 free agency.

Obviously what Hunt did was totally despicable, but this makes 100% football sense in today's game with evolving offenses and weekly wear and tear. I mean, just look what the Saints do with multiple very good RBs.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:36 pm

My next thought is that the Browns knew that the fantasy football forums of the land were quiet & they wanted to do something to liven up the dialogue. :)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

problemsolver
Starter
Starter

Postby problemsolver » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:37 pm

Dontrell Hilliard we hardly knew ye

:( :( :(

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:37 pm

clarion contrarion wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:30 pm maybe dorsey leaked the footage ?
:lol:

You never know though? Payback from Dorsey being let go from KC could be a factor. :think:
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

darewood11
All Pro
All Pro

Postby darewood11 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:42 pm

BigJoeWall72 wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:35 pm
Blueboy wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:02 pm Is it me or is this landing spot completely out of left field?
hockeyBjj wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:05 pm This was probably about number 30 of 32 of likely landing spots
I am shocked that most people seem to be surprised by this... I don't get how this can come as a surprise to anyone? Like how is this even a 2-out-of-10 on the surprise-scale? This was always one of the most likely landing spots, and he was always going to get back into the NFL with his talent level.

It might not make sense from a fantasy football perspective, but from a real world football standpoint it makes all the sense in the world. They get a very talented RB, without giving up any assets, on what I'm guessing is a pretty team-friendly deal, who will be coming into the lineup fresh (maybe Week 7 or Week 9?) when other guys are starting to feel a bit worn down from the season, and then they have the right to match any offer during 2020 free agency.

Obviously what Hunt did was totally despicable, but this makes 100% football sense in today's game with evolving offenses and weekly wear and tear. I mean, just look what the Saints do with multiple very good RBs.
Like the saints comp

dliverey
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby dliverey » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:49 pm

I think it is a great signing from a real life football perspective. This can keep both players fresher by subbing and they can run similar plays so there will not be an obvious tell when they do sub. As a Hunt owner I hate it.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:54 pm

Seems like an overreaction to me. How much will Hunt even play in 2019, seems like he will get a lengthy suspension... Perhaps the Browns signed him to own his rights so they can trade him once his suspension is over. I wouldn't adjust any values due to this until I see Hunt in a Browns uniform in a game.

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:00 pm

This is what I was going to say. I agree 100% and the Browns could be sitting fat and happy heading down the stretch next season with 2 solid RBs sharing the load.

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:03 pm

thebeast wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:54 pm Seems like an overreaction to me. How much will Hunt even play in 2019, seems like he will get a lengthy suspension... Perhaps the Browns signed him to own his rights so they can trade him once his suspension is over. I wouldn't adjust any values due to this until I see Hunt in a Browns uniform in a game.
Agree here. I wouldn't be bumping Chubb down at all yet. Hunt gets a slight boost by virtue of getting a contract but we can't raise him back up until there's more info on the suspension. I agree that he's valuable to the Browns as a sign and trade candidate but he's also the league's best Chubb insurance policy post suspension too.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

Mike from Canada
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Mike from Canada » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:04 pm

I'd have to agree. I think people are forgetting that Hunt already has served a 5 or 6 de-facto suspension. I would think he is back by mid season at the latest.

darewood11
All Pro
All Pro

Postby darewood11 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:18 pm

I dont think it's that terrible for hunt as I expect the browns offense to improve quite a bit this coming year. Hurts the high expectations for chubb tho a little

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:21 pm

This is pure gold. Hunt owner in my league is trying his best to spin this is kinda bad for Hunt and really bad for Chubb. Hes even sayin the Browns might trade Chubb. Ah I cant express how hard I'm laughing in words.

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:28 pm

I fully expect the Browns to trade hunt at the end of the 2019 season, not the most shocking if landing spots but I have to say I didn't think it would be the one.

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:31 pm

Bot101 wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:21 pm This is pure gold. Hunt owner in my league is trying his best to spin this is kinda bad for Hunt and really bad for Chubb. Hes even sayin the Browns might trade Chubb. Ah I cant express how hard I'm laughing in words.
Hunt owner in my league, in pure jest, compared Chubb to be the next Derrick Henry. Someone the fans all believe in but on a team with their head up their butt that never makes him a workhorse lol.
Last edited by hockeyBjj on Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol