Is One Full Point Per Reception Too Much Nowadays?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.

Is One Full Point Per Reception Too Much Nowadays?

Yes, It's Too Much
64%
No, It's Just Right
29%
No, It's Too Little
7%

Total votes: 28

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Is One Full Point Per Reception Too Much Nowadays?

Postby Phaded » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:23 am

If you want it to stop, literally just stop responding to his threads. You are literally all feeding the issue.

C'mon. This is something you should have learned as a toddler.

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:17 am

Bot101 wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:28 pm
knotts4372 wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:15 pm i guess some ppl get bothered by the troll more than others then. just dont see how some preach to not feed the troll and what but are the same ones constantly up in arms saying this person is him and that person is him, which is in fact exactly feeding into his narcissistic persona
Ok I get that. For awhile I tried ignoring it till half the front page were his threads about asinine subjects where he bumps his own threads after a few days to keep them on the front page. So ignoring him is no longer an option for me.

Look at Silver Stars post history. He currently has a stupid amount of "barely relevant player 2019 outlook" threads. Its just annoying and needs to stop. He reads every single post so he cant act dumb. He knows full well that he contributes nothing to any worthwhile discussion.
Totally agree with this. I tried the same thing too, the just ignore him tactic, but he was annoying as hell yesterday and I just can’t ignore him anymore. The dude is pathetic and needs a life. He must not have any friends at all.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:19 am

Phaded wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:23 am If you want it to stop, literally just stop responding to his threads. You are literally all feeding the issue.

C'mon. This is something you should have learned as a toddler.
What a novel concept, why didnt I think of this? Oh wait, I did. Did you happen to read anything I have written on this? His threads do die, then he bumps them days later. So no, your idea of "dont feed the troll" doesnt work because he feeds himself either through bumping his own threads or using a burner to bump his threads.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:29 am

...but yet, you still reply to his posts evidently.
Consistently disregarding it is the key, not occasionnally.

The fact that you want me to read what you have written on this literally proves you are not ignoring it.

Let him feed himself but if you do not acknowledge it (yet so many of you still do) - it will go away over time.

If he is as vindicative as you believe, he gets a rise out of irritating you and getting a reaction.

Stop.
It is literally that simple.

The same group of you who consistently post about him and complain are ironically encouraging him to continue doing it.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:32 am

I respond now yes. Leaving them alone wasnt working. The problem just got worse.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:36 am

I would argue it has gotten worse now that everyone is getting worked up about it. I have not once been irritated by it, have some self control.

Plus like I said, if you believe that he is here to irritate you then you are only letting him win.

There is literally no way to stop him so just let it fizzle out.

jonf86
Starter
Starter

Postby jonf86 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:06 am

Phaded wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:36 am I would argue it has gotten worse now that everyone is getting worked up about it. I have not once been irritated by it, have some self control.

Plus like I said, if you believe that he is here to irritate you then you are only letting him win.

I completely agree. As soon as he gets banned, he'll just keep coming up with new accounts........as he has done already. Showing emotion, being irritated, claiming the forum is under attack is making this guy feel so good about himself. It's okay to feel those things and express frustration to the mods privately. Doing it publicly is just empowering this guy.

One chooses to be irritated. That's not on Turco. Too many are falling right into his trap.
QB: D. Watson, T. Taylor, J. Driskel, J. Johnson, C. Rush, N. Sudfeld, M. White
RB: C. McCaffrey, C. Carson, K. Johnson, R. Penny, J. Samuels, D. Pumphrey
WR: J.J. Smith-Schuster, R. Woods, L. Fitzgerald, J. Nelson, M. Gallup R. Switzer, B. Berrios, C. Batson, R. Higgins, J. Kearse
TE: G. Kittle, I. Thomas, J Doyle, W. Dissly, J. Leggett, J. Gresham, T. Conklin
16 Team Dynasty (PPR). Lineup: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, TE, FLEX, SFLEX
2018 Champs

QB: M. Stafford, J. Garoppolo
RB: I. Crowell, J. Williams, A. Abdullah, C.J. Anderson
WR: C. Godwin, D.J. Moore, W. Fuller, M. Valdez-Scantling, D.J. Chark, E. St. Brown, J. Kumerow, R. Higgins, C. Meredith, J. Kearse
TE: D. Njoku, H. Henry, C. Herndon, G. Everett, I. Thomas, J. Leggett, W. Dissly
14 Team SuperFlex Dynasty TE 1.5 PPR and .15PPY, WR PPR, RB .25PPC and .5PPR, QB: 4 Point TDs
Lineup: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, FLEX, FLEX, OP

jonf86
Starter
Starter

Postby jonf86 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:12 am

I more of a kill him or her with kindness kind of guy. I realized I completely forgot to answer the question. Sorry Turco or Silver planet or whatever your name is now.

1 PPR is just right. I think otherwise RB's would have too much value. However, in a perfect world negative yardage plays probably shouldn't get the point bonus.
WR: J.J. Smith-Schuster, R. Woods, L. Fitzgerald, J. Nelson, M. Gallup R. Switzer, B. Berrios, C. Batson, R. Higgins, J. Kearse
TE: G. Kittle, I. Thomas, J Doyle, W. Dissly, J. Leggett, J. Gresham, T. Conklin
2018 Champs

WR: C. Godwin, D.J. Moore, W. Fuller, M. Valdez-Scantling, D.J. Chark, E. St. Brown, J. Kumerow, R. Higgins, C. Meredith, J. Kearse
TE: D. Njoku, H. Henry, C. Herndon, G. Everett, I. Thomas, J. Leggett, W. Dissly
14 Team SuperFlex Dynasty TE 1.5 PPR and .15PPY, WR PPR, RB .25PPC and .5PPR, QB: 4 Point TDs

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:16 am

jonf86 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:06 am
Phaded wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:36 am I would argue it has gotten worse now that everyone is getting worked up about it. I have not once been irritated by it, have some self control.

I completely agree. As soon as he gets banned, he'll just keep coming up with new accounts........as he has done already. Showing emotion, being irritated, claiming the forum is under attack is making this guy feel so good about himself. It's okay to feel those things and express frustration to the mods privately. Doing it publicly is just empowering this guy.

One chooses to be irritated. That's not on Turco. Too many are falling right into his trap.
Both of you are wrong, in terms of ignoring him (which didn't work, as a lot of posters took him seriously, and I'm looking str8 at you Phaded for responding to and by extension supporting some his work), in terms of confronting him (which did work, see him ultimately getting banned), and in terms of burner accounts (which isn't his bread and butter, rather a defensive tactic).

From what I can tell, he wants to post in a semi-serious manner, so as not to be seen as an overt troll. That's his goal. That's what he likes to do. He likes to get under peoples skin, by staying in the grey area of posting norms. I don't think he wants to flood this forum (or any other) with transparent, non-subtle attacks in the form of Cult of Dicksuckus.

Maybe I'm wrong. But I think he will look for the next forum ignorant of his ways, where he can ply his tricks. In fact, that's what the evidence suggests happened at other fourms, he moves on to greener pastures once he is challenged, revealed, banned.

Time to lock this thread.
Last edited by Cult of Dionysus on Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:22 am

I prefer 3x PPR. Really gives guys like Hines and Riddick a chance to shine

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:33 am

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:16 am
Both of you are wrong, in terms of ignoring him (which didn't work, as a lot of posters took him seriously, and I'm looking str8 at you Phaded for responding to and by extension supporting some his work), in terms of confronting him (which did work, see him ultimately getting banned), and in terms of burner accounts (which isn't his bread and butter, rather a defensive tactic).

From what I can tell, he wants to post in a semi-serious manner, so as not to be seen as an overt troll. That's his goal. That's what he likes to do. He likes to get under peoples skin, by staying in the grey area of posting norms. I don't think he wants to flood this forum (or any other) with transparent, non-subtle attacks in the form of Cult of Dicksuckus.

Maybe I'm wrong. But I think he will look for the next forum ignorant of his ways, where he can ply his tricks. In fact, that's what the evidence suggests happened at other fourms, he moves on to greener pastures once he is challenged, revealed, banned.

No disrespect, but that was honestly one of the more humorous things I've seen on the boards. Sure it was ban worthy, but I found that troll job hilarious and I literally laughed out loud.

I think you guys are looking at this the wrong way. He has done a masterful troll job to get so many people riled up. He shouldn't be banned. He should be appreciated and honored for this masterpiece he continues to paint.

In all seriousness, if everyone ignored him he would fade over time. That's what has happened to very single troll. Now it may take weeks, months, a year, who knows. But as long as he gets one bite, and people are starting threads specifically about him, you just prop him up even more. There are posters here that I don't care for, or I don't think they bring much, so I just don't enter their threads or respond to them. It's really not that hard to ignore someone on the internet.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:43 am

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:16 amBoth of you are wrong, in terms of ignoring him (which didn't work, as a lot of posters took him seriously, and I'm looking str8 at you Phaded for responding to and by extension supporting some his work), in terms of confronting him (which did work, see him ultimately getting banned), and in terms of burner accounts (which isn't his bread and butter, rather a defensive tactic).
I never made a point to say I was going to outright ignore him myself. I have also explicitly stated that I have no issue or concern with what he has done, so why would I explicitly ignore everything that he posts? I am simply referring to the people who are getting their panties twisted about the way a specific members posts.

If I responded to any of his threads, it is actually because he raises a potentially interesting point. Just by glancing at the first page of this portion of the forum, a lot of these threads are worthless in my opinion. Some of his posts were more meaningful than the majority of crap that ends up on this board.

In regards to confronting him "working" - it depends what you mean by "working".
Did his account get banned? Sure.
However, it only takes a matter of minutes to create a new account; in fact, the same amount of time it would take for him to move somewhere else and create an account there.
If he wants to stick around there is literally no getting rid of him. If I were to put myself in his shoes, assuming I would be doing this to irritate people, I would keep making accounts and threads as long as I keep getting a reaction.

Banning a username is only relevant if somebody cares about their number of posts.

jonf86
Starter
Starter

Postby jonf86 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:50 am

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:16 am
jonf86 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:06 am

If confronting him worked, then why are we still talking about it?

I'm ready to move on. You seem more passionate about this fight than I am. Good luck to ya.
2018 Champs

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:30 pm

My dynasty league is non PPR.

tresskid84
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby tresskid84 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:25 pm

Lotto4Life wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:30 pm My dynasty league is non PPR.
Is that too little nowadays???? :shifty:
2021-Orphan Rebuild, 12tm PPR, SF, 1.75 TE Prem
2 SF, 8 Flex

QB: Mayfield, Z Wilson, D Jones, Heinicke, Rudolph, Foles
RB: Herbert, Felton, Evans, Nwangwu, Calais
WR: D Smith, Waddle, Chark, J Palmer, D P-J, Raymond, Washington, Jauan, Darden, Fehoko, Smith-Marsette, C Johnson, Proche, Shi Smith, A Tate, ESB, JJAW
TE: O'Shaughnessy, Moreau, Granson, Tyree J, Hu Bryant, Hopkins, Fortson
2022 Picks: 1.01, 1.04, 1.11, 2.01, 2.09, and 3.02
2023 Picks: six 1sts, my 2nd

2021-Orphan Rebuild, 16tm PPR, SF, 1.5pr TE, DEVY:
1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 SF, 3 Flex
Draft is rookies and devy (only 2022 NFL eligible)

QB: Tua, Fields, Brissett, Foles, Purdy(D), T Morgan(D)
RB: Etienne, Gainwell, Homer, T Jones, J Hill, Ragas, Sargent, Calais, Funk,
WR: Cephus, Nico, J Palmer, Gage, Quez, P Williams, JJAW, Strachan, Proche, Lil'Jordan, Shi Smith, Fryfogle(D)
TE: Moreau, Maxx, H Long, RSJ, Tyree J
2022 Picks: 1.02, 2.02, 2.12, 3.02, 3.07, 3.10, 3.11, 3.12, 3.15, 4.01, 4.02, 4.05, 4.07, 4.12, 4.15