Gallup
Pettis
Baldwin
---------------------
Coutee
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

KingsKing
Captain
Captain

Re: Doug Baldwin vs these young WRs

Postby KingsKing » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:35 pm

I'd have him 3rd on that list behind Robinson and Kirk , I still think he has 2-3 good years left, he is just as quick as ever and still the best option on the Seahawks, he was never healthy last season and the Hawks probably threw the ball fewer times than anybody last season.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:08 pm

I would rather have him with ease over anyone not named ARob.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:01 pm

I would put Baldwin behind all of those players.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=169518&p=1532969
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:57 pm

ARob

Kirk
Baldwin

Gallup
Pettis
Couttee

LestForce
Rookie
Rookie

Postby LestForce » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:07 pm

Very much seems like there’s the attraction to the shiny new toys. Baldwin should have 2-3 years of quality production left in him, and nobody outside of ARob and (prob) Kirk have a similar outlook. The other 3 WRs all have obstacles to exceed that production, Pettis is likely the only one that could pass him. Imo of course

ARob

Baldwin
Kirk

Pettis
Coutee
Gallup
Dynasty Fantasy Football League (12 team, 48 man roster .5 PPR) 5-7
QB: , Allen, Mayfield, Darnold,
RB: Sanders, Chubb, Javonte Williams, Harris, R Freeman, Cohen, J Wilson,T Williams, Guice
WR: Lamb, ARob, Boyd, M Thomas, G Davis, Cobb, Toney, A Rodgers, Westbrook, J Washington, Harmon, Reynolds, T Smith,
TE: Andrews, Kittle, Njoku, I Smith
K: Slye, Hopkins
DL: Ingram, Clark, Hicks, Gross-Matos, Oliver
LB: D. Jones, Warner, Murray, Williamson, Greenlaw, Barnes
DB: T. White, M. Jenkins, Neal, Willis, Apke, K. Joseph,
Picks: N/A

Star Wars Dynasty League (20 team, 2 copy SF PPR TE prem)
QB: Mahomes, Rivers, Bridgewater, Rudolph, Beathard, Driskel
RB: Kamara, Conner, Gurley, Lindsay, Mostert, McKinnon, Cohen, Gaskin, Bernard, Hyde, Wilson, Thompson, Guice
WR: AJ Brown, Allen, Cooks, Landry, Shenault, Shepard, C Wilson, Samuel, Beasley, Ford, Tate,
TE: Henry, Higbee, Brate, Eifert

grandmabetty
Captain
Captain

Postby grandmabetty » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:15 pm

I'd rather have Baldwin over any of them

Elroypedro
Starter
Starter

Postby Elroypedro » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:36 pm

ARob
Baldwin
Pettis
Kirk
Gallup
Coutee
Team 1
10 team .5 PPR, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 TE, 1Flex

QB: Brees, Cousins
RB: McCaffery, Guice, D Williams, Breida, Drake, Penny, S Ware, R Jones, J Adams, I Smith
WR: A Brown, Jeffery, Robinson, Ridley, Pettis, Miller, Shepard, Callaway, MVS, Washington
TE: Kelce, Herndon

Picks:
2019 1.10, 2.10, 3.10, 4.10
2020 1, 2, 3, 4

*2018 Champ*

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:38 pm

I'd rather have all of them over Baldwin. I have a lot of real football respect for Doug Baldwin, but I think he's just about done. And even if he does have one good season left in him, it's unlikely to be better than top 15-20 production, considering Schotty's offense. So there's not much upside to reach for with him versus taking a swing at a decent younger prospect that still has their whole career ahead of them.

If you want me to rank the other guys, then from most to least: Pettis, Coutee, ARob, Kirk, Gallup.
LestForce wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:07 pm Baldwin should have 2-3 years of quality production left in him
Baldwin will be 31 to start '19 with declining athleticism, just had the second worst season of his career, is in the league's most run-heavy offense, and has been passed by Tyler Lockett as his offense's de facto #1 pass target with an emerging David Moore also looming.

If he plays out his contract in Seattle, Baldwin owners will be fortunate to get one more fantasy WR3 tier season out of him. His best fantasy bet at this point is for the Hawks to cut him (preferably this offseason) and hope for a second-wind to his career somewhere else.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:09 am

ninotores basically explained my reasoning as well. My only disagreement is that I think Baldwin going elsewhere is more likely to end up like Jeremy Maclin last 2 years than Brandon Marshall (when he went to the Jets in his Year 31 season) - with Brandon Marshalls Year 32 season as a middle ground. I do not think he will leave Seattle though as his contract is not that onerous, doesnt have an obvious out for the Seahawks & they need WR depth and moving on from Baldwin would just make that worse. I just do not see him as their #1 guy any more.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Big Al
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Big Al » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:14 am

I would take most all of them over Baldwin.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:25 am

ninotoreS wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:38 pm I'd rather have all of them over Baldwin. I have a lot of real football respect for Doug Baldwin, but I think he's just about done. And even if he does have one good season left in him, it's unlikely to be better than top 15-20 production, considering Schotty's offense. So there's not much upside to reach for with him versus taking a swing at a decent younger prospect that still has their whole career ahead of them.

If you want me to rank the other guys, then from most to least: Pettis, Coutee, ARob, Kirk, Gallup.
LestForce wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:07 pm Baldwin should have 2-3 years of quality production left in him
Baldwin will be 31 to start '19 with declining athleticism, just had the second worst season of his career, is in the league's most run-heavy offense, and has been passed by Tyler Lockett as his offense's de facto #1 pass target with an emerging David Moore also looming.

If he plays out his contract in Seattle, Baldwin owners will be fortunate to get one more fantasy WR3 tier season out of him. His best fantasy bet at this point is for the Hawks to cut him (preferably this offseason) and hope for a second-wind to his career somewhere else.
Agree ^

I have been a big Dougie fan over the years, but I sold for a likely early 2020 second this season for the exact rationale Nino laid out.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:22 am

Big Al wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:14 am I would take most all of them over Baldwin.
grandmabetty wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:15 pm I'd rather have Baldwin over any of them
And here's what makes the forum so great.

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:32 pm

Hahaha!
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland