Time to buy Jared Goff in superflex?

Given the increase in popularity for SF and 2QB leagues, this forum is intended for topics relating to these formats.

Buy Goff?

yes
67%
no
33%

Total votes: 30

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Time to buy Jared Goff in superflex?

Postby Servo » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:21 am

Jigga94 wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:46 am Funny you are getting all worked up. I just asked a question.
Just frustrating watching that game unfold and for New England to win in the manner they did. :( :(

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:54 am

JFever wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:26 am Maxhyde. I think that bsp27 is more focused on public perception of Goff and how that perception would / could result in his value / price dropping. I don't think it makes a ton of sense but I do understand that lots of people are very shallow with their depth of thought, easily influenced, and are knee jerk with value swings.

Well, with that approach in thought, Servo, I'd assume that you would also expect more from McVay, the Ram's O-line, GURLEY, and Reynolds, CJ Anderson, R.Woods, and Goff. It was, if I'm not mistaken, the lowest scoring Super bowl of all time right?
I see. Well nobody I play with will be discounting Goff so I guess it is irrelevant for me.

If you can buy low I would
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

rubber_duck
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby rubber_duck » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:51 am

maxhyde wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:54 am I see. Well nobody I play with will be discounting Goff so I guess it is irrelevant for me.

If you can buy low I would
Same in my leagues. There will be no discount for Goff.

Something that I feel didn't get enough attention in this thread was the health of Rams towards the end of the season. Kupp is a tremendously important piece of the offense. When he was lost to IR we found out that the Rams don't have an adequate replacement for him. Also, maybe a few people would consider Gurley to be important and he was MIA the final 2 regular season games and pretty much all of the post season.

I consider Goff an above average NFL talent that is in a really great situation. Yes, Chicago and New England defenses completely derailed them. The takeaway of that, for me, is that McVay and Goff game plan well but are not great at in-game adjustments. Maybe that changes with experience.

If anyone in my leagues is selling Goff at a discount, then I'd be buying.

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:17 pm

Using a simple comparison from Pro Football Reference, I wanted to look at Goff compared to the other "young" QBs in the league right now that at one point were "the next great generation of QBs": Bortles, Carr, Winston, Mariota, Wentz

Just comparing their totals through 2nd and 3rd seasons:

Completion %
Wentz
Goff
Carr
Winston
Mariota

Yards
Goff
Bortles
Carr
Winston
Mariota
Wentz

TDs
Goff
Carr
Bortles
Wentz
Winston
Mariota

QB Rating
Wentz
Goff
Carr
Winston
Mariota
Bortles

INT
Bortles
Winston
Mariota
Goff
Carr
Wentz

Y/A
Goff
Wentz
Carr
Winston
Mariota
Bortles

ANY/A
Goff
Wentz
Carr
Mariota
Winston
Bortles

Sure, Wentz has missed almost half a season now with injuries but he and Goff are a lot further ahead than those other 4, and now Bortles is going to be relegated to backup/spot starter duties. Call it a tough break for guys like Bortles, Carr and to some degree Mariota and Winston who haven't been lucky enough to have great coaching staffs or supporting casts surrounding them...but that's just the way it works. I think after Goff's rookie year, no one predicted that Rams team looking the way it does now.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:13 pm

...but none of those 6 are guys I would be comfortable with paying QB1 prices for; regardless of how they stack up against eachother.

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:44 am

Phaded wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:13 pm ...but none of those 6 are guys I would be comfortable with paying QB1 prices for; regardless of how they stack up against eachother.
Really not Wentz? I know he's had injury issues and all but even this past year he wasn't bad just not great either and he was clearly banged up

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:49 am

Mjvb5 wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:44 am
Phaded wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:13 pm ...but none of those 6 are guys I would be comfortable with paying QB1 prices for; regardless of how they stack up against eachother.
Really not Wentz? I know he's had injury issues and all but even this past year he wasn't bad just not great either and he was clearly banged up
I'd rather have Wentz than a guy like Rodgers in Dynasty, personally.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick